ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 & EEA2 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Delkom67
Newly Registered

EEA1 & EEA2 Application

Post by Delkom67 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi All,

My wife and I recently filled in applications EEA1 & EEA2 respectively but submitted together in January 2013. Just last week, my wife Registration Certificate came back without my Residence Card with it.

Our believe was that since both applications were submitted together, we expect both the Registration Certificate and the Residence Card to come together.

Could anyone in this forum kindly advice why it is so ????

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Normally EEA1 is processed more promptly then EEA2. However, its a good signal for your EEA2 RC too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:33 pm

By law the HO are required to issue the Registration Certificate (to EEA national) immediately and the Residence Card (for non EEa national) within 6 months.

This is a common practice, normally the Registration Certificate would come at the same time as the CoA (the receipt for the non EEA application). The RC would follow in a few months. The positive side is that the HO confirms the EEA national status so it is just a matter of formality for the RC to be issued (unless they claim the relationship is not genuine). You just need to wait.

Delkom67
Newly Registered

Post by Delkom67 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:53 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Normally EEA1 is processed more promptly then EEA2. However, its a good signal for your EEA2 RC too.

Hello Sheraz7,
Thanks so much for your prompt response.

Delkom67
Newly Registered

Post by Delkom67 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Jambo wrote:By law the HO are required to issue the Registration Certificate (to EEA national) immediately and the Residence Card (for non EEa national) within 6 months.

This is a common practice, normally the Registration Certificate would come at the same time as the CoA (the receipt for the non EEA application). The RC would follow in a few months. The positive side is that the HO confirms the EEA national status so it is just a matter of formality for the RC to be issued (unless they claim the relationship is not genuine). You just need to wait.

Hi Jambo, Thanks for your concern and the advice. I shall keep on expecting.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA1 & EEA2 Application

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Delkom67 wrote:Hi All,

My wife and I recently filled in applications EEA1 & EEA2 respectively but submitted together in January 2013. Just last week, my wife Registration Certificate came back without my Residence Card with it.

Our believe was that since both applications were submitted together, we expect both the Registration Certificate and the Residence Card to come together.

Could anyone in this forum kindly advice why it is so ????
I would be inclined to ask for an explanation as to why neither COA not residence certificate were not issued straight away. I would also ask for priority for your residence card application in light of this.

Delkom67
Newly Registered

Re:EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by Delkom67 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 am

Hello,
In response to your comment on the above subject matter. I thought the CoA issuance is normal in my case and I am confirming that I have received that in January just about 2 weeks after the submission of our application.

piagio
Newly Registered

Post by piagio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:10 pm

So have you received your RC? Got my wife's RC sent yesterday surprisingly and am wondering why mine didn't come with it.

EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 15/06/13
Received by UKBA: 19/06/13
COA (with right to work)received: 26/06/13 dated 24/06/13

EEA1 RC received: 11/07/13 dated 04/07/13
EEA2 RC????

Delkom67
Newly Registered

Post by Delkom67 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:01 am

piagio wrote:So have you received your RC? Got my wife's RC sent yesterday surprisingly and am wondering why mine didn't come with it.

EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 15/06/13
Received by UKBA: 19/06/13
COA (with right to work)received: 26/06/13 dated 24/06/13

EEA1 RC received: 11/07/13 dated 04/07/13
EEA2 RC????
Hello,
Yes, I have got it after a week after our interview. Wish you best of luck!!

piagio
Newly Registered

Post by piagio » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for your response. Please what is the distance in terms of time frame between the time your wife got her RC and when you got the invite for the interview. What sort of questions did they ask you guys?

Delkom67
Newly Registered

Post by Delkom67 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:22 pm

piagio wrote:Thanks for your response. Please what is the distance in terms of time frame between the time your wife got her RC and when you got the invite for the interview. What sort of questions did they ask you guys?
Hello,
She got her RC almost 3 months after submitting the application. A week after the arrival of her RC we got a letter of invitation for an interview in Liverpool at the HomeOffice. I even had to send email to them to change the first interview date as it was too long. As a result of anxiety,I had to ask them for an early date which they approved. So, a week after the interview I got my passport back with other supporting documents by post.

For the questions, I think that we depend on your circumstances with the Homeoffice. I think they want to find out how genuine your relationship is!! But does not necessarily mean that you will be called for one!!

edumlo

Post by edumlo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Piagio, Im in the exact same situation, posted the same day as you, received my COA same day as you and today just like you my wife received her registration card and nothing for me.
Please post when yours is received or if you are called for an interview.

Cheers