ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

socrates

Re: FLRO timeline and my story

Post by socrates » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:21 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:Hi everyone I have been following this forum for about 9 months which was introduced to me by my cousin who happens to be a member on this forum.

This is my timeline and story

Flro based on British son

First time application
Send document: October 2012
Biometric appt: 7-2-2013
Biometric receive 4days after
Son Passport returned 2 weeks later
Ho requested for more evidence 14-3-2013
More evidence sent two days after
I requested for baby father pasport has he needs to travel
Ho replied it will take up to 20days to receive back the passport
Contacted Ho again after 6 weeks
Received a letter from the HO 05/07/13 that stating that all documents including passports and application forms cannot be traced and also included 2 letters address to the IPS and mine country passport service I applied for another passport 10/07/13 and received another letter 11/07/13 dated 10/07/13 that my documents are now located and Ho also requested back for the letters previously addressed to both passort services and today 17/07/13 received baby's father passport @10:23am, @15:53 I got a delivery man on my door as my landlady was calling me for the man just in few seconds he dropped a card and drove off which was from DX I was checking online to read about the company after 20 minutes I got another knock at the doorstep my landlady called upon me again and returned was the delivery man with my biometric card. I am granted a 30months right to stay, work permitted and no public fund. I am so happy and grateful to God he sas by me and my son and I am sure all other applicants whom are still expecting the decisions itwwill surely come in our favour more than what we expect and we will all have different stories to glorify God Almighty. IJN Amen. Thank you all and good luck.
Congrats Ola and Goodluck.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:31 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:Hi everyone I have been following this forum for about 9 months which was introduced to me by my cousin who happens to be a member on this forum.

First time application
Received a letter from the HO 05/07/13 that stating that all documents including passports and application forms cannot be traced and also included 2 letters address to the IPS and mine country passport service I applied for another passport 10/07/13 and received another letter 11/07/13 dated 10/07/13 that my documents are now located and Ho also requested back for the letters previously addressed to both passort services and today 17/07/13 received baby's father passport @10:23am, @15:53 I got a delivery man on my door as my landlady was calling me for the man just in few seconds he dropped a card and drove off which was from DX I was checking online to read about the company after 20 minutes I got another knock at the doorstep my landlady called upon me again and returned was the delivery man with my biometric card. I am granted a 30months right to stay, work permitted and no public fund. I am so happy and grateful to God he sas by me and my son and I am sure all other applicants whom are still expecting the decisions itwwill surely come in our favour more than what we expect and we will all have different stories to glorify God Almighty. IJN Amen. Thank you all and good luck.
Wow congrats hun GOD is truly on your side your story gives me hope as I'm also a october applicant. Congrats once more

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:32 pm

First time application
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the promise land. Perfect present for a perfect weather. God bless you and enjoy your very well earned freedom :)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Don't caseworkers consider taxpayers money aswel when they making these decisions because most of these cases will be won on appeal.
I dont think that they even know what they are doing like someone on here was refused saying he still had links in India when he wasn't Indian lol and like they haven't made decision on yours yet when I am sure it must be straight forward sorry to hear that you couldn't go today on your flight ukba should be taken to courts and make them go through what all of us have to go through
I'm telling yah hun they are rushing to clear the backlog and not considering application properly. The 1st time I was told on the 18th june by a ukba call agent that my appplication was allocated to caseworker then they confirm it in a email to ombudsman on the 1st july so therefore i thought I would have heard something by now. I rang them this morning they states application not decided yet so I guess I won't be waiting for the postman tomorrow because it seems like the caseworkers love to look at me and my kids pictures why he/she haven't made a decision yet. I thought they take 2 weeks to make decision once its allocated a caseworker but I guess my thought is wrong.... I hope your sis appeal or try the T form route u guys will be successful in the end.
Hi sanny UKBA may prove you wrong. The reason I'm saying this is because I rang on a Thursday which was the 27/6/13 and was told its with the case working unit and that the application is yet to be divided or better still incomplete.
Only to receive a call from my solicitor on the 2/7/13 that my BRP has been received. The decision letter actually came four days after the BRP.
So in a nutshell my dear I don't think their system is updated. Don't be surprised you will receive your package tomorrow.
Soon sanny very soon!
I hope so too hun.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:02 pm

sanny26 wrote:
ali90 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Don't caseworkers consider taxpayers money aswel when they making these decisions because most of these cases will be won on appeal.
I dont think that they even know what they are doing like someone on here was refused saying he still had links in India when he wasn't Indian lol and like they haven't made decision on yours yet when I am sure it must be straight forward sorry to hear that you couldn't go today on your flight ukba should be taken to courts and make them go through what all of us have to go through
I'm telling yah hun they are rushing to clear the backlog and not considering application properly. The 1st time I was told on the 18th june by a ukba call agent that my appplication was allocated to caseworker then they confirm it in a email to ombudsman on the 1st july so therefore i thought I would have heard something by now. I rang them this morning they states application not decided yet so I guess I won't be waiting for the postman tomorrow because it seems like the caseworkers love to look at me and my kids pictures why he/she haven't made a decision yet. I thought they take 2 weeks to make decision once its allocated a caseworker but I guess my thought is wrong.... I hope your sis appeal or try the T form route u guys will be successful in the end.
yeah they said something about it is refused but our family had some legacy application in 2008 which was refused but the decision was only made on the parents. they even asked for our photographs that time so i am sure it meant that we were given the right . but now they said they might consider her in that application. so first of all it seems stupid to even refuse her flr (O) and also if the application was in 2008 how can they take 5 years and still not make decision on it. will be talking to lawyer as soon i get the refusal paper and go for judicial review or tell them to reconsider and btw if you called them today and they said they havent made decision yet then i dont think you will be getting your documents back by end of this week because if they had made decision and your documents were on the way back then they would have told you even though i hope i am wrong and its another silly mistake by them

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:09 pm

ali90 wrote:bad news guys. my sister flr (O) has been refused :/ the mp rang them and they told the decision to the mp and said the paper have been sent back to us . i cant belive it. she is british born lived her all her life except the 2/3 years of her life. and she has been refused :|
sorry for the refusal, definitely some of this case workers in the HO have no clue what they are doing,they are creating more instead of clearing the backlog. what hopes are left to as when they refusing someone who leaved here all her live.

May DEAR GOD help as, send all of bad caseworkers on long holiday until end of summer
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:26 pm

summer2013 wrote:
ali90 wrote:bad news guys. my sister flr (O) has been refused :/ the mp rang them and they told the decision to the mp and said the paper have been sent back to us . i cant belive it. she is british born lived her all her life except the 2/3 years of her life. and she has been refused :|
sorry for the refusal, definitely some of this case workers in the HO have no clue what they are doing,they are creating more instead of clearing the backlog. what hopes are left to as when they refusing someone who leaved here all her live.

May DEAR GOD help as, send all of bad caseworkers on long holiday until end of summer

No god should send them away for ever!!!

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Time503 wrote:
summer2013 wrote:

No god should send them away for ever!!!
only send them away if they can have good replacement caseworkers :P dont want ukba to have another excuse to delay the decisions on applications LOL

Believe2013
Member of Standing

well done

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Congrats Ola and what a fantastic alias you have OLADPOUNDS :lol: :lol:

Believe2013
Member of Standing

ali90

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Ali90, sorry to hear about your sister's situation - could you shed a bit of light on the refusal please? If I interpret the law correctly, If your parents or one of your parents were lawfully settled in the UK then your sister by birth is unequivocally a British Citizen regardless of the 3 year absence out of the UK. The Home Office are not the law they are there to enforce the law but they do it incorrectly hence the numerous court cases, appeals and tribunals they inevitably lose. I am told 1 in 4 cases they don't even bother turning up to court at all! No wonder why the Tories want to quash the appeals route!

BIGGY25
Newly Registered

Post by BIGGY25 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Congrats namesake enjoy your freedom. (Obolowo won) at last!

ali90

Re: ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Ali90, sorry to hear about your sister's situation - could you shed a bit of light on the refusal please? If I interpret the law correctly, If your parents or one of your parents were lawfully settled in the UK then your sister by birth is unequivocally a British Citizen regardless of the 3 year absence out of the UK. The Home Office are not the law they are there to enforce the law but they do it incorrectly hence the numerous court cases, appeals and tribunals they inevitably lose. I am told 1 in 4 cases they don't even bother turning up to court at all! No wonder why the Tories want to quash the appeals route!
i have only found out that she has been refused they sent the refusal out on 15th so hopefully will be getting the reasons in papers tomorrow. only tomorrow i can shed more light on it . none of my parents are lawfully settled yet. had family ILR in 2006 i think they refused it last year and had some legacy case too. they refused that too but now the mp said that HO said that they will consider my sister in that application which they were meant to make a decision on years ago. its too confusing but hey its HO its never clear with them

and yeah i heard that too. if u try to take them to court they usually withdraw their case . so hope it will work too.

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Flro
Sent 14/06/12
Bio 31/07/12
Granted today
3yrs Extension
British wife
3 British children
I have been following this forum since last year June

ali90

Post by ali90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Daniel97 wrote:Flro
Sent 14/06/12
Bio 31/07/12
Granted today
3yrs Extension
British wife
3 British children

yours seems straight forward even tho they took really long congrats :)

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Sent 14/06/12
Bio 31/07/12
Granted today
3yrs Extension
British wife
3 British children
Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

Divine mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Divine mercy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:57 am

We shall all receive good news IJN,pls can anyone tell me if the time ones application wiv Ho is added to d 6 yrs altogether before applying for indefinite stay?Now dat application spend nearly a yr or over sometimes for extention.I asked becos HO says ones leave continues as long as u make a valid application for extension.is it dat the six yrs start frm d first 3 yrs wiv those time spend with them for consideration?

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 am

Sent 14/06/12
Bio 31/07/12
Granted today
3yrs Extension
British wife
3 British children
congrats & good luck !

tei123

Post by tei123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:58 am

Congrats to all those who has got the long awaited good news,to those of us waiting God or Allah will put a smile on our faces and to my friends who were refused pls dont and never give up the fight...at God or Allah 's own time u will all get the news u long for.Amen :D :D :D :D

Stay blessed & ve a great day

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 am

ali90 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Ali90, sorry to hear about your sister's situation - could you shed a bit of light on the refusal please? If I interpret the law correctly, If your parents or one of your parents were lawfully settled in the UK then your sister by birth is unequivocally a British Citizen regardless of the 3 year absence out of the UK. The Home Office are not the law they are there to enforce the law but they do it incorrectly hence the numerous court cases, appeals and tribunals they inevitably lose. I am told 1 in 4 cases they don't even bother turning up to court at all! No wonder why the Tories want to quash the appeals route!
i have only found out that she has been refused they sent the refusal out on 15th so hopefully will be getting the reasons in papers tomorrow. only tomorrow i can shed more light on it . none of my parents are lawfully settled yet. had family ILR in 2006 i think they refused it last year and had some legacy case too. they refused that too but now the mp said that HO said that they will consider my sister in that application which they were meant to make a decision on years ago. its too confusing but hey its HO its never clear with them

and yeah i heard that too. if u try to take them to court they usually withdraw their case . so hope it will work too.
Hi ali90

I just copied below line from your post. If i don`t misunderstood, does your parents had ILR.I did n`t get this. If u don`t mind please clarify.

"[none of my parents are lawfully settled yet. had family ILR in 2006 i think they refused it last year and had some legacy case too."

[/b][/u]

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 am

Application sent: 21/06/13
Acknowledgment letter:24/06/13
Biometrics letter : 25/06/13
Biometrics done:4/07/13
Granted: 3 years 18/07/13

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 am

maud32 wrote:Application sent: 21/06/13
Congrats,was it a extension?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 am

shareen24h wrote:
ali90 wrote:

Hi ali90

I just copied below line from your post. If i don`t misunderstood, does your parents had ILR.I did n`t get this. If u don`t mind please clarify.

"[none of my parents are lawfully settled yet. had family ILR in 2006 i think they refused it last year and had some legacy case too."

[/b][/u]

I think he meant they applied for ILR in 2008 but it was refused.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 am

I think I'm gona start looking out for the DX courier van because it seems like the BRP is arriving before your documents. I'm gona give the postman a break for now. Lol

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:50 am

maud32 wrote:Application sent: 21/06/13
Hi maud32

Congratulation. Can we have your history briefly.

Guys

Please read the below links. Which might help some of us.

http://www.bailii.or.../2013/1144.html

http://www.childrens..._to_be_unlawful

Tank you

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 am

hi shareen24h morning how you doing? I try to open the link you provide but it didn't open.