ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Tier 1 Dependent

Post by samira_uk » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi,

I have a complex question:

A child born in the UK to Tier 1 migrant. After couple of month he was granted Tier 1 Dependent leave.

Some months later, his parents were granted ILR and now the child is entitled to register as British Citizen. His Tier 1 D leave still valid.

The parents want to travel outside the UK. Now the questions are:
-is Tier 1 Dependent leave still valid as the main applicant now has ILR
-following the above question, if they leave the UK, is child allowed to come back to the UK before registering as British Citizen? The parents assume that as the leave is still inside the validity dates their child will be allowed. But if the leave is not valid anymore, the child may be refused entry or face difficulties.

Thank you in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Why don't they just register the child as British now?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Because it takes couple of month and their travel is urgent.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Has the child got a valid passport?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes he has a Pakistani passport. I just read in MN1 guidance that the form could be sent from outside the UK. Then, I guess they can apply while they are in Pakistan. But I guess also that they should wait until they receive the result.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:08 pm

It would make more sense to apply in the UK now using the Nationality Checking service and then travel. Using the NCS will allow you to retain documents such as the passport.