ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Story 19 Jul 13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mah

ILR Success Story 19 Jul 13

Post by mah » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Dear Mates,
Thanks for all the info and support you give.
I have my in Person ILR appointment on Friday and have a few minor questions. I have been in HSMP + Tier1+Tier1 applying for ILR. My last extension was 3 months ago.

1. For the cohabitation, how many documents they need and for how many months? I have council tax and water bills but they are sent only once a year. Is it enough?
2. Do I need to take Birth certificate and marriage documents as well?
3. Section 5 of the form. Question 5.3, it asks the income after tax. Firstly, should I say average in the last 12 months (Total divided by 12) because I do some part time jobs as well, so no fixed salary.
4. The same part, section 5. If your monthly rent is £1250 and your income is £1700, does it make any problem?
5. Section 6, do I have to submit the letter from employer. As some people say it is not necessary just to have it with me in case the officer asks, then should I tick the box in 6.3 or leave it blank.
6. In Section 6 is it enough to say , Work related or paid annual leave for the reason of absence?
7. Question 7.11' should I say 4 years 11 months or should I say 5 years? I am applying exactly 28 days before the full 5 years.
8. Question 7.12, is it enough to say FAMILY TIES or should I explain who from my family leaves there?
9. Section 9, question A9. Should I give the address and Telephone Number of the places I am working and also the address of my bank?
10 Section 10, question 9. If my last Tier 1 leave was in Croydon, what should I write in the box?
11 Section 10, question 14.2, should I write my date of birth or my Kid's date of Birth?
12 Are pay slips necessary
13 the last page in application about checklist, It asks (the documents to support your tier1 points assessment). What should I provide for this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for too many questions

Mah
Last edited by mah on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mah

Re: ILR Questions

Post by mah » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Dear friends,
anybody who can help regarding my questions? I have only 1 day to complete my form and I am really struggling.
Yhanks,

Mah
mah wrote:Dear Mates,
Thanks for all the info and support you give.
I have my in Person ILR appointment on Friday and have a few minor questions. I have been in HSMP + Tier1+Tier1 applying for ILR. My last extension was 3 months ago.

1. For the cohabitation, how many documents they need and for how many months? I have council tax and water bills but they are sent only once a year. Is it enough?
3. Section 5 of the form. Question 5.3, it asks the income after tax. Firstly, should I say average in the last 12 months (Total divided by 12) because I do some part time jobs as well, so no fixed salary.
4. The same part, section 5. If your monthly rent is £1250 and your income is £1700, does it make any problem?
5. Section 6, do I have to submit the letter from employer. As some people say it is not necessary just to have it with me in case the officer asks, then should I tick the box in 6.3 or leave it blank.
6. In Section 6 is it enough to say , Work related or paid annual leave for the reason of absence?
7. Question 7.11' should I say 4 years 11 months or should I say 5 years? I am applying exactly 28 days before the full 5 years.
8. Question 7.12, is it enough to say FAMILY TIES or should I explain who from my family leaves there?
9. Section 9, question A9. Should I give the address and Telephone Number of the places I am working and also the address of my bank?
10 Section 10, question 9. If my last Tier 1 leave was in Croydon, what should I write in the box?
11 Section 10, question 14.2, should I write my date of birth or my Kid's date of Birth?
13 the last page in application about checklist, It asks (the documents to support your tier1 points assessment). What should I provide for this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for too many questions

Mah

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:16 am

Dear Members and Gurus,

Please correct me if I'm wrong with the following answers. That would help to correct myself for my SET(O) application.

* Council and Water bills > one each year should be fine. Myself submitting 5 council bills and 6 water bills for the last 5 yrs.
* Bank statements > few months (e.g. 6 months) spread across last 2 years would be fine (if you have been collecting the statements, all statements for the last two years advisable)

* Not required

* I believe put your recent month salary (I've put my latest month's salary from my claimed period)

* <not sure about this, gurus pls advise>

* If the absence is holiday/vacation related then employer letter is not required. It is only required only if it is work related and also if the absence exceeds more than 180 days.

* I've written as 'Holiday/vacation'

* 4yrs and 11 months xx days (I've put the days additionally on the form)

* I've put as "Parents, In-laws and relatives"

* Yes, the address and contact details are must.

* I've written as > United Kingdom - Crydon

* Your date of birth, not the kid's (I've written my date of birth)

* Certainly, that is considered as one of the main earnings proff.

* I've put the total number of (payslips, employer letters, salary statements)

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 am

Dear gurus and members,

Appreciate very much if you could kindly review the list of documents for SET (O) application.

I'm going to apply for SET (O) under HSMP+Tier1+Tier1 eligibility.

Following is the list of documents I'm going to submit: [Main applicant with two dependants (wife and a kid)].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Covering Letter - (1)
2. SET (O) application form - (1)
3. Passports + BRP cards + Photographs
4. Appointment Letter with booking Fee details - (1)
5. LIUK test certificates (myself and dependant) - (2)
6. UKBA points self assessment summary
7. Payslips (12) + Employer letters confirming Gross and Net salaries (2)
8. Salary credit statements (12 months)
9. Council bills - 5 Nos (last 5 yrs)
10. Water bills - 6 Nos (last 5 yrs)
11. Tenancy agreements - (2 Nos) (last 5 yrs)
12. Joint account bank statements - (last 2 yrs)
13. My current and Flexi saver statements - (last 2 yrs)
14. HMRC letter + P60s (1+5)
15. Letter from GP - (1)
16. UK driving License (main applicant + dependant)
17. Gas bills (only 4 months)
18. Main applicant credit card stmts (2 yrs)

Kind Regards.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:18 am

See u on Friday. Where ru going, Croydon?

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:35 am

Kishor,

Many thanks.
Is P60 necessary?
my total absences is 107 days.
My case is HSMP+tier 1 + tier 1. Do I need to submit anything extra regarding Section 11L (as it says For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.?
Thanks
kishor_mit wrote:Dear Members and Gurus,

Please correct me if I'm wrong with the following answers. That would help to correct myself for my SET(O) application.

* Council and Water bills > one each year should be fine. Myself submitting 5 council bills and 6 water bills for the last 5 yrs.
* Bank statements > few months (e.g. 6 months) spread across last 2 years would be fine (if you have been collecting the statements, all statements for the last two years advisable)

* Not required

* I believe put your recent month salary (I've put my latest month's salary from my claimed period)

* If the absence is holiday/vacation related then employer letter is not required. It is only required only if it is work related and also if the absence exceeds more than 180 days.

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Kishor,
Police Certificate/report paper
kishor_mit wrote:Dear gurus and members,

Appreciate very much if you could kindly review the list of documents for SET (O) application.

Following is the list of documents I'm going to submit: [Main applicant with two dependants (wife and a kid)].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Covering Letter - (1)
15. Letter from GP - (1)

Kind Regards.

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:40 am

Hi, Mine is Croydon at 11:30
pgaitonde wrote:See u on Friday. Where ru going, Croydon?

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:55 am

mah wrote:Hi, Mine is Croydon at 11:30
See u there. Mine is 10:15. Pm me ur details and number.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:46 am

Hi Mah,

Are you not providing any letter for your absence over the last 5 years?
mah wrote:Kishor,

Many thanks.
Is P60 necessary?
My case is HSMP+tier 1 + tier 1. Do I need to submit anything extra regarding Section 11L (as it says For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met
Thanks

* Not required

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:57 pm

I have a letter from my ex employer issued 3 months ago which says all my absences from the UK (including holidays and work related).

But I am not sure if I need to submit it as people say it is not necessary.
pgaitonde wrote:Hi Mah,

Many thanks.
Is P60 necessary?
Thanks

* Not required

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:43 pm

I am not submitting it tomorrow as I don't have one. My employer can't give one as i have left the organisation and the employer doesn't know whether I am out of the country or inside and they can't give me the letter based on what I say.

I currently work thru my limited company.

mah wrote:I have a letter from my ex employer issued 3 months ago which says all my absences from the UK (including holidays and work related).

But I am not sure if I need to submit it as people say it is not necessary.
pgaitonde wrote:Hi Mah,

Many thanks.
Is P60 necessary?
Thanks

* Not required

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:10 pm

I just saw my letter and found there is a typo there regarding dates:
for one of the travels it says from 10 Jul 2012 to 14 Jul 2013 for 3 days. The years should be 2012. I myself corrected it by correction fluid and pen but may cause problem.
So I may not submit it.
I just made a spreadsheet now and signed it.

[quote="pgaitonde"]I am not submitting it tomorrow as I don't have one. My employer can't give one as i have left the organisation and the employer doesn't know whether I am out of the country or inside and they can't give me the letter based on what I say.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 pm

mah wrote:I just saw my letter and found there is a typo there regarding dates:
for one of the travels it says from 10 Jul 2012 to 14 Jul 2013 for 3 days. The years should be 2012. I myself corrected it by correction fluid and pen but may cause problem.
So I may not submit it.
I just made a spreadsheet now and signed it.
pgaitonde wrote:I am not submitting it tomorrow as I don't have one. My employer can't give one as i have left the organisation and the employer doesn't know whether I am out of the country or inside and they can't give me the letter based on what I say.

do not submit a letter where you have used correction fluid. just submit the spreadsheet.

hey are you meeting tomorrow? I am going to be there too

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Also can you share your spreadsheet so i can make one for myself

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 pm

pgaitonde wrote:Also can you share your spreadsheet so i can make one for myself
How can I share it?

Dear UKBA Case Officer,
Please find below the spreadsheet regarding all my absences from the UK in the last 5 years. They were work related or as paid annual leave. My first date of entry to the UK was XX XXXX XX and my last date entering the UK was XX XXX XX
All the absences from the UK in the last 5 years (First date of entry was 16 Aug 2008)
From To Number of days Country Reason
Xx xx XX Xx xx xx 15 Turkey Work related
3 Holiday-Paid Leave
2 Work related
19 Holiday-Paid Leave
4 Work related
18 Holiday-Paid Leave
6 Work related
2 Work related
2 Work related
2 Work related
3 Work related
3 Holiday-Paid Leave
3 Holiday-Paid Leave
10 Holiday-Paid Leave

Total 92

Kind regards,

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks.
mah wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:Also can you share your spreadsheet so i can make one for myself
How can I share it?

Dear UKBA Case Officer,
Please find below the spreadsheet regarding all my absences from the UK in the last 5 years. They were work related or as paid annual leave. My first date of entry to the UK was XX XXXX XX and my last date entering the UK was XX XXX XX
All the absences from the UK in the last 5 years (First date of entry was 16 Aug 2008)
From To Number of days Country Reason
Xx xx XX Xx xx xx 15 Turkey Work related
3 Holiday-Paid Leave
2 Work related
19 Holiday-Paid Leave
4 Work related
18 Holiday-Paid Leave
6 Work related
2 Work related
2 Work related
2 Work related
3 Work related
3 Holiday-Paid Leave
3 Holiday-Paid Leave
10 Holiday-Paid Leave

Total 92

Kind regards,

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm

No worries, hope that helps to you.

Is P60 necessary?
* No, not compulsory, if you have one then it's a plus.

Do I need to submit anything extra regarding Section 11L (as it says For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met

* Pls see my list of docs, other than that I don't think anything else is required.

Unless someone in the group from their recent experience advises of any other (missing) documents.

Cheers.

Many thanks.
Is P60 necessary?
Thanks

* Not required

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm not sure about this. (In my case I don't have one)

Cheers.

mah wrote:Hi Kishor,
Police Certificate/report paper
kishor_mit wrote:Dear gurus and members,

1. Covering Letter - (1)
15. Letter from GP - (1)

Kind Regards.

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi mah, pgaitonde

Please share your experience after your appointments.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

pgaitonde wrote:
mah wrote:Hi, Mine is Croydon at 11:30
See u there. Mine is 10:15. Pm me ur details and number.

mah

ILR Successful

Post by mah » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Dear Mates,
Thank you all for your help and great support and info you provide here.
Today I had my ILR appointment and it was successful.
Arrived at 11:00
Security check,
payment
Case registration
Biometrics
Case consideration
Approval and collection
All in about 2 hours.
Fortunately I had a great experience. All the people in the UKBA I saw were friendly, smiling and helpful.
Note: There is a great renovation there in Croydon. Everything brand new.
Wish you all success

ISingh2008

Re: ILR Successful

Post by ISingh2008 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:20 am

mah wrote:Dear Mates,
Thank you all for your help and great support and info you provide here.
Today I had my ILR appointment and it was successful.
Arrived at 11:00
Security check,
payment
Case registration
Biometrics
Case consideration
Approval and collection
All in about 2 hours.
Fortunately I had a great experience. All the people in the UKBA I saw were friendly, smiling and helpful.
Note: There is a great renovation there in Croydon. Everything brand new.
Wish you all success
Hi mah,
Congrats for your ILR....

My case is the same as yours...I am elligible for ILR now and have my 5 years period made up of... HSMP+tier 1 + tier 1.
While filling in the Set (O) form I am getting confused if I should Tick section 11L and Do I need to submit anything extra regarding Section 11L (as it says For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.?

Can you please advise what you did about this section when you submitted your application??

I'd appreciate your response on this.

Thanks

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:48 am

Can you please help me in this reqard.

I received my ILR-Biometric Residence Permit on my old address. I can see from the leaflet that i need to report the change of address.

1- Is it required to report the change of address?
2- How can i report?
3- If change of address is not reported and we enter UK, would this create problem?

thanks

kishor_mit

Post by kishor_mit » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Found this information in the SET (O) application guide on Page 13 and 14.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What should I do if I change my address or
circumstances?

59. If you change your address before you have received your biometric residence permit, you must tell us immediately by phoning 0870 606

60. If you change your address at any time after
you have received your biometric residence permit, and you think you are likely to be at the new address for at least six months, you should tell us
by sending a fax to 020 8196 5454 or by writing
to:
UK Border Agency
Change of Address Team
11th Floor Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

61. You must tell us immediately by phoning 0870 606 7766 if:
• you change your circumstances so you no longer qualify to stay under the Immigration Rules that were in place when we gave you
permission to stay in the UK; or
• you are a student and you change your course and/or education provider (sponsor).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:59 pm

kishor_mit wrote:Found this information in the SET (O) application guide on Page 13 and 14.
What should I do if I change my address or
circumstances?

59. If you change your address before you have received your biometric residence permit, you must tell us immediately by phoning 0870 606

60. If you change your address at any time after
you have received your biometric residence permit, and you think you are likely to be at the new address for at least six months, you should tell us
by sending a fax to 020 8196 5454 or by writing
to:
UK Border Agency
Change of Address Team
11th Floor Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

61. You must tell us immediately by phoning 0870 606 7766 if:
• you change your circumstances so you no longer qualify to stay under the Immigration Rules that were in place when we gave you
permission to stay in the UK; or
• you are a student and you change your course and/or education provider (sponsor).
Thanks... There is expiry date on the card? What is this for? It would not be required but just to know is it showing that you have to replace it at expiry date or it is showing that you got stay upto expiry date and then you there is another process by which you get stay? its confusing.