ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Amy_le wrote:
Amy_le wrote:My case:

More than 4 years students, 2 years post study work, almost 4 years on Tier 1 general.

Application posted on 11/02/2013
Confirmation received on 14/02/2013
Biometric taken on 16/03/2013

Application status: Waiting....grrrrrrr

Just a quick update, my application has been approved on 4th July 2013. Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting for the outcome.

Many thanks for your update. I got similar visa status for the past 10 years. Can you please guide the documents you provided/required for ILR.
I believe its Passport/s, Life in UK,BRP & Photosx2 that's it isn't. Please confirm or suggest me if any more required.
Quick support much appreciated.
Many Thanks.

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:13 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Amy_le wrote:

More than 4 years students, 2 years post study work, almost 4 years on Tier 1 general.

Just a quick update, my application has been approved on 4th July 2013. Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting for the outcome.

Many thanks for your update. I got similar visa status for the past 10 years. Can you please guide the documents you provided/required for ILR.
I believe its Passport/s, Life in UK,BRP & Photosx2 that's it isn't. Please confirm or suggest me if any more required.
Many Thanks.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uidelr.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... formlr.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ce0409.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... rmset(LR)/

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR basis of 10 years rule under process

Post by amjadleeds » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:02 am

Hi everyone

I have a question , any one ILR not granted HO gave you chance to extend your previous leave, or they extend leave to remain by automatic,
I have really stress my Tier 1 G leave expired, my ILR is under process from 9 month and my family FLRO application refused by putting reason they don't have family life in this country even my son 8 and half year studying full time here and under 18, my daughter eight year old born here five year in school.
Going for appeal against the decision, my solicitor made application under FLRO because immigration law say seven year rule for child in this country.

Please guys give me your views and thinking in my case.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards
amjad leeds

jony_dhaka

Re: ILR basis of 10 years rule under process

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:16 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I have a question , any one ILR not granted HO gave you chance to extend your previous leave, or they extend leave to remain by automatic,
I have really stress my Tier 1 G leave expired, my ILR is under process from 9 month and my family FLRO application refused by putting reason they don't have family life in this country even my son 8 and half year studying full time here and under 18, my daughter eight year old born here five year in school.
Going for appeal against the decision, my solicitor made application under FLRO because immigration law say seven year rule for child in this country.

Please guys give me your views and thinking in my case.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards
amjad leeds
Brother Amjad .. you and your dependent are legal in uk as long as HO processing your ILR and can continue your work . I have extend my visa in uk 4 times by myself last 10 years. Wish you all the best .

xshayaanx

ST LR

Post by xshayaanx » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi everyone, I have just sent my application pack through under SET (LR). Just provided Passports, BRP, Life in UK Test and the photocopies of the passport. Straightforward case (in my mind!) 8 years student plus 2 years psw.

Lets see when they get back to me, as I have my wedding to attend at the end of this year!!!!
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:06 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
Amy_le wrote:

Many Thanks.

Many Thans for Links. As I knew these links.
Requesting confirmation by your practical/personal experience ..Forms are not straight forward.Thats the reason I was looking for some practical or expert suggestions.
Can I request the same question? Can you please confirm the documents you submitted with SET(LR).
Please advice..
Many thanks,
Irfan

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Bhupal wrote:Thanks ppyrmt...I send my two old and new passport,SetLR form,1051 Postal order,and covering letter
ppycrmt wrote:What docs did you send?
Bhupal wrote:congrats to all ILR received this week.....I am also waiting,but I gave twice a times of Biometric coz HO said they have not received my first one....shock....my Time line are:

10/05/13: SET(LR) form send
17/05/13:Ack received
29/05/13:First Finger print
28/06/13Second Finger print
BRP and passport still waiting

Guys pls pray for me....I will also pray for you all for your ILR

Just wondering,Did you submit Life in UK?

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Brother irfan , Apart from . 1). Passport 2). life in uk test certificate 3) 2 Photos
I gave something extra :
1) All the confirmation latter of my previous visa and there photocopies .
2) One of my BRP photocopy because they kept the original and give me a new one back in 2006 .
3) I made a visa and absence history in a separate page and attached with the application .
4) checked my application by a solicitor (cost me only 50 pound )

I tried to give them as much as information as i could . So that they don't have to ask me any question . Also i did a huge research before i send my application . I tired my best .So insha allah

Note : I have extend my uk student visa 4 times by myself last 10 years .
rmkirfan wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
Amy_le wrote:

Many Thanks.

Many Thans for Links. As I knew these links.
Requesting confirmation by your practical/personal experience ..Forms are not straight forward.Thats the reason I was looking for some practical or expert suggestions.
Can I request the same question? Can you please confirm the documents you submitted with SET(LR).
Please advice..
Many thanks,
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ST LR

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 pm

xshayaanx wrote:Hi everyone, I have just sent my application pack through under SET (LR). Just provided Passports, BRP, Life in UK Test and the photocopies of the passport. Straightforward case (in my mind!) 8 years student plus 2 years psw.

Lets see when they get back to me, as I have my wedding to attend at the end of this year!!!!
Good Luck.. mate..

IM ALSO ELIGIBLE IN SEP2013 AS BELOW.
3 years student + 1 year SEGS + 2 YEARS STUDENT+ 2 YEARS PSW + 5 YEARS TIER 1 GENERAL UNTILL 2016.
Following Docs ready to submit.

1) Passports x2 - Previous/current with all Visa including BRP
2)Life in UK.
3)Covering Letter.
4)SET(LR) form.

PLEASE SUGGEST ANY DOCS MISSING.

MANY THANKS,
IRFAN

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:57 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:Brother irfan , Apart from . 1). Passport 2). life in uk test certificate 3) 2 Photos
I gave something extra :
1) All the confirmation latter of my previous visa and there photocopies .
2) One of my BRP photocopy because they kept the original and give me a new one back in 2006 .
3) I made a visa and absence history in a separate page and attached with the application .
4) checked my application by a solicitor (cost me only 50 pound )

I tried to give them as much as information as i could . So that they don't have to ask me any question . Also i did a huge research before i send my application . I tired my best .So insha allah

Note : I have extend my uk student visa 4 times by myself last 10 years .

Many thanks for your quick support.
Always good to submit exta docs as you mentioned , Inshallah im trying best to submit with help of Allah and also this forum support.

IM ELIGIBLE IN SEP2013 AS BELOW.
3 years student + 1 year SEGS + 2 YEARS STUDENT+ 2 YEARS PSW + 5 YEARS TIER 1 GENERAL UNTILL 2016.

Please update your application progress would be much appreciated.
Inshallah you will hear good news soon..

manwar

dependent and child

Post by manwar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:51 pm

HI,
I have applied for ILR on SET O form in april 2013 and still waiting.

My wife is student dependent and visa runs out next month 10th. and we have a new born daughter who is without passport.

as the forms are changed in april. which form do i need to fill for them? does my wife need english language?

ppycrmt

Passport

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:41 pm

I am applying SET(LR) in 2 weeks time, on the last page of the page, they said they want "photocopies of the same", what does that suppose to mean?

Please advise further.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

FLR O application refused

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:42 am

Hi everyone

My family visa refused on FLRO simply reason don't have family life in this country even living here 8 and half years, son is studying eight and half years, daughter born here and now she is eight year old, two kids death in this country, youngest only 10 month old has a serious health problem, case worker not bother to look proper laws, straight refusal with right of appeal.
I have lodge appeal please guys I need your prayers.
My own application is still in process from Oct, I have just called today to check status of application, lady told me we are considering Oct application, your in a considerations.
Nearly 12 years in this country, regular study up to 8 years, 4 years part time, doing teaching job last three years, Qualified teacher from UK, but thing going still against me.
Guys please pray for me.
Please share your experience and information regarding child in UK 7 years more for FLRO rule, under which my solicitor applied and had been refused, even main applicant application is still in process.

Regards
Amjad leeds

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Passport

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:02 am

ppycrmt wrote:I am applying SET(LR) in 2 weeks time, on the last page of the page, they said they want "photocopies of the same", what does that suppose to mean?

Please advise further.
give the photo copies of all visas, front and back of passports, and any other pages u think are relevant. If you have a travel Document...submit photocopies of it

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: dependent and child

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am

manwar wrote:HI,
I have applied for ILR on SET O form in april 2013 and still waiting.

My wife is student dependent and visa runs out next month 10th. and we have a new born daughter who is without passport.

as the forms are changed in april. which form do i need to fill for them? does my wife need english language?
Not sure about the baby.. I think you don't need to apply for visa... I think (really meant I think)... the baby is off the immigration control for a while..

Your wife needs a English language test... if she has a degree from here or if she falls under any other exceptions she can be exempted...
But if not Trinity College Examination is the easiest... book an exam and anyone who speaks the basic English will pass the exam..

I think you still have to apply on FLR(M) for extension...and also I think You need to hurry up because u don't want to be late on posting her application...

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

During judicial review 3C or 3D

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 am

Hi everyone

I have question, during judicial review 3C or 3D apply or not. If court not give you right of appeal and you lodge judicial review and at end HO take the case back and give you leave during this period 3C or 3D apply or not

Your views and comments will be really appreciate

Regards
amjad

Bhupal

Post by Bhupal » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes,I have send my Life in UK certificate as well.
rmkirfan wrote:
Bhupal wrote:Thanks ppyrmt...I send my two old and new passport,SetLR form,1051 Postal order,and covering letter
ppycrmt wrote:What docs did you send?
Bhupal wrote:congrats to all ILR received this week.....I am also waiting,but I gave twice a times of Biometric coz HO said they have not received my first one....shock....my Time line are:

10/05/13: SET(LR) form send
17/05/13:Ack received
29/05/13:First Finger print
28/06/13Second Finger print
BRP and passport still waiting

Guys pls pray for me....I will also pray for you all for your ILR

Just wondering,Did you submit Life in UK?

Bhupal

Re: FLR O application refused

Post by Bhupal » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:11 pm

God bless you and your family...Our pray for you buddy...

My family visa refused on FLRO simply reason don't have family life in this country even living here 8 and half years, son is studying eight and half years, daughter born here and now she is eight year old, two kids death in this country, youngest only 10 month old has a serious health problem, case worker not bother to look proper laws, straight refusal with right of appeal.
I have lodge appeal please guys I need your prayers.
My own application is still in process from Oct, I have just called today to check status of application, lady told me we are considering Oct application, your in a considerations.
Nearly 12 years in this country, regular study up to 8 years, 4 years part time, doing teaching job last three years, Qualified teacher from UK, but thing going still against me.
Guys please pray for me.
Please share your experience and information regarding child in UK 7 years more for FLRO rule, under which my solicitor applied and had been refused, even main applicant application is still in process.

Regards
Amjad leeds

rajiv.80
Newly Registered

Post by rajiv.80 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:44 pm

God bless you and your family brother Amjad. Just be strong. Your case is a strong one it was just seen by a stupid case worker whi just want to refuse cases without proper reason. Our prayer is with you.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:17 pm

rajiv.80 wrote:God bless you and your family brother Amjad. Just be strong. Your case is a strong one it was just seen by a stupid case worker whi just want to refuse cases without proper reason. Our prayer is with you.
Thanks Rajiv

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: During judicial review 3C or 3D

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 am

I have question, during judicial review 3C or 3D apply or not. If court not give you right of appeal and you lodge judicial review and at end HO take the case back and give you leave during this period 3C or 3D apply or not

Your views and comments will be really appreciate

Regards
amjad
Reading VOLO process might help you understand Section 3C.
SECTIONS 3C AND 3D OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 @Page 3 wrote:Applications lodged during leave under sections 3C and 3D
While either section 3C or 3D leave is in force, the applicant is not entitled to make any more applications for variation of leave to enter or remain. So even someone who marries after making an application to remain as a student cannot, while they have leave under section 3C, make a fresh application on the basis of the marriage. On the other hand, it is possible to vary the grounds of an application already made, even by introducing something completely new. A student application can be varied so as to include marriage grounds. If an application is varied before a decision is made, the applicant will be required to complete the necessary prescribed form to vary his application. If an application is varied post decision, it would be open to the applicant to submit further grounds to be considered at appeal. As a result, there may be little difference in practice between a fresh application and a request to vary an existing application. The distinction is made to ensure that all a person's grounds for wishing to remain in the UK result in one decision and thus one appeal. This 'one-stop ' principle - one application, one decision, one appeal - is essential to the
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

pilotrr786
Newly Registered

Post by pilotrr786 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:19 am

Hi Guys,
I have just received my ILR on 10 year basis preiously Tier1 General. Guys, can someone tell me how much time I have to apply for my wife as she is on Tier1General Dependent and her current visa (Tier1General Dependent) is till March 2014 ? Which form I need to fill in?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 am

pilotrr786 wrote:Hi Guys,
I have just received my ILR on 10 year basis preiously Tier1 General. Guys, can someone tell me how much time I have to apply for my wife as she is on Tier1General Dependent and her current visa (Tier1General Dependent) is till March 2014 ? Which form I need to fill in?
Depends, how long she's been in this country for?
If she's been in this country for more than two years on T1 G Dep then she can switch to FLR(M) and then make a SET(M) Application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ppycrmt

SET(LR)

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Regarding SET(LR), section D on Absences, obviously over the 10 years it is difficult to record all my travel activities, will it be ok to estimate?

TheGreenTea

Re: SET(LR)

Post by TheGreenTea » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:11 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Regarding SET(LR), section D on Absences, obviously over the 10 years it is difficult to record all my travel activities, will it be ok to estimate?
No, it is not ok.
UKBA officer will have to go through all your stamps (in and out) to calculate exactly how many days you were out of the UK over 10 years. If the stamps are not clear, you are advised to supply additional docs (e.g. return tickets).
I also suggest adding an excel spreadsheet which states clearly which dates you were out of the country and the running total. I suggest also including the column for the visa duration, this way it will be also clear that you didn't (or did) overstay in the country.

Saying that, you can of course leave the officer to go painfully through all your passports and hope that they don't miss stamps whilst calculating.