ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 from Tier 4

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Findraj
Newly Registered

Tier 1 from Tier 4

Post by Findraj » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:00 am

Ok I'm going to apply for my tier 4 visa soon..however I would want to study as well as start my own business there..

so how soon can I change from tier 4 to tier 1? Is it allowed to hold 2 visa and can I study while owning a business?

Or do I have to complete my studies first and then 'switch to' tier 1 after my visa gets expire or nears expiration

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance

desibabu

Re: Tier 1 from Tier 4

Post by desibabu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 pm

You have to complete your study first and only then Business can be done.
As a student you are not entitle to do business but you can only work limited hours as mentioned on your visa.
Findraj wrote:Ok I'm going to apply for my tier 4 visa soon..however I would want to study as well as start my own business there..

so how soon can I change from tier 4 to tier 1? Is it allowed to hold 2 visa and can I study while owning a business?

Or do I have to complete my studies first and then 'switch to' tier 1 after my visa gets expire or nears expiration

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance

Findraj
Newly Registered

Post by Findraj » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank you desibabu.

One more question will I be eligible to apply under £200 k or £50 k route or both or none. UKBA site is confusing me right now

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 pm

findraj.... students are not eligible from 13 dec 2012 to switch into 200k rout, after finish your study you can switch graduate enterpreneur if ur uni recommend you and provide you letter, after completing 2 years on graduate enterprenuer you would be able to switch into 50k route

Findraj
Newly Registered

Post by Findraj » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:19 pm

mcr2013 wrote:findraj.... students are not eligible from 13 dec 2012 to switch into 200k rout, after finish your study you can switch graduate enterpreneur if ur uni recommend you and provide you letter, after completing 2 years on graduate enterprenuer you would be able to switch into 50k route
Hmmmm..see this is why I was getting confused. Thank you for your reply Mcr2013.

Raj