ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O) + DEPENDANT Success @ CROYDON 17/07/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukba2536

ILR SET (O) + DEPENDANT Success @ CROYDON 17/07/2013

Post by ukba2536 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:58 pm

HELLO EVERYONE.

THANKS TO GURUS AND MEMBERS OF THIS GREAT FORUM. HELPED ME A LOT.
MY ILR APPLICATION WAS SUCCESSFUL TODAY

I WAS ON TIER 1 GENERAL MIGRANT ( 3 + 2 YEARS)

12/08/2013 TO 24/07/2011
20/07/2011 TO 24/07/2013 ( NOTE I WAS GRANTED LESS THAN 5 YEARS)

SO I WENT FOR PEO 26 DAYS BEFORE MY 5 YEARS ANNIVERSARY.

** BOOKED PEO APPOINTMENT ONLINE AND PAID £200
INITIALLY I BOOKED FOR SHEFFIELD PEO AND RESCHEDULED TWICE BEFORE FINALISING IT TO CROYDON.

PEO APPOINTMENTS SENT ME PAYMENT CONFIRMATION LETTER FOR
SHEFFIELD APPOINTMENT AND FOR RESCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS I JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION BY EMAIL. SO I TOOK ALL EMAIL PRINTOUTS AND BANK STATEMENT SHOWING £200 WAS PAID TO UKBA.

MY APPOINTMENT WAS AT 0835, I WAS AT SECURITY BY 0750

**FIRST I FACED UKBA STAFF WHO CHECKS WHETHER WE HAVE PAID £100 FEE IN ADVANCE AFTER BOOKING APPOINTMENT IN ONLINE. I WAS HOLD FOR 10 MINS BECAUSE THEY WERE BIT CONFUSED WITH THE RESCHEDULING PROCESS. THEY ARE NOT SURE WHETHER WE CAN RESCHEDULE APPOINTMENT ONLY BEFORE 5 WORKING DAYS OF OUR APPOINTMENT DATE OR BEFORE FIVE DAYS OF OUR BOOKED APPOINTMENT DATE.

THEY CALLED PAYMENT TEAM WHO SAID MY PAYMENT HAS GONE THROUGH AND IT WAS FINE.

**SECURITY CHECKS DONE
**PAYMENT DONE BY DEBIT CARD (£2389)
**BIOMETRICS DONE BY 0840

** I SUBMITTED ALL DOCUMENTS PHOTOCOPIES AFTER PAYMENT WENT THROUGH. (I THINK IT SAVES CASEWORKER TIME AND SPEED UP UR APPLICATION)

IT TOOK ALMOST 3 HOURS FOR WHOLE PROCESS. BY 11:45 I WAS OUT OF THE BUILDING. AND NOW I'M WAITING FOR BRP CARDS.

**DIDN'T FACE CASE WORKER.

REGARDS

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: ILR SET (O) + DEPENDANT Success @ CROYDON 17/07/2013

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:48 am

Were you absent from UK in the last 5 years? If yes, what document did you submit to prove your absence?

ukba2536 wrote:HELLO EVERYONE.

THANKS TO GURUS AND MEMBERS OF THIS GREAT FORUM. HELPED ME A LOT.
MY ILR APPLICATION WAS SUCCESSFUL TODAY

I WAS ON TIER 1 GENERAL MIGRANT ( 3 + 2 YEARS)

12/08/2013 TO 24/07/2011
20/07/2011 TO 24/07/2013 ( NOTE I WAS GRANTED LESS THAN 5 YEARS)

SO I WENT FOR PEO 26 DAYS BEFORE MY 5 YEARS ANNIVERSARY.

** BOOKED PEO APPOINTMENT ONLINE AND PAID £200
INITIALLY I BOOKED FOR SHEFFIELD PEO AND RESCHEDULED TWICE BEFORE FINALISING IT TO CROYDON.

PEO APPOINTMENTS SENT ME PAYMENT CONFIRMATION LETTER FOR
SHEFFIELD APPOINTMENT AND FOR RESCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS I JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION BY EMAIL. SO I TOOK ALL EMAIL PRINTOUTS AND BANK STATEMENT SHOWING £200 WAS PAID TO UKBA.

MY APPOINTMENT WAS AT 0835, I WAS AT SECURITY BY 0750

**FIRST I FACED UKBA STAFF WHO CHECKS WHETHER WE HAVE PAID £100 FEE IN ADVANCE AFTER BOOKING APPOINTMENT IN ONLINE. I WAS HOLD FOR 10 MINS BECAUSE THEY WERE BIT CONFUSED WITH THE RESCHEDULING PROCESS. THEY ARE NOT SURE WHETHER WE CAN RESCHEDULE APPOINTMENT ONLY BEFORE 5 WORKING DAYS OF OUR APPOINTMENT DATE OR BEFORE FIVE DAYS OF OUR BOOKED APPOINTMENT DATE.

THEY CALLED PAYMENT TEAM WHO SAID MY PAYMENT HAS GONE THROUGH AND IT WAS FINE.

**SECURITY CHECKS DONE
**PAYMENT DONE BY DEBIT CARD (£2389)
**BIOMETRICS DONE BY 0840

** I SUBMITTED ALL DOCUMENTS PHOTOCOPIES AFTER PAYMENT WENT THROUGH. (I THINK IT SAVES CASEWORKER TIME AND SPEED UP UR APPLICATION)

IT TOOK ALMOST 3 HOURS FOR WHOLE PROCESS. BY 11:45 I WAS OUT OF THE BUILDING. AND NOW I'M WAITING FOR BRP CARDS.

**DIDN'T FACE CASE WORKER.

REGARDS

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 am

pgaitonde wrote:Were you absent from UK in the last 5 years? If yes, what document did you submit to prove your absence?

I had 128 days absence from UK

continuous 55 days in 2009 ( the company i worked in 2009 is not existing and TUPE'D to present company , no employer letter or references available, so i mentioned this in the covering letter briefly)

continuous 29 days in 2010
continuous 44 days in 2012

2010 and 2012 absences I provided payslips and letter from the company confirming my paid and unpaid holidays

-------------------------------------------------------------------

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks for your reply.

Is providing a letter important for the absences from the UK?

I was absent around 44 days from the UK (all holiday trips either to India or european countries) and i have worked with various employers over the past 5 years so do i need to get a letter from each employer?

Is it compulsory?
ukba2536 wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:Were you absent from UK in the last 5 years? If yes, what document did you submit to prove your absence?

I had 128 days absence from UK

continuous 55 days in 2009 ( the company i worked in 2009 is not existing and TUPE'D to present company , no employer letter or references available, so i mentioned this in the covering letter briefly)

continuous 29 days in 2010
continuous 44 days in 2012

2010 and 2012 absences I provided payslips and letter from the company confirming my paid and unpaid holidays

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:39 am

pgaitonde wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I was absent around 44 days from the UK (all holiday trips either to India or european countries) and i have worked with various employers over the past 5 years so do i need to get a letter from each employer?

Is it compulsory?
i read in this forum some got ILR without providing any absence letter from employees. some said it is fine as there will be no problem if the absences were within 180 days.

If it is not possible for you to get a letter from all your previous employers, i would suggest you to write a covering letter and provide your passport pages stamped by border security (I did same for my 2009 absences).

And you have only 44 days in 5 years i think i wont be an issue

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 am

Thanks again for your reply.

By providing a letter with in and out dates be enough? Will they accept it? Did they check your letter?
ukba2536 wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Is it compulsory?
i read in this forum some got ILR without providing any absence letter from employees. some said it is fine as there will be no problem if the absences were within 180 days.

If it is not possible for you to get a letter from all your previous employers, i would suggest you to write a covering letter and provide your passport pages stamped by border security (I did same for my 2009 absences).

And you have only 44 days in 5 years i think i wont be an issue

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:08 am

pgaitonde wrote:Thanks again for your reply.

By providing a letter with in and out dates be enough? Will they accept it? Did they check your letter?
I just provided all documents and photocopies with the covering letter, i have no idea which documents were checked by them

I haven't met the case worker. after 3 hrs of my documents submission. they called me to collect the documents.

------------------------------------------

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 am

ukba2536 wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:Thanks again for your reply.

I just provided all documents and photocopies with the covering letter, i have no idea which documents were checked by them

I haven't met the case worker. after 3 hrs of my documents submission. they called me to collect the documents.

------------------------------------------
Last year when i visited PEO CRoydon the process was that they check your letter at the ground floor, first floor u pay the fees, then a case worker calls you and ask for forms and relevant docs, in the mean time they take your biometrics and at the end of all they tell you the decision. Is this now been changed?

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am

Last year when i visited PEO CRoydon the process was that they check your letter at the ground floor, first floor u pay the fees, then a case worker calls you and ask for forms and relevant docs, in the mean time they take your biometrics and at the end of all they tell you the decision. Is this now been changed?
I have no idea what their old process was.
this is how my case was dealt with..

1. security checks---1st floor
2. payment page and PEO appointment fee (£200) confirmation checks in 1st floor and token number given. and sent us to 3rd floor waiting area. wait for your token number announcement on tannoy or check the screens
3. called in for payment ( counter 7)
4. sent to counter 9 for photograph checks and full payment checks
5. sent to counter 34 for biometrics
here i handed all documents and photocopies

around 11:40 they called my token number to go to counter 43 for documents collection

Hope it clears your queries :)

pavan_fb

Post by pavan_fb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:29 am

Hi ukba2536,

Firstly Congrats on your ILR, Could you list the documents you shown for cohabitation, also were you asked by Caseworker about holiday duration payslips or have you shown it yourself?

Thanks,
Pav

ukba2536

Post by ukba2536 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:18 pm

pavan_fb wrote:Hi ukba2536,

Firstly Congrats on your ILR, Could you list the documents you shown for cohabitation, also were you asked by Caseworker about holiday duration payslips or have you shown it yourself?

Thanks,
Pav

Thanks Pavan,

cohab documents covering for two years

* letters from my GP
* council tax letter ( showing my name and my wife name)
* poll cards
* water bill ( showing my name and my wife name)
* npower ( my wife name)
* virgin media ( my name)
* T-mobile bills ( my name)
* Letters from NHS during my wife pregnancy
* child birth certificate
* marriage certificate
* Letters from UKBA when we had second extension
* my credit card, bank statements
* dependent bank statements

Myself provided Payslips to support my documentation.

*** I haven't faced case worker

----------------------------------------------------