ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of address

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arash_uk

Proof of address

Post by arash_uk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Dear All,

In the EEA2 application proof of residency or proof of address is required.

I am struggling to open a bank account which has not been successful so far. I have a letter from Job Centre confirming my NI number. Then, can I use it as proof of address?

Thank you in advance.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of address

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

arash_uk wrote:Dear All,

I am struggling to open a bank account which has not been successful so far. I have a letter from Job Centre confirming my NI number. Then, can I use it as proof of address?

Thank you in advance.
we all face this problem when was new to this country ( opening a Bank account )

apply for a Prepaid Card. Prepaid cards are great for students and those that have little or no credit history. Once the card is sent to your home, use the letter that comes with it as proof of address.

apply for a provisional driving license at the post office
There is a charge for this £50 and the DVLA takes around 2 weeks to send this through to your address. You can then use this as a valid proof of your address.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:19 pm

arash_uk wrote:Dear All,

Thank you in advance.
Alternatively, you can also attach tenancy agreement/utility bills/ etc.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:02 pm

arash_uk wrote: In the EEA2 application proof of residency or proof of address is required.
Where exactly does it say that?

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm

additionally you can attach your gp letters, salary slips and your vote registration letter as a source of proving your address to them

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:38 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
arash_uk wrote: In the EEA2 application proof of residency or proof of address is required.
EUsmile it says in the application form itself.

arash_uk

Post by arash_uk » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:10 am

Hi,

Thank you all but the problems are:
1-I cannot apply for driving license as I have not been here for at least 183 days
2-No bill is in my name
3-I am not working and there is no payslips

My questions was that if NI letter would be an acceptable proof of address?

The pre-paid cards seems good and if I could not find any other way, I will go for that.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Pablito wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
EUsmile it says in the application form itself.
The form is rather long and tedious (and is updated fairly frequently). I've failed to find the part that demands proof of residency. Can someone point out the page?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Page 25 Section 12 - Documents.

As evidence of current residence in the UK by you and your family members:

Proof of residence: this can include tenancy agreements, utility bills and bank statements. For
children this could include letters from their school.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:35 pm

arash_uk wrote:Hi,

Thank you all but the problems are:
1-I cannot apply for driving license as I have not been here for at least 183 days
2-No bill is in my name
3-I am not working and there is no payslips

My questions was that if NI letter would be an acceptable proof of address?

The pre-paid cards seems good and if I could not find any other way, I will go for that.
It should be fine. They just want some proof mainly to avoid people who are not resident in the UK from applying for RC.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Ok, now I see it. Is this a recent arrival on the form? The tick-boxes appear to be for a whole myriad of application types.

Section 12 starts with "For your application to be complete, you must provide the documents specified below which are relevant to your application" (emphasis added).

The proof of address may be irrelevant to the OP's application depending on the circumstances.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Jambo wrote: It should be fine. They just want some proof mainly to avoid people who are not resident in the UK from applying for RC.
The reason I am so curious about this is because of these proposals.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=140093

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 pm

This same writing contents were also in old version of form too but unfortunately UKBA just added the payment section without bothering to make this writing clear with a proper title on it.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Ok, now I see it. Is this a recent arrival on the form? The tick-boxes appear to be for a whole myriad of application types.

Section 12 starts with "For your application to be complete, you must provide the documents specified below which are relevant to your application" (emphasis added).

The proof of address may be irrelevant to the OP's application depending on the circumstances.
As said it was also there in the previous version. It is not a requirement by the regulations and I suspect this was to combat applications made by people still residing abroad (there were several reports in the past of people doing that to get pass the visa section although to be honest, it should not be difficult to get your name added on a utility bills without setting foot in this country).