ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Agreement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ajay Kumar Singh

Tenancy Agreement

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:14 pm

What i got from owner is sheets of paper signed by him and myself. It is called a private Tenancy Agreement (AST). And what could be the proof of address is the one which is issued by a Local Council/ Govt. Authority. Can any one explain what is that and how to get that and whether my current Tenancy agreement is valid legally or not.

Regards
Ajay

tgs

Post by tgs » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:46 pm

Well the landlord will inform the local council that you moved into the premises. The local council will send you a bill for council tax. You can use that as proof of adress.

Did you pay the lardlord a deposit and some rent (3 months ?). He should give you bill (or statement) or receipt. You can use the statement as a proof of adress. If you name and adress appears on the Tenancy agreement that will also do as proof of adress.

I got myself a sterling bank account before I left South Africa. I also asked my bankers in South African to provide me with a Banker's letter stating that I never been overdrawn, never had bounced cheques on my accounts.

bashir2003
Newly Registered

Post by bashir2003 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:54 pm

Ajay, called the BT guys on free number and inform them of your new residence, they will immediately give you tel connection, ask them to send instant bill for the installation charges etc.

the tel bill will be good proof for you , usually the banks takes into consideration tel bill,however they might make fuss stating it is new,, but it does work sometime.

Try it,
last but not the least, BT have no big fuss in giving you landline..
Regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:08 pm

also note there are other companies that offer phone lines. eg ntl, tele2 it might be worth your while to shop around. the requirements might be the same but you never know they just might overlook a thing or two

dokwal
BANNED

DVLA

Post by dokwal » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:14 pm

Better apply driving licence and open bank ac. of respective country bank in uk

easy way to open bank a/c ,

no previous job required for NI nos

Driving and BED (Ba EDUCATION ) , Qualified social worker , nurses r in great demand

rgds

Sampan
Newly Registered

Post by Sampan » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:15 pm

Dear Ajay !

Just want to know have both you and your spouse singed in the tenancy agreement or only you ? Will it be better to sign both or single in the tenancy agreement ?

Thank you.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:30 am

Sampan,

I would recommend both you and your spouse on the tenancy agreement. This has its benefits in the long term.

For example, if you want a joint bank account you will need proof of marriage and local addresses. You can also do this for utility bills. Also concil tax bills will come in the name of the person(s) on the tenancy agreement.

If you plan to be in this country for a long time, two things to get you started on your credit rating would be
a) council bills b) register on the electoral rolls.

Sampan
Newly Registered

Post by Sampan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:06 pm

mwazir

Thank you.