ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC from EU route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

BC from EU route

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 am

a friend of mine is married to an EU national since 2003

Both living in the UK since then. They don't live together anymore but still legally married

Can my friend non eu national apply for BC ? bear in mind he never applied for PR. His resident card ( family member of eu national ) expired in early 2009

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BC from EU route

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 am

askmeplz82 wrote:a friend of mine is married to an EU national since 2003

Both living in the UK since then. They don't live together anymore but still legally married

Can my friend non eu national apply for BC ? bear in mind he never applied for PR. His resident card ( family member of eu national ) expired in early 2009
If the person was exercising treaty rights for 5 years then that person has permanent residency. Providing they have not been out the UK for 2 or more years they should be able to apply to naturalise providing they meet the other standard requirements (click). The person will need to supply documents to prove they have PR as they do not have a PR card.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.