ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for EEA2 Given Bio metric Resident Card Instead

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

osoronga123
Newly Registered

Applied for EEA2 Given Bio metric Resident Card Instead

Post by osoronga123 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Febrauary 2012, I applied for EEA2 based on marriage to my Italian wife. HO refused on the grounds that they do not recognise proxy marraige certificates from my country. I appealed based on Article 7 human rights for our new born baby. The judge allowed the appeal. 10 months after the HO sent me a bio-metric residence card for 2 and a half years not a EEA2 residence permit.
Why?
Is it a better or worse option?
Also do I qualify for indefinite stay after the 2 and a half years given that i had stayed 3 years as an overstayer after the expiration of my initial two year work permit?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:22 pm

This is discretionary leave to remain.
If you read the letter which you received with your bio metric card then you will found your eligibility of ILR.
Normally 10 years.

If you register your marriage under English law then you can apply EEA 2 RC again.