ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA cannot find Applicant's documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUspouse82

UKBA cannot find Applicant's documents

Post by EUspouse82 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi people,

I am wondering what happens when the UKBA looses important documents like passports and marriage certificates etc:

An application for PR was made in January 2013 and the applicant did not get any decision, when she called the office she was told that the UKBA will call her. She indeed got a call and they explained that they are still trying to find all the documents and they said that they think it is lost but they are still trying to locate it.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar situation, what happens? What sort of compensation can be asked for because the marriage cert cannot be replaced

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 pm

This is an interesting question. I imagine any costs associated with recovery or replacement of mislaid / lost documentation would be recoverable.

waterdweller
Newly Registered

Post by waterdweller » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:07 pm

I am in a similar situation. My EEA sponsor's passport has been lost by the UKBA but they aren't giving us any answers as to what that means for my application or what they are going to do to find it/replace it. Any suggestions?

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 pm

i am in same situation, i applied for eea family permit from saudi. got my visa in 10 days with only passport and application form in the envelope. After making complain I filled the return request of original document from VFS and send them 3 times. After numerous visit to VFS I was told that original marriage certificate was not found in the file. what next.. i am lost now.. i was planning to leave for uk in July but without marriage certificate success for eea2 will be doubtful .

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 pm

You should request compensation for the complete cost of replacing the lost documents. Keep records of who you spoke with (names!) and when.