ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Variation of Leave to remain

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrashid02139

Variation of Leave to remain

Post by mrashid02139 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi,
I have applied for Tier-4 visa extension on 1st May 2013 to the UKBA (my visa was valid till 2nd May 2013), and I am currently continuing my study in Postgraduate Diploma program in Management (level-7) at a HTS college. I started my current course in April 2013. However, I have decided to change my course in a university in London (course in the university is going to start from 25 June 2013) and I have already got CAS letter from the university. I have not received any decision from the UKBA yet. Is there any way I can apply for Variation Leave to Remain? If it is yes, what is the procedure (i.e. is there any separate application form or I need to enclose a forwarding letter)?
I desperately need your help, if you have faced the same situation or have a clear idea on what I should do.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Variation of Leave to remain

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Hi,
I have applied for Tier-4 visa extension on 1st May 2013 to the UKBA (my visa was valid till 2nd May 2013), and I am currently continuing my study in Postgraduate Diploma program in Management (level-7) at a HTS college. I started my current course in April 2013. However, I have decided to change my course in a university in London (course in the university is going to start from 25 June 2013) and I have already got CAS letter from the university. I have not received any decision from the UKBA yet. Is there any way I can apply for Variation Leave to Remain? If it is yes, what is the procedure (i.e. is there any separate application form or I need to enclose a forwarding letter)?
I desperately need your help, if you have faced the same situation or have a clear idea on what I should do.

Thank you so much for your time and help.
I've been on 2 student visas in the past. I would think you need to download a change of circumstance form, fill and write a cover letter (with your details) explaining the situation. Attach the new CAS letter and any other document (Bank statements and Uni correspondence?) with it and send via Recorded Delivery. You DO NOT need to pay or make a new application since you already have one application outstanding.

They're required to accept that if they have not decided your application yet, I have done this before and all worked out well. :P
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes i think you need to 1st send them change of circumstances form and let them know your current situation.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you so much for your information. It is so helpful to get the guidance. I just wanted to get some more practical information from you with regards to the Variation of leave to remain as a student. If I send the UKBA change of circumstance form, and after receiving my change of circumstance form, they take the decision with regards to my application, which is pending (before), can they do that? May I know when did you submit your change of circumstance form to the ukba and how many days after the 1st application? I really appreciate your kind help.

Regards,
Rashid[/quote]

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu May 16, 2013 11:05 pm

mrashid02139 wrote:Thank you so much for your information. It is so helpful to get the guidance. I just wanted to get some more practical information from you with regards to the Variation of leave to remain as a student. If I send the UKBA change of circumstance form, and after receiving my change of circumstance form, they take the decision with regards to my application, which is pending (before), can they do that? May I know when did you submit your change of circumstance form to the ukba and how many days after the 1st application? I really appreciate your kind help.

Regards,
Rashid
[/quote]

As long as your change of circumstance form is received in-time before a decision is made on your old application, they will consider the new CAS letter and additional info. In my own opinion, the earlier you send the form the better because you don't know when it's been looked at.
I submitted my change of circumstance form almost 4 months after the initial application was made and they took the evidence into consideration..

Hope this helps.. Good luck!

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 am

Thanks a lot choc-ice and Sheraz7. I am very grateful to both of you for yours valuable advice!!! :D

rajesh1984
Newly Registered

Time limit to respond change of circumstances form for ukba

Post by rajesh1984 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
mrashid02139 wrote:Thank you so much for your information. It is so helpful to get the guidance. I just wanted to get some more practical information from you with regards to the Variation of leave to remain as a student. If I send the UKBA change of circumstance form, and after receiving my change of circumstance form, they take the decision with regards to my application, which is pending (before), can they do that? May I know when did you submit your change of circumstance form to the ukba and how many days after the 1st application? I really appreciate your kind help.

Regards,
Rashid
As long as your change of circumstance form is received in-time before a decision is made on your old application, they will consider the new CAS letter and additional info. In my own opinion, the earlier you send the form the better because you don't know when it's been looked at.
I submitted my change of circumstance form almost 4 months after the initial application was made and they took the evidence into consideration..

Hope this helps.. Good luck![/quote]
Can u please tell me that around after how many days u got confirmation letter for change of circumstances form
Please reply

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: Time limit to respond change of circumstances form for u

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 pm

rajesh1984 wrote:
Choc-Ice wrote:

Regards,
Rashid

Hope this helps.. Good luck!
Can u please tell me that around after how many days u got confirmation letter for change of circumstances form
Please reply[/quote]

You do not receive any confirmation from UKBA for change of circumstances!

It's your responsibility to make sure you send it recorded delivery! Your confirmation of Royal mail is your acknowledgement that it has been received. Hope this helps.

rajesh1984
Newly Registered

Re: Time limit to respond change of circumstances form for u

Post by rajesh1984 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:
It's your responsibility to make sure you send it recorded delivery! Your confirmation of Royal mail is your acknowledgement that it has been received. Hope this helps.
thanks for your response
but they write on ukba site that they will write you confirmation letter that we notify your changes
correct me if I m wrong
plz reply