ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Approved with the Help of Good Solicitor

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryanlion
Newly Registered

Visa Approved with the Help of Good Solicitor

Post by ryanlion » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:27 pm

After four months and two application attempts, I finally got the approval letter today via my solicitor.

My case was extremely complicated, as I had a previous refusal for an application I submitted after my PSW visa expired. I spoke with a number of solicitors over the phone and in person yet most did not appear to know as much as I did about the application process (which was a big concern!). I eventually came across a good London firm that was extremely helpful. They were the first solicitors I talked to that seemed to know more than I did about the application process and how to best position my case. I decided to go with them for my second application attempt.

If your case is not straightforward, go through a solicitor, at least for an initial consultation to see what they can offer you. You're not obliged to follow their advice (nor mine!).

Timelines:
May 3rd – Application submitted
May 8th - Application received by UKBA
May 21st – (letter dated May 17th) Application confirmation from UKBA
June 5th – (letter dated May 31st) Invitation for biometric appointment from UKBA, performed same day
July 11th – Approval letter (dated July 8th), still waiting on BRP

Documents submitted:
-CV
-Business Plan
-UK personal bank statement
-UK business bank account statement
-Website print-outs
-Advertising receipts
-Copy of business insurance
-Copy of accountant receipt
-Three original contracts
-Copies of Invoices
-Print out of Online Companies House Directors Report
-Companies House Company Certificate
-HMRC VAT Registration
-HMRC UTR Form
-Business Cards

This forum has been a great help. All the best to you all, good luck in life and business!
Last edited by ryanlion on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Approved with the Help of Good Solicitor

Post by KickAss » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Thanks ryanlion for sharing this and Congrats !

For all other newbies !

Please consider above suggestion as a guideline and dont blindly trust any solicitor. As mentioned by ryanlion , do your homework and only then go to any solicitor (Including the one mentioned above).

Going through policy guide will give you enough knowledge to evaluate if you really need a solicitor or can apply on your own.
In case you still think you need solicitor, make sure they know stuff >= moderators\admins on this forum.
Cheers
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

henrospanish
Newly Registered

Post by henrospanish » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 am

hi ryanlion thanks for sharing and congrats again.

My situation is exactly like yours, I made an application after my PSW expired, but applied within the 28day grace period, but got rejected because my name was not included on my website, I then made a fresh application again and scored all the points however ukba said I did not apply within the 28days period.
What did your solicitor do for you? did they go for a JRE?
please can you let me know so I can also advise my solictor or update then as well too, because they are preparing to lodge a JRE review?

Thanks

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:04 pm

ryanlion wrote:After four months and two application attempts, I finally got the approval letter today via my solicitor.

My case was extremely complicated, as I had a previous refusal for an application I submitted after my PSW visa expired. I spoke with a number of solicitors over the phone and in person yet most did not appear to know as much as I did about the application process (which was a big concern!). I eventually came across a London firm called Vincent Buffoni (http://www.vincentbuffoni.co.uk) and had a consultation with Medina and Dhruti, who were both extremely helpful. They were the first solicitors I talked to that seemed to know more than I did about the application process and how to best position my case. I decided to go with them for my second application attempt.

If your case is not straightforward, go through a solicitor, at least for an initial consultation to see what they can offer you. I recommend Vincent Buffoni, although there are probably other good ones out there too…no matter what you decide, do your homework!

Timelines:
June 5th – (letter dated May 31st) Invitation for biometric appointment from UKBA, performed same day

Documents submitted:
-CV
-Business Plan
-Website print-outs
-Advertising receipts
-Copies of Invoices
-HMRC VAT Registration
-HMRC UTR Form
-Business Cards

This forum has been a great help. All the best to you all, good luck in life and business!
Congrats for getting your visa.
But I feel it is wrong to promote your solicitor using this forum.

ryanlion
Newly Registered

Post by ryanlion » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 am

I spent many days hunting for a solicitor. I know it would have been helpful for me at the start of my search if I had a few contacts (or at least one) with a track record of delivering results for complex cases.

No one is obliged to follow my suggestions nor anyone else's on any forum. Everyone has their 2 cents and anything posted should be taken with a grain of salt, not as an action to follow.

ryanlion
Newly Registered

Post by ryanlion » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 am

@henrospanish - No, did not go through JRE. Just made a fresh application within 28 days. I am unfamiliar with the JRE process, nor am I aware of my solicitor's experience with JRE. However, I do have contacts in the QC (i.e. Queen's Counsel) that can maybe help for such a case. I can PM you details if you wish.

Sug

Post by Sug » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:30 pm

ryanlion wrote:@henrospanish - No, did not go through JRE. Just made a fresh application within 28 days. I am unfamiliar with the JRE process, nor am I aware of my solicitor's experience with JRE. However, I do have contacts in the QC (i.e. Queen's Counsel) that can maybe help for such a case. I can PM you details if you wish.

No offence but u sound like a solicitor , 'mark of zero'
Hi

Newstarter07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Newstarter07 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Moderator should check this post..... Marketing should not be allowed....

truth88
Newly Registered

Post by truth88 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:58 pm

[quote="ryanlion"]After four months and two application attempts, I finally got the approval letter today via my solicitor.

My case was extremely complicated, as I had a previous refusal for an application I submitted after my PSW visa expired. I spoke with a number of solicitors over the phone and in person yet most did not appear to know as much as I did about the application process (which was a big concern!). I eventually came across a good London firm that was extremely helpful. They were the first solicitors I talked to that seemed to know more than I did about the application process and how to best position my case. I decided to go with them for my second application attempt.

If your case is not straightforward, go through a solicitor, at least for an initial consultation to see what they can offer you. You're not obliged to follow their advice (nor mine!).

[b]Timelines:[/b]

[b]Documents submitted:[/b]
-CV
-Business Plan
-Website print-outs
-Advertising receipts
-Copies of Invoices
-HMRC VAT Registration
-HMRC UTR Form
-Business Cards

This forum has been a great help. All the best to you all, good luck in life and business![/quote]

I used the same solicitor , did everything they said and my visa was refused after nearly 9 months. They are really unprofessional and would not recommend them

b.Ali
Newly Registered

Post by b.Ali » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

can you please provide me your solicitor details..you can pm me.
Thanks

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:19 am

ryanlion wrote:After four months and two application attempts, I finally got the approval letter today via my solicitor.

Timelines:

Documents submitted:
-CV
-Business Plan
-Website print-outs
-Advertising receipts
-Copies of Invoices
-HMRC VAT Registration
-HMRC UTR Form
-Business Cards

Congrats! This is really good.

So your made initial application after your poststudy visa expired but within 28days and the application was refused. Then you made a fresh application within 28daysof refusal and got the visa right?

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:30 am

henrospanish wrote:hi ryanlion thanks for sharing and congrats again.

My situation is exactly like yours, I made an application after my PSW expired, but applied within the 28day grace period, but got rejected because my name was not included on my website, I then made a fresh application again and scored all the points however ukba said I did not apply within the 28days period.
What did your solicitor do for you? did they go for a JRE?
please can you let me know so I can also advise my solictor or update then as well too, because they are preparing to lodge a JRE review?

Thanks
Hello,

Don't worry, you will be fine with Judicial Review and I think that is the only option you have now anyway.

You need a good solicitor for challenge them. This would have been much easier with the first refusal though. What did your solicitor say about your case or how did he say he/she will help you. You should know that is what you are paying for.