ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as a Student

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PACO
Newly Registered

Naturalisation as a Student

Post by PACO » Tue May 08, 2007 2:48 am

Dear All,

I am applying for my naturalisation by the end of July. ILR + 1 year.

Since the form asks for your occupation and at the moment I am studying some short courses that has always been of interest but could not really afford to do them.

My question is will that affect my chances of getting the British Citizenship since I am a student and not paying taxes?

I am supporting my courses through a inheritance that my auntie left me six months ago.

Could you please advise me.

Thanking you for your help and guidance.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 08, 2007 8:53 am

No problem at all. There is no compulsion for an applicant for Naturalisation to be working, and many do not, for a number of reasons.

For example, someone might be a housewife (or househusband), or indeed as for you, they might be a student. No problem whatsoever.
John

PACO
Newly Registered

Post by PACO » Tue May 08, 2007 6:32 pm

Thank you John,

This re-assures me as I was a bit worried.

All the best and kind regards,