ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate Tier 1 General Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jacob79
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate Tier 1 General Dependent

Post by jacob79 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:25 am

Hi All,

Could anybody please help me with the situation. I am about to apply for my wife's dependent visa next week. The main concern is regarding the marriage certificate format. I have got the marriage certificate from the local registrar but it does not have the photographs of the bride or the bridegroom. It is necessary? I have heard from few friends that the marriage certificate issued by the local panchayat or muncipal authority is in a prescribed format and it does have the phtographs also and this is the format accepted by the ECO. Is this true? Does the format of the marriage certificate matter? Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks.
Jacob

spssbkp
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Certificate Tier 1 General Dependent

Post by spssbkp » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 pm

jacob79 wrote:Hi All,

Could anybody please help me with the situation. I am about to apply for my wife's dependent visa next week. The main concern is regarding the marriage certificate format. I have got the marriage certificate from the local registrar but it does not have the photographs of the bride or the bridegroom. It is necessary? I have heard from few friends that the marriage certificate issued by the local panchayat or muncipal authority is in a prescribed format and it does have the phtographs also and this is the format accepted by the ECO. Is this true? Does the format of the marriage certificate matter? Any advice would be of great help.

Thanks.
Jacob
you do not need photographs on the marriage certificate. Ours didnt and it was accepted. It however must be authentic (verifiable) [our certificate had a Govt holographic sticker on it] Also it is a good idea to include your name as spouse in your wife's passport which will double confirm the marriage to the British high commision. There is a tatkal service for inclusion of spouse name. Go to the Passport seva kendra and talk to the Passport officer (they are quite approachable now-a-days) and tell the situation. This hopefully will not take anywhere more than 2 weeks max (including postal delay back).

senior members ... cansomeone comment on this please ?
thanks

jacob79
Newly Registered

Post by jacob79 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Seniors..Please help..