ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: Maintenance/Sponsorship left unchecked in SMS System

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

namesaumil
Newly Registered

Help: Maintenance/Sponsorship left unchecked in SMS System

Post by namesaumil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Experts,
Need Help! I have a restricted COS assigned to me by my employer. They are more than happy to sponsor me and my wife but by mistake they have left the option "Tick to confirm the sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant" as unchecked and it went in the system as "N".

They have provided me a detailed letter stating that they will sponsor me and my wife for required 1500 Pounds level and will provide 1 month's accommodation till I get some place to move in.

But, it is clearly written on UKBA that only a letter of sponsorship is not a valid way of confirming maintenance. What can I do in this case? Can I get a sponsor note added for such thing with an added explanation in cover letter + signed explanation by employer? Can a note be added for a mistake in maintenance? Is it acceptable by UKBA?

I had started to maintain required funds from 30th June onwards and my COS is valid only till 20th Sept. So maintaining funds is also not an option anymore :(

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:33 pm

I've not seen any official guidance on when a sponsor note can and cannot be used but when I've spoken to UKBA previously about this they've said a sponsor note is acceptable in this situation. This would make sense as a sponsor note can only have been put there by the sponsor, whereas a letter could quite easily be forged.

namesaumil
Newly Registered

Post by namesaumil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi,
Thanks very much for the quick response! I am happy to here that it could be changed via a sponsor note. Did you check with them specifically whether maintenance related details can be modified?

I only see this info on the web site

"How you can change a certificate of sponsorship
You must make sure that the migrant's details are right when you create a certificate of sponsorship.

You can use the 'sponsor note' field to amend minor errors identified after the certificate of sponsorship has been created. Examples of acceptable amendments are corrections to a mistyped name or date of birth or a change to the start date for the job.

If the main details are wrong, you must cancel the certificate and assign a new one, if needed, to ensure that the details are the same as the one in the migrant's application. You must do this if, for example:

the SOC code or tier/category is incorrect; or
more than one of the migrant's identifiable details need to be changed - such as a full change to the date of birth and nationality, or to the surname and date of birth.
If you assign a new certificate of sponsorship, you will need to pay the relevant fee.

Please note that the 'sponsor note' field can only be used to notify changes on a certificate of sponsorship when it is showing in your SMS account as 'assigned'."

namesaumil
Newly Registered

Post by namesaumil » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:52 am

Thank you Jeeves very much for response!
Guys, is there anyone else who knows anything or had any experience of such sort with UKBA?

I am very much concerned at the moment because I will pay myself for visa processing and fee is non refundable :(

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 am

Call the employer helpline (0300 123 4699) and ask.

You don't have to give your name when calling but speak as if you were an employer.

namesaumil
Newly Registered

Post by namesaumil » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi,
I called High Commission in Mumbai and they told me that its OK if you add a sponsor note + provide the sponsorship letter.

Still, am a bit nervous with this :)