ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

master degree from uk exempted IELTS?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahbazali
- thin ice -

master degree from uk exempted IELTS?

Post by shahbazali » Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi
I heard from some consultant that in new rules Canada has exempted IELTS for those who have done Master Degree from Uk

can any one please confirm it.

thanks

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:20 am

I would like to know the answer to this too.

Someone living after having studied and worked in UK for more than 8 years should be granted some kind of exemption, specially because you already pass your IELTS for studying in the UK.

I could not seem to find this info on CIC website.

Anyone?

jrge

Post by jrge » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:22 am

Hi,
Saga wrote:I would like to know the answer to this too.

Someone living after having studied and worked in UK for more than 8 years should be granted some kind of exemption, specially because you already pass your IELTS for studying in the UK.

Anyone?
Whilst I can't find any link(s) to it, I can tell you that even if you were born in an English speaking country ( UK, USA, Australia, etc) you still have and must take IELTS.

I'm going thru the PR process and had to take it. My British co-workers also had to take it. Mind all of us (27) were educated in the USA & the UK.
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 am

jrge wrote:Hi,
Saga wrote:I would like to know the answer to this too.

Anyone?
Whilst I can't find any link(s) to it, I can tell you that even if you were born in an English speaking country ( UK, USA, Australia, etc) you still have and must take IELTS.

I'm going thru the PR process and had to take it. My British co-workers also had to take it. Mind all of us (27) were educated in the USA & the UK.
OK thanks !

How old IELTS results are acceptable? Its been said to be not more than 2 years. Is this correct?

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 am

Are there any other tests apart from IELTS that is acceptable to CIC?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:20 am

Saga wrote:Are there any other tests apart from IELTS that is acceptable to CIC?
What IELTS is acceptable; Academic or General Training?
N/A

jrge

Post by jrge » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:57 am

Hi,
Saga wrote: OK thanks !

How old IELTS results are acceptable? Its been said to be not more than 2 years. Is this correct?
Yes, IELTS are valid up to two years.

jrge

Post by jrge » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:57 am

Hi,
Tier 4 wrote:
Saga wrote:Are there any other tests apart from IELTS that is acceptable to CIC?
What IELTS is acceptable; Academic or General Training?
For students, academic. For the rest, general training.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:20 pm

I dont know about current rules, but back in 2008 when I got my PR, I wrote a covering letter explaining my fluency in English along with my education which was Master's degree, schooling thru out in English, current work and day to day correspondence and communication in English, they never asked for IELTS.
While a friend of mine who had applied at the same time did the similar covering letter, but he did not have Master'e degree, however did his Bachelors in UK was asked to take IELTS and was even called for personal interview at High Commission in London before his PR was issued.

IELTS general is easy, even is they ask you can prepare in 2-3 weeks.

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:48 pm

neoseal wrote:I dont know about current rules, but back in 2008 when I got my PR, I wrote a covering letter explaining my fluency in English along with my education which was Master's degree, schooling thru out in English, current work and day to day correspondence and communication in English, they never asked for IELTS.
While a friend of mine who had applied at the same time did the similar covering letter, but he did not have Master'e degree, however did his Bachelors in UK was asked to take IELTS and was even called for personal interview at High Commission in London before his PR was issued.
SO it depends from case to case.

Any one knows any thing in current rules?

I had taken IELTS way back in 2004, obviously not valid now. Ever since then I have studied and worked in English day to day. I ll probably do the same and write it all in my cover letter.
IELTS general is easy, even is they ask you can prepare in 2-3 weeks.
Are you saying IELTS General is easier compared to IELTS Academic?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Yes in a way "its case by case" basis. No specific answer.

What is the status of you application. Are you just applying or CIC has asked for all docs including the medicals to be done?

You have already taken IELTS so it shouldn't be difficult for you.

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:41 pm

neoseal wrote:Yes in a way "its case by case" basis. No specific answer.

What is the status of you application. Are you just applying or CIC has asked for all docs including the medicals to be done?

You have already taken IELTS so it shouldn't be difficult for you.
Thanks for your answers.

I am applying as a new application to CIC which makes me ask another question.

Can I submit my application with incomplete documents but confirming that they will be submitted in course of time? Thing is, my wife needs to give her IELTS test and the next general test in our area is in early Dec.! I do not want to wait that long to avoid the number of applications hitting 300. Also, the ECA accreditation might take long as some org. require the uni's to send them academic transcripts directly.

I am asking as opposed to UK (where your application gets returned to rejected for silly reasons), Canadian immigration authorities seem to be more thoughtful and generally allow additions after submissions.

So, any thoughts on this?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:08 pm

I really will need to look into the current process. When I applied 6 years back, the process was just to fill out the immigration form, in which you supply all personal details, educational qualification, and work experience. Absolutely no documents to be submitted. Then after about 2 years, when CIC is ready to process your file they will ask for all the documents to be submitted, that too surprisingly at that time they asked only for photocopies and no original documents. Nothing complicated, they sent the order in which docs to be arranged, and just send it over to them, the only original document was the police clearance. Then they look at all documents and if they have any question or need clarification they will ask, but if your case is straight forward, they usually process and ask for medicals to be done and send passport.
Some one else may shed some light on this.

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 am

In order not to hit the cap in my category, I will be submitting receipts of my IELTS booking and submit my application. Who knows if the category I am applying in exists by next May 2014. Fingers crossed !

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:25 pm

What is the process now, do you need to submit IELTS score on application? what if they don't process your application in 2 years, because IELTS score is valid for 2 year.
Good luck.

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:25 pm

neoseal wrote:What is the process now, do you need to submit IELTS score on application? what if they don't process your application in 2 years, because IELTS score is valid for 2 year.
Good luck.
Application for permanent residence: Federal skilled worker program (IMM 7000)says:

Minimum Language Requirement

You must identify in your application which language – English or French – will be your first official language in Canada.

You must meet minimum language levels and include results of a language test from an agency designated by CIC in that language when you apply.

Points for English or French skills – Federal skilled workers says:

Language testing

You must prove the language levels you claim on your application with a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

We will not process your application if you do not include language test results for either English or French that show you meet the required level.

If you want to get points for your skills in both English and French, you must provide your language test results for each language at the same time.

Once you take this test, you can use it to see exactly how many points you will get for the language selection factor.

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:32 pm

How is the above interpreted?

Generally, it says to be submitted ; not much on when .

The Document checklist IMM5612 , however, says in its explanation here

What documents are required?

You must gather and submit to the CIO all the documents listed on the Document Checklist (IMM 5612). Documents from the checklist are only to be submitted once to the CIO. Do not submit documents that are not found on the checklist and do not send duplicates of your application or documentation.

Documentation submitted with your application will not be returned. You should obtain multiple originals of any documentation submitted with your application (such as reference letters, police certificates) so you are prepared if you need to submit a new application.

You must keep a copy of the completed forms and all documents before sending them to the CIO.

Note. If you do not submit a complete application with all the required supporting documents, your application will be returned to you as incomplete. If we decide that your application is not eligible to be processed, this decision is final and will result in the closure of your file.

The checklist of required documents (IMM 5612) is subject to change. Applicants are advised to refer to this checklist on the CIC website periodically while preparing their submission to ensure that they have included all documents listed on the most up-to-date checklist.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:15 pm

As per my understanding the test results are to be submitted at the time of application. They can return application as incomplete.

Who is the principal applicant? Does it say the dependent will also need IELTS?

Is there any other center with early dates?

logicdeasa
Newly Registered

IELTS and Student Visa in UK

Post by logicdeasa » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:17 am