ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2013 - Naturalisation application timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 am

ukforever wrote:Application Timeline

Eligibility criteria: 2 years spouse of BC+3.5 years settlement.
Method of application: NCS peterborough.
Date of application:15/03/2013(they post Thursdays only,so till the 21st)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22/03/2013
Date of debit of fees:30/03/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:06/04/2013(dated 30/03)
Date of receipt of approval:10/07/2013(dated 01/07/2013)
Date of Ceremony:TBC

finally,my friend received his approval today..he did not believe it when he saw a brown letter coming through his door..lol..after a long wait( since 21/03/2013 ) he received the approval today the 10th dated the 01/07..so one down from the march applications that are still waiting and i hope everyone else would get his by the end of this week.. :lol: 8) :D
and for the ceremony my friend have called the council and they asked him to call back tomorrow to book,as the letter he received was an approval and invitation in the same time..

wah wah congratulations :D :D :D :D :D :D :D the wait is over

ikk1980

Any Updates?

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi,

Any news or update or progress my fellow Marcharians???

ikk1980

Look At This One

Post by ikk1980 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Eligibility criteria: EEA 5 +1 yrs (Didn't apply for PR card)
Method of application: NCS 'Newbury' (excellent service)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/06/2013
Date of debit of fees: 27/06/2013
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: (on the letter 26/06/2013)
Date of receipt of approval: 13/07/2013 (date on letter: 05/07/2013)
Date of Ceremony: 24/07/2013

From acknowledgment (26/06) to approval (05/07) was 8 WORKING DAYS!! I'm so happy and I would have never thought they would approve so fast!

ayesha11

Re: Any Updates?

Post by ayesha11 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 am

ikk1980 wrote:Hi,

Any news or update or progress my fellow Marcharians???
yes ji am still waiting n waitng :x now tdy 15 july n was planning trip to pk but changed all plans now

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Still waiting from 13th March... :(

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:03 am

Application Timeline

Date of Ceremony: 25/07/2013(private)

for the ceremony,the next available date given was mid august,its a bit far for my friend to attend plus he has travel plans,so he booked private for next week.
UK------++++-------****

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:35 am

ukforever wrote:Application Timeline

Date of Ceremony: 25/07/2013(private)

for the ceremony,the next available date given was mid august,its a bit far for my friend to attend plus he has travel plans,so he booked private for next week.
Congrats on the approval, what way the orignal country? Hope rest of the folks waiting for March get their approvals this week... Insha Allah

shuttlespy

Post by shuttlespy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:35 pm

imranb wrote:
sheff wrote:Eligibility: HSMP (2 years)+ Tier1 (3 years)+ ILR (1 year)
applicants: Myself+wife (joint application) and one child
Method of application: NCS Sheffield (fees £150 for 3 of us)
Date of application: 01/03/2013 
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/03/2013( had no tracking...this was advised by council)
Date of acknowledgement :12/03/13 (dated 07/03/13)
Date of debit of fees: 07/03/13 
Date of approval: 02/04/13 ( dated 21/03/2013)
Date of Ceremony: 16/04/2013
Congrats. Another one that seems to have been approved in a month's time. Hope it is as smooth for others as well.
Hello everyone,

Please can someone advise on what supporting documents should I send with application form MN1 under seciton 1(3)?

Also how should I pay the fees, there is no page on form to fill these details?

thanks
So many things to achieve and so little time....

ikk1980

British Citizenship Update

Post by ikk1980 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year
Method Of Application: National Checking Service Manchester (£45.00)
Date Of Application: 13/03/2013
Date Of Receipt By UKBA: 14/03/2013 (Checked Online Royal Mail Tracking)
Date Of Debit Of Fees: 20/03/2013
Date Of Receipt Of Acknowledgement: 27/03/2013 (Letter Dated: 20/03/13)
Date Of Receipt Of Approval: TBC
Date Of Ceremony: TBC

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

I Emailed Home Office On Thursday 18.07.13 Asking Them If They Have Sent Any Further Correspondence After The Acknowledgement.

I Got A Reply From The Home Office This Morning At 09:22 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email Below, I Can Confirm That No Further Letters Have Been Sent Since That You Received On 20th March 2013. Your Address Details Are Held Correctly On Our System.)

Then I Got Another Email From The Home Office At 14:18 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email. I Have Checked Our Records And Can Confirm That A Decision Has Been Made On Your Application. The Decision Letter And Any Supporting Documents Should Be With You Shortly. If You Do Not Receive The Decision By 5th August, Please Contact Us Again.)

Now The Actual Wait & Suspense Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going To Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
Last edited by ikk1980 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

ayesha11

Re: British Citizenship Update

Post by ayesha11 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 pm

ikk1980 wrote:Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year

I Can See That A Majority Of People Who Applied 2nd Week Or 3rd Week Of March 2013 Are Still Waiting For Approval.

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

I Emailed Home Office On Thursday 18.07.13 Asking Them If They Have Sent Any Further Correspondence After The Acknowledgement.

I Got A Reply From The Home Office This Morning At 09:22 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email Below, I Can Confirm That No Further Letters Have Been Sent Since That You Received On 20th March 2013. Your Address Details Are Held Correctly On Our System.)

Then I Got Another Email From The Home Office At 14:18 Hrs Stating The Following (Thank You For Your Email. I Have Checked Our Records And Can Confirm That A Decision Has Been Made On Your Application. The Decision Letter And Any Supporting Documents Should Be With You Shortly. If You Do Not Receive The Decision By 5th August, Please Contact Us Again.)

Now The Wait Actual Suspence Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going The Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
on which email u send them.plzzz tell us .

ikk1980

Re: British Citizenship Update

Post by ikk1980 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:46 am

ayesha11 wrote:
ikk1980 wrote:Eligibility Criteria: Spouse British Citizen 2 Year + ILR 1 Year

Lets Hope For The Best.

Update 22.07.13

Now The Wait Actual Suspence Starts What The Decision Is + When The Post Man Is Going The Bring The Brown Envelope. Will Update As Soon As The Brown Envelope Arrives.
on which email u send them.plzzz tell us .

I sent the email on these 3 following addresses

nationalityprogress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Either you can send the email one by one individually or you can send it on your own email and bcc all 3 emails in one go

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:20 pm

These email addresses are very helpful

Thanks for sharing

I think its approximately taking up to 4 months to get the naturalisation certificate

Cheers

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 am

Hi there,

I applied on the 9th of March (probably the earliest one here! :cry: )... I just wished to confirm which of these 3 email addresses did you receive a reply from?

This is because- the 1st and 2nd addresses have only sent me back automated responses stating I won't receive anything from them.

Appreciate your help....

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Thought_Oasis wrote:Hi there,

I applied on the 9th of March (probably the earliest one here! :cry: )... I just wished to confirm which of these 3 email addresses did you receive a reply from?

This is because- the 1st and 2nd addresses have only sent me back automated responses stating I won't receive anything from them.

Appreciate your help....

Dont worry about the automated reply they will reply back to you in 3 - 6 days time period.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 am

ikk1980 wrote:
Thought_Oasis wrote:Hi there,

Appreciate your help....

Dont worry about the automated reply they will reply back to you in 3 - 6 days time period.
Hi I email them on all these 3's and all i got the same automated response so lets see

bnaresh81
Newly Registered

Post by bnaresh81 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:06 pm

HI All,

I applied on the 5th of March and i sent email to "nationality progress" two days back , today i got email from nationalityprogress saying that

Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm that your application is currently under consideration. No further information has been requested at this time.

Once a decision has been made, or if we require further information from you, we will contact you in writing. If you need to notify us of a change of address, you can do so by completing the following online form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... y-details/

If you would like to request the return of any particular documents, you can do so by submitting the following document return form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

Requesting your documents back will not negatively impact your application, however, we may write to you again at a alter date and ask you to return any documents that have been sent back to you, as we may need to see these again.

Kind regards,

| Customer Service Advisor

racim

Post by racim » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi everyone I email them on first email given
3 days after I got this replay :

I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made yet on your application.

Note that I applied on 28/05/13

Thought_Oasis
Newly Registered

Post by Thought_Oasis » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Guys,

I got the same email as Bnaresh...

Albeit- I got the extra line (as I was quite adamant on why it was taking so much time!).... and they wrote 'I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.'

Well, so much for getting clarity on why this massive delay is occuring (as I thought my application as a spouse was quite simple?). I am speculating the reasons for delay now being:
  • My application is still at the bottom of some list somewhere
  • My application has been looked by an extremely slow caseworker
  • Some details are incorrect- and this would really anger me-because I went through NCS Borough AND why would it take them 5 months to get back to me for a change??
  • Worst Case Scenario: They have lost my application
I might be getting paranoid- but looking at other folks (some July applications coming through??)--- that's just a joke! Really frustrating process and apologies I have to vent it out here on this forum.

Thanks for reading... :(

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Thought_Oasis wrote:Hi Guys,

Albeit- I got the extra line (as I was quite adamant on why it was taking so much time!).... and they wrote 'I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.'

Well, so much for getting clarity on why this massive delay is occuring (as I thought my application as a spouse was quite simple?). I am speculating the reasons for delay now being:
  • Some details are incorrect- and this would really anger me-because I went through NCS Borough AND why would it take them 5 months to get back to me for a change??
I might be getting paranoid- but looking at other folks (some July applications coming through??)--- that's just a joke! Really frustrating process and apologies I have to vent it out here on this forum.

and the same replay frm ukba to me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dear Ayesha

I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made yet on your application and no further documentation has yet been sent out.

We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months however there will always be a small percentage of applications that take longer than this to be resolved.

I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.

When the decision is made, or if we require further information from you, we will contact you in writing, for this reason please make sure you notify us promptly if you change your address. Your address can be updated here:

If you require any documents back, these can be requested here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/. Requesting documents will not negatively impact on the application.

racim

Post by racim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:20 pm

ayesha11 wrote:

Dear Ayesha

I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made yet on your application and no further documentation has yet been sent out.

We aim to process 95% of applications within 6 months however there will always be a small percentage of applications that take longer than this to be resolved.

I cannot give a date by which this application will be resolved, nor can I provide details of the reason(s) why the case is taking this long.

When the decision is made, or if we require further information from you, we will contact you in writing, for this reason please make sure you notify us promptly if you change your address. Your address can be updated here:

If you require any documents back, these can be requested here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/. Requesting documents will not negatively impact on the application.
exactly the same email i received !! i am wondering wot means when they say is still under consideration !! and when they say no decision has yet been made yet !!
any idea ppl ?!!?!

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:53 pm

racim wrote:
ayesha11 wrote:

Dear Ayesha

exactly the same email i received !! i am wondering wot means when they say is still under consideration !! and when they say no decision has yet been made yet !!
any idea ppl ?!!?!
Because your application is under consideration and no decision has yet been made

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 pm

sooo any update :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: now i am mentally preparing myself dat after i after 6 month i hav to ask mp.so planning wat would write him ,.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:25 am

Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...
Has any one of you heard the same thing???

ikk1980

Post by ikk1980 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:48 am

ikk1980 wrote:Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in the past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...

Found these 2 topics on sky news web page #

March 2013

http://news.sky.com/story/1069954/uk-bo ... ce-control

&

July 2013

http://news.sky.com/story/1115200/uk-im ... years-long

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 pm

ikk1980 wrote:Hi All,

Im not sure how much this is true but there is a rumour going on that the HO IT / Printing equipment has got a major fault in it thats the reason no one has received any approval letters or acknowledgement letters in rhe past 10 days... I called the NCS office I applied from and the lady also told me that they have not received any citizenship certificates for the past 2 weeks as HO has some internal technical issues...
That's not true... looking at the posts we can clearly see there have been acknowledgement letters dated this week...