ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick questions

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colekata
Newly Registered

Quick questions

Post by colekata » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 pm

01. If I claim tax refund then is it likely that my future visa application could be denied/refused?

02. I didn't work in this current financial year (2013-2014). Am I entitled to apply for previous year's income tax return?

Many thanks for your help!!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Income tax is paid on a yearly basis. A tax refund is nothing to do with public funds. If you paid too much tax in a previous tax year you may be eligible for a refund. However, just because you did not work in this tax year doesn't mean you're entitled to a refund for a previous year. Contact the HMRC for further details.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

colekata
Newly Registered

Post by colekata » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks D4109125, does that mean there wouldn't be an issue if I plan to come back to the UK on another visa this year?

Consulate in India create lame excuses to refuse a visa, so I'm a bit worried.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:09 am

If you've paid too much tax and are entitled to a refund they can't hold that against you. If you are trying to evade paying tax, that's a different story as indicates tax fraud. I'd not worry unnecessarily.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.