ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Entry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mooty

Date of Entry

Post by mooty » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Just a quick one,
I came in here as a student on 29/09/2003 then switched to HSMP on 17/09/2007. The question is:
What date do I have to put in the question the port of landing/date of entry in the UK etc. on the form?
thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:50 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mooty

Post by mooty » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks Guru for your Kind reply but the guidelines states that enter the date when you came to UK on a long term basis. I assume that I landed back in 2003 on a short term basis which was study and switched to long term category in 2007. I am bit confused.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 pm

mooty wrote:Thanks Guru for your Kind reply but the guidelines states that enter the date when you came to UK on a long term basis. I assume that I landed back in 2003 on a short term basis which was study and switched to long term category in 2007. I am bit confused.
You can come here on a visit visa and decide you want to be here for the long term, I'm sure in the back of your mind you wanted to settle here even in 2003. The question is subjective and the answer isn't really provable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:10 pm

2003 would be correct.

I was in the same situation - came on holiday working visa, switched into HSMP and then Tier1 G.

When I went to NCS (nationality checking service), the interviewee phoned up UKBA and said that it was the date of first entry (when I arrived on my working holiday visa). I found this very confusing because at that time my intention was not to be here on a long term basis.