ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA3 confusion

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 am

Hi

I would like to apply for a document certifying permanent residence. I live with my parents in the UK since July 2006 (16 at the time) and then I study since September 2006 till present (now I'm 23). My parents are here too and both of them are employed since 2005. I worked as well but only temporarily during summer time.

How do I go about proving exercising of treaty rights? Can one of my parents or even both support my application as immediate relatives who exercised treaty rights as workers?

If I will want to give a proof as a student then I will struggle with CSI... I have EHIC from my original EEA country but it doesn't cover the whole period. Subsequent EHIC cards are from the UK.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Don't apply on your own right. Apply as a family member of one of your (working) parents. They don't need to apply for PR if they don't wish to but you will need their ID and 5 60's / letter from employer as evidence. You will also need a birth certificate (to show your link to them) and your passport/ID.
It would be better to use the years 2006-2011 as evidence as you were under 21.

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks a lot. This is a kind of clarification which I needed.

Do I need to fill in Section 2? It will be only me applying and a one working parent who exercised treaty rights between 2006 and 2011.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm

So
Section 1 - you.
Section 2 - empty
Section 3- one of your parents.
Section 4,5,6 - empty.
Section 7 - your parent.
Section 8 - you and your parent
Section 9 - you.

Evidence of work 2006-2011 + evidence they didn't leave the UK for more than 2 years since 2011 (so another P60 or payslip would do that trick as it would show they were in the UK).

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA3 confusion

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Jaeger wrote:Hi

I would like to apply for a document certifying permanent residence. I live with my parents in the UK since July 2006 (16 at the time) and then I study since September 2006 till present (now I'm 23). My parents are here too and both of them are employed since 2005. I worked as well but only temporarily during summer time.

How do I go about proving exercising of treaty rights? Can one of my parents or even both support my application as immediate relatives who exercised treaty rights as workers?

If I will want to give a proof as a student then I will struggle with CSI... I have EHIC from my original EEA country but it doesn't cover the whole period. Subsequent EHIC cards are from the UK.
Similar thread has already been answered short while ago.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#872028
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:18 pm

I have a question regarding section 8. I live in the UK since 14.07.2006 but my father lives since September 2005. Should I include his absences in a period after he came here and before I came? As a place of arrival, will Folkestone be sufficient instead of The Channel Tunnel or Eurotunnel?

Also how to prove dependency on my father when I was 21 in the first five years. So July 2006-July 2011, I was 21 for few months within that period. I can only prove my residence in the UK from 2006 to 2013. I don't know if I have any such specific proof which would serve as a proof of a dependency.

Thanks

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:52 pm

As a proof of continuous residency should I letters from college and university? They are covering a period from September 2006 up to now. I am just worried that they might take it as applying in my own right which I don't want to happen. I filled in the application form as advised, my details in Section 1, parent's details in Section 3 and details of his employment in Section 7. Still trying to figure out whether should I include one absence (2 weeks) of my parent before I came to the UK. All evidence evidence for employment is completed now (all P60s, letters confirming employment, WRS registration card & certificate, also a couple of recent payslips)

I don't really have any utility bills in my name as they all are in my parents' name. Of course I will include a selection (council tax, water bill, tenancy agreement)

The only bill in my name is a mobile contract and I will include a couple of them from the last two or three months. Also I don't get any bank statements in a paper form as I switched to electronic statements in 2010. I don't have any statements from years back. Would it be a good idea to order statements covering the whole period?

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:04 pm

My application was successful :) PR granted in less than a month.

I have one issue... They have returned almost all document with an expection to confirmations of enrolment from college

How should I contact Home Office? I can always go to my former college and ask for it once again, they would print it in on spot but I would rather have an original letter in case when Home Office requests it while applying for naturalisaion.

pm47
Newly Registered

Post by pm47 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:06 pm

hi everyone,

Could anyone tell if UKBA will accept my aplication for Permanent Residence?

i am a A8 citizen and came to the UK in 2004. I started my first job in November 2004 and registered under WRS scheme within a month. I worked for this employer until december 2005, then I started second job in january 2005 and also registered under WRS on time. I worked for this company until march 2010, than started a new job in march 2010 but registered this job with HO in december 2010 ( 8 months late).

I have never applied for EEA1. Could be the late registration with the last employer a reason for rejection of my application?

Regards

Pete

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:16 pm

pm47 wrote:hi everyone,

Could anyone tell if UKBA will accept my aplication for Permanent Residence?

i am a A8 citizen and came to the UK in 2004. I started my first job in November 2004 and registered under WRS scheme within a month. I worked for this employer until december 2005, then I started second job in january 2005 and also registered under WRS on time. I worked for this company until march 2010, than started a new job in march 2010 but registered this job with HO in december 2010 ( 8 months late).

I have never applied for EEA1. Could be the late registration with the last employer a reason for rejection of my application?

Regards

Pete
Once you completed 12 months with one employer ,WRS was not needed any more.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)