ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply For PR 6Month Before My Stamp4EUFam Expired?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MakingProgress
Newly Registered

Can I Apply For PR 6Month Before My Stamp4EUFam Expired?

Post by MakingProgress » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi Guys, I need an advise. I am currently holding Stamp4EUFam, which will expired June next year, making it 5 year Legal stay in Ireland. The problem though is that, i will be one week short of my full 5 years. I was issued with Stamp4Eufam by the GARDA in my community on the 02/July/09.Expire Date on my GINB and Passport is 23/June/14.

According to Time Tracker on INIS website if i backdate 09 to 08 for example, i will be one week short of my full 5years for Naturalisation Application.

Can i apply 6MONTH before my Eufam Expired, that way i can expect the decision early before the current one expired?

Thank you all.

paddy12
Newly Registered

Re: Can I Apply For PR 6Month Before My Stamp4EUFam Expired?

Post by paddy12 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:13 pm

you should apply 6 months before it expire, and INIS website also tells this to apply 6 month before it expire goodluck

MakingProgress wrote:Hi Guys, I need an advise. I am currently holding Stamp4EUFam, which will expired June next year, making it 5 year Legal stay in Ireland. The problem though is that, i will be one week short of my full 5 years. I was issued with Stamp4Eufam by the GARDA in my community on the 02/July/09.Expire Date on my GINB and Passport is 23/June/14.

According to Time Tracker on INIS website if i backdate 09 to 08 for example, i will be one week short of my full 5years for Naturalisation Application.

Can i apply 6MONTH before my Eufam Expired, that way i can expect the decision early before the current one expired?

Thank you all.

sonia167
Newly Registered

Post by sonia167 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Hello i want to add something on this ... Did u got 6 months Visa ? if u got 6 months visa and then the 5 years visa then i think u will be entitled for Naturalization application 5 months before your GNIB card is expiring , so in that case you can apply your Naturalisation file also ... Because of Sulaimon vs Minister for Justice Equality and Law Reform won the case on 12 December 2012 ....
So your time starts when your first letter is been issuded by Eu Treaty Rights and the date written on that is ur starting date , not the dates they stamp at GNIB Office i will copy//paste the Link below the new law have a read u will know the whole story ...

http://www.pila.ie/bulletin/january-201 ... ity-and-l/