ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport validity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aajam
Newly Registered

passport validity

Post by aajam » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:44 am

hi ,
i am going to apply for spouse visa for UK BUT my passport have only 9 month validity . do i need to renew my passport ? .
or if i don't have to renew and if my visa is approved how many years of visa do i get , do i only get visa untill my passport validity date???
can you plz help me and explain clearly .thank you

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

Re: passport validity

Post by Android-Guy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:51 pm

aajam wrote:hi ,
i am going to apply for spouse visa for UK BUT my passport have only 9 month validity . do i need to renew my passport ? .
or if i don't have to renew and if my visa is approved how many years of visa do i get , do i only get visa untill my passport validity date???
can you plz help me and explain clearly .thank you
Please explain what is your status and how much visa left on your current leave to remain? before someone can answer your query.

aajam
Newly Registered

Post by aajam » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:05 pm

I am currently outside UK I don't have any visa status to live in UK but my husband is British citizen n currently working in UK so I Am going to apply SpOuse visa to live together with my husband .I heard if my apllication is approved homeoffice will give 2 year visa but my passport have only 9 month validity left . Do I need to renew my passport inorder to get 2 year visa ? Or present passport is fine for 2 year visa . Thnx

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Android-Guy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am

aajam wrote:I am currently outside UK I don't have any visa status to live in UK but my husband is British citizen n currently working in UK so I Am going to apply SpOuse visa to live together with my husband .I heard if my apllication is approved homeoffice will give 2 year visa but my passport have only 9 month validity left . Do I need to renew my passport inorder to get 2 year visa ? Or present passport is fine for 2 year visa . Thnx
Your passport validity has nothing do with the Visa. Even if your passport get expired during your current leave, you can still use it with your new passport to enter UK.

aajam
Newly Registered

Post by aajam » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 am

Thank you for your help really appreciate