ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:43 am

@dav

Big congrats to you and hope you enjoy your freedom you well deserve it :) well happy for you.

@astro

Calm down pal the only think you should be getting ready to do it see your leave to remain n rejoice hahaha they have granted you :) the lady on phone will simply tell you application has been decided and you will receive a (LETTER to that effect but she used the word PACKAGE) indicating all your documents been sent back to you so don't worry am sure your sorted now hehe we got almost same timescale did biometric in august so hopefully I hear something this week or next.

Hello friend hope you all are ready for your good news :) more good news this week to you all I pray AMEN.

Cheers

davdav
Newly Registered

Post by davdav » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 am

This is my time lines.
Appl.sent-25/04/2012
Appl.recd-26/04/2012
Acklw.recd/12/05/2012
Bio.recd-19/05/2012
Bio.done-21/05/2012
Cont.mp.dec.
Mp.reply.jan.-tht ukba saya it nt yet complete.
Letter from ukba for more prove-05/07/2013
Sent.prove-08/07/2013
Solicitor called-16/07/2013.Granted 3years!!!!.
Waited for nearly 15months.
I which everybody good news in jesus name(Amen).

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 am

dapsonlee wrote:
davdav wrote:Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.
Congratulations davdav. I smile and rejoice with you, this is the first of many... I guess we are all next in Jesus Name. Welcome to the promise land. :)

@ davdav Congrat bro, make sure u enjoy urself, @ dapsonlee, he was given 3 years because he submitted before the change of law in July 2012, so he qualified under the old rules..Hope everyone is having a great summer, well weather wise, we'll soon be smiling and not worrying about UKBA or what ever they are called these days.

Letsee
BANNED

Post by Letsee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:07 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:@letsee thanks. Sometimes I feel I did a big mistake, I should apply under 14 years rules, doesn't matter clock stopped, probably have a chance of getting descretiong rather than getting ILR. Well its passed anyway. Lets hope for good. @letsee so you came in uk as a child. Good luck, all the best you will get a stay soon.
Thank you shareen24h for your welcome.

I feel the same at times. But i don't want to dwell on it, it can depress and destroy you. The thought of waiting for 25 years to have get ILR plus delays in renewal probably will come to 30 years is total and this is not pleasant thought. I have toyed with idea of sending another application for ILR on the same grounds as i have applied for FLR O, only ticking the box of other reasons/purposes not covered by other categories on SET O form. After all other purposes is created for this other purposes.

What do you thinks guys is it wise? Or will it waste of money and 100% be refused?

papamomo
Newly Registered

Post by papamomo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am

davdav wrote:This is my time lines.
Appl.sent-25/04/2012
Appl.recd-26/04/2012
Acklw.recd/12/05/2012
Bio.recd-19/05/2012
Bio.done-21/05/2012
Cont.mp.dec.
Mp.reply.jan.-tht ukba saya it nt yet complete.
Letter from ukba for more prove-05/07/2013
Sent.prove-08/07/2013
Solicitor called-16/07/2013.Granted 3years!!!!.
Waited for nearly 15months.
I which everybody good news in jesus name(Amen).

Congrats Davdav.. You have been very patient indeed... For all those of you still waiting to hear .. May you get granted soon..

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:47 am

Letsee wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:@letsee thanks. Sometimes I feel I did a big mistake, I should apply under 14 years rules, doesn't matter clock stopped, probably have a chance of getting descretiong rather than getting ILR. Well its passed anyway. Lets hope for good. @letsee so you came in uk as a child. Good luck, all the best you will get a stay soon.

I feel the same at times. But i don't want to dwell on it, it can depress and destroy you. The thought of waiting for 25 years to have get ILR plus delays in renewal probably will come to 30 years is total and this is not pleasant thought. I have toyed with idea of sending another application for ILR on the same grounds as i have applied for FLR O, only ticking the box of other reasons/purposes not covered by other categories on SET O form. After all other purposes is created for this other purposes.

What do you thinks guys is it wise? Or will it waste of money and 100% be refused?
It depends on your status before application was made, if you overstayed then applied then FLR (O) would be your route. ILR is on the ground of status holders i.e. (Tier) visa holders, 20 year route and so on. (my opinion) is you should wait on the outcome of the application made. Cos multiple application only slows down the your application a lot further.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:07 am

Homeoffice is currentlyprocessing flr o applications that was made between july2012 to march 2013.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 am

sanny26 wrote:Homeoffice is currentlyprocessing flr o applications that was made between july2012 to march 2013.
I got the same response this morning when I called them. And I think you should just let them conclude on your application @Sanny26 cos asking the man this morning indirectly, he said asking for a document back could lead to them withdrawing the case as whole, which means a new application will be mad if the return you kids documents. On the other note the dude maybe wrong. We are a lot close today than we were yesterday.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:27 am

Chidy wrote:
ale001 wrote:This coming Friday will be exactly ONE YEAR i did my Biometric. Still waiting and waiting. I've only been told by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

I spoke to my solicitor on phone now, and he was challenging me why should i made complain to the UKBA that my application is taking long. because i've waited over a year now.

I honestly contacted UKBA when my solicitor refused to update me whats going on and why my application is not yet decided, and so i made the complain to the UKBA through email and letter my self, and the UKBA replied to me that they apologized for the delay in considering my application and they said they can confirm that my application is now under active consideration, and that they can also assure me that all my documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

NOW, MY SOLICITOR IS GETTING MAD AT ME FOR MAKING A COMPLAIN AND MADE ME FEEL AS IF IT WILL AFFECT MY APPLICATION.

What do you think guys?
I think you should not mind him. He is upset because you did the job he is supposed to do. They (some Solicitors) are part of our problem. Instead of helping us to fight our cause, they play game with us and we pay them huge amount, they end up doing nothing.
Thanks Chidy, God bless. I thought as much...
Ale001

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:27 am

Time503 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
ale001 wrote:This coming Friday will be exactly ONE YEAR i did my Biometric. Still waiting and waiting. I've only been told by the UKBA that my application is under active consideration.

I spoke to my solicitor on phone now, and he was challenging me why should i made complain to the UKBA that my application is taking long. because i've waited over a year now.

I honestly contacted UKBA when my solicitor refused to update me whats going on and why my application is not yet decided, and so i made the complain to the UKBA through email and letter my self, and the UKBA replied to me that they apologized for the delay in considering my application and they said they can confirm that my application is now under active consideration, and that they can also assure me that all my documentation and representations will be carefully considered before any decision is taken.

NOW, MY SOLICITOR IS GETTING MAD AT ME FOR MAKING A COMPLAIN AND MADE ME FEEL AS IF IT WILL AFFECT MY APPLICATION.

What do you think guys?
Hello pal.don't mind your solicitor,you have taken the right step by contacting home office yrself.my solicitor acted the same way when i wrote a letter to the first tier tribunal myself to expedite my appeal hearing date.Luckily for me,the date was eventually changed from july 31st to may 5th and i end up winning my appeal.to my surprise,my solicitor was the first person to call and rejoice with me .i pray at these moment that yr solicitor shall rejoice with you very soon.Ameen
@Ale001
Don't let your solicitor discourage or put doubt in your mind about the outcome of your application.
He is not your God and can not categorically say what the outcome will be!!!
We have people on this forum who wrote letters of complaints to the UKBA of which I'm one of them and we got positive results!! Why should yours be any different!
Refuse his report and drown his voice with the words of encouragements from this forum.
Very soon we will rejoice with you!!!!
Thanks Time503, this is exactly what my friends told me yesterday.
Ale001

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:30 am

sanny26 wrote:Homeoffice is currentlyprocessing flr o applications that was made between july2012 to march 2013.
Hi sanny26

How did you find out that Homeoffice is currentlyprocessing flr o applications that was made between july2012 to march 2013.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:32 am

yahwadud wrote:

What do you think guys?
Hello pal.don't mind your solicitor,you have taken the right step by contacting home office yrself.my solicitor acted the same way when i wrote a letter to the first tier tribunal myself to expedite my appeal hearing date.Luckily for me,the date was eventually changed from july 31st to may 5th and i end up winning my appeal.to my surprise,my solicitor was the first person to call and rejoice with me .i pray at these moment that yr solicitor shall rejoice with you very soon.Ameen
Thanks yahwadud, you right. Just exactly the same response i got from different people. I will keep the faith and never believe in his negative indirectly. i knew he's getting jealous because i contacted them on my own they replied me with an apology and that they're working on my application. So that means it would have been a plus for him to charge me more. for doing that. Thanks
Ale001

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:44 pm

@davdav, congratulations, Enjoy a VSF (visa strss free) summer :D

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:44 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
I got the same response this morning when I called them. And I think you should just let them conclude on your application @Sanny26 cos asking the man this morning indirectly, he said asking for a document back could lead to them withdrawing the case as whole, which means a new application will be mad if the return you kids documents. On the other note the dude maybe wrong. We are a lot close today than we were yesterday.
My daughters are not on my application so therefore I can request their passport if homeoffice as it for a great amount of time. I didn't request my documents. When I rang the guy on the phone states that a decision hasn't made yet and they are processing applications that was made between july last year and march this year so mines probably in that batch.. I meant to be travelling today so its like I loose out on my ticket smh. He was saying something about because there was large volume of application they r prioritise some application and then my credit finish so I didn't hear everyting he was saying.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the email of Sarah Rapson? please.

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:59 pm

sanny26 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get the email of Sarah Rapson? please.
Sanny dear, I dont know but something tells me you are really close now. Just exercise a little bit more patience. Seriously, I know its hard but please just a little bit more.Even if it means till the end of July, its not such a long time now compared to how long you have been waiting, please my dear, spend this period praying for your case worker,even ask God to bless him or her and give him or her peace and clarity of mind.

My dear, the lord will favour you,amen.

Big congrats to everyone who has also been granted, DavDav....waoh you are the latest winner in town, congrats to you. You will also join us all to celebrate very soon. Your patience has been rewarded,God bless you.

All10, Please dont mind that your solicitor! So it is ok for him to be charging you just to write complaint letter but then you take the bull by the horns and it becomes a crime! Abeg, you are on course, you are not the first and will not be the last to contact UKBA directly, millions of people do and that does not impact outcomes of their application.

Your solicitor can be as powerful as power itself but I tell you what only God has the final say in your life and application, rejoice for your are a winner already. Good luck

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Letsee wrote:

You can try your luck! Rationally, If you are married to a british citizen, you can spend 5 years on visa (FLRO) and then applied for ILR on SET(O). Alternatively, wait for the 20th anniversary of your entry in UK and send an application for ILR on SET(O). For the latter, you do not need to be married to a british citizen.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:35 pm

sanny26 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
My daughters are not on my application so therefore I can request their passport if homeoffice as it for a great amount of time. I didn't request my documents. When I rang the guy on the phone states that a decision hasn't made yet and they are processing applications that was made between july last year and march this year so mines probably in that batch.. I meant to be travelling today so its like I loose out on my ticket smh. He was saying something about because there was large volume of application they r prioritise some application and then my credit finish so I didn't hear everyting he was saying.
Well, we know they copy and paste letters but now I believe they copy and paste telephone receptionists too cos that was exactly what was said when I called them saying they are dealing extensively with applications from July 2012 to march 2013. Like @mummytwo said, you are a lot closer to your victory you waited all this while, a few hours would not hurt. I have waited 11years before I could even put in any application, so pls together in prayer with faith I believe with faith, before the end of this month, we will come out victorious. So just exercise a lil patience. May the good lord strengthen our faith and spirit at this time :)

tonydee
Newly Registered

Post by tonydee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi guys I called the UKBA this morning about my application and they told me that a package was sent to me on July 11th however i never received it. i was also told that it was returned to them today July 17th and that they have sent it out again today. Does this mean my application has been refused? The reason I am worried is because other ppl on this forum seem to get the BRP a few days before or after they get their documents back. But in my case I haven't received any BRP and if my documents were sent to me on July 11th and let's say my application was approved, should I not have at least received the BRP by now? The fact that I haven't received a BRP after 6 days of being sent my documents makes me start thinking my application was refused. Has anyone had a similar experience? Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Well, we know they copy and paste letters but now I believe they copy and paste telephone receptionists too cos that was exactly what was said when I called them saying they are dealing extensively with applications from July 2012 to march 2013. Like @mummytwo said, you are a lot closer to your victory you waited all this while, a few hours would not hurt. I have waited 11years before I could even put in any application, so pls together in prayer with faith I believe with faith, before the end of this month, we will come out victorious. So just exercise a lil patience. May the good lord strengthen our faith and spirit at this time :)

Yh your right prayer is the key.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 pm

bad news guys. my sister flr (O) has been refused :/ the mp rang them and they told the decision to the mp and said the paper have been sent back to us . i cant belive it. she is british born lived her all her life except the 2/3 years of her life. and she has been refused :|

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 pm

bishop007 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
davdav wrote:Good news everybody in this forum!!! I called my lawyer nt quite long to ask him how long it will takes b4 decision from ukba.and u dont need it that,i just want to call u that u hve been granted.i shouted......3years resident permit.so quick,they request for prove which i sent last week Monday.less than 7days..... I pray to God we served that b4 this summer ends,we all recieved good news.in Jesus Name(Amen).Thank u everybody for ur kind of encouragement and advised.
Congratulations davdav. I smile and rejoice with you, this is the first of many... I guess we are all next in Jesus Name. Welcome to the promise land. :)

@ davdav Congrat bro, make sure u enjoy urself, @ dapsonlee, he was given 3 years because he submitted before the change of law in July 2012, so he qualified under the old rules..Hope everyone is having a great summer, well weather wise, we'll soon be smiling and not worrying about UKBA or what ever they are called these days.
Davdav is just one of the lucky one.3 yrs discretion leave has not been issued to so many applicant that submitted prior to July 2012.i pray it continues these way for all you still waiting for decision.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 pm

mummytwo wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get the email of Sarah Rapson? please.
Sanny dear, I dont know but something tells me you are really close now. Just exercise a little bit more patience. Seriously, I know its hard but please just a little bit more.Even if it means till the end of July, its not such a long time now compared to how long you have been waiting, please my dear, spend this period praying for your case worker,even ask God to bless him or her and give him or her peace and clarity of mind.

My dear, the lord will favour you,amen.

Big congrats to everyone who has also been granted, DavDav....waoh you are the latest winner in town, congrats to you. You will also join us all to celebrate very soon. Your patience has been rewarded,God bless you.

All10, Please dont mind that your solicitor! So it is ok for him to be charging you just to write complaint letter but then you take the bull by the horns and it becomes a crime! Abeg, you are on course, you are not the first and will not be the last to contact UKBA directly, millions of people do and that does not impact outcomes of their application.

Your solicitor can be as powerful as power itself but I tell you what only God has the final say in your life and application, rejoice for your are a winner already. Good luck

Thanx for your encouragement hun.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:33 pm

ali90 wrote:bad news guys. my sister flr (O) has been refused :/ the mp rang them and they told the decision to the mp and said the paper have been sent back to us . i cant belive it. she is british born lived her all her life except the 2/3 years of her life. and she has been refused :|
.wow.am sorry for the bad news.am sure she will eventually be granted.i hope she was giving a right of appeal ?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

yahwadud wrote:
ali90 wrote:bad news guys. my sister flr (O) has been refused :/ the mp rang them and they told the decision to the mp and said the paper have been sent back to us . i cant belive it. she is british born lived her all her life except the 2/3 years of her life. and she has been refused :|
.wow.am sorry for the bad news.am sure she will eventually be granted.i hope she was giving a right of appeal ?
i dont know yet we stil havent got the reasons yet only found out the decision on the phone. even if they dont give the right of appeal the lawyer will make an appeal. because its just stupid to refuse a person who is under 25 and born in this country. and have spent majority of the life here. seems like the heat is getting to the ukbas head