ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA spouse of EEA national. AN form.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak000

Non-EEA spouse of EEA national. AN form.

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:20 am

Hi, everybody. I have browsed the British Citizenship section of this forum for a while but still would like to receive a confirmation that I am right in my assumptions. My friend is a non-EEA spouse of EEA national for nearly 6 years (since 2007). She received her PR recently (though it was not necessary) and soon she will be eligible to apply for BC on the grounds of being a spouse of EEA national (who exercising treaty rights as self employed in construction) for 6 years. I assume that:
1. She can send exactly the same documents (dated 2007-2012) she sent for PR a year ago – she does not need to prove that her EEA spouse still exercising treaty rights.
2. As to sections 2.4-2.6, she needs to input not her own, but her EEA spouse’s data even though in the AN form it says “Please state on what basis you were in the United Kingdom for the last six years”.
3. In the section 2.4. “Please provide details of employment, self employment, school or college” she has to write “Building and Construction industry, job title (carpenter, painter etc)”.
4. In the section 2.5. in “Name and address of employer or place of study” she has to write her EEA spouse’s name and address. In “Type of business if self-employed” she has to write “building and construction”. In “Job title if employed” she has to write his job title – I am not sure about this as it says “if employed”.
5. To make a payment she has to fill and send this payment slip http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ntslip.pdf together with AN Form to UKBA. Can she pay by credit card? It is not mentioned in the payment slip. Or should she phone to the UKBA and ask?
Advise would be appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 am

Yes to all.

Last time I checked Visa and MasterCard were credit card companies and both of them are on the payment form.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:09 pm

:D Thanks, Jambo. I never had Mastercard and I think Visa can be debit card as well, though I do not know about this much. Thanks for clarifying for me. In the section 2.5. in “Job title if employed” has she to write his job title – I am not sure about this as it says “if employed” and he is self employed? Probably Yes as you said "Yes to all"... Under "employed" they probably mean that he is working at the moment and not his employment status...

walidukdz

Post by walidukdz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:51 pm

I personally think this section is unnecessary if she had applied for PR and received it. my case is similar i was gonna leave it blank as my eea wife already hold PR for over 1 year . I hold PR sticker for less than a year but have been in UK for 6 years I am just gonna add on page 13 that my spouse already hold PR for over 1 year.
EEA3 & EEA4 sent 26 June 2012
Received by HO 27 June 2012
COA for EEA4 application received 19 July 2012 (dated 13 July 2012)
PR for EEA3 received 26 July2012 (dated 13 July 2012)
PR for EEA4 received 1st november 2012 (dated 29 October 2012