ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:09 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:
Smiggy wrote:I did not supply any Sype conversations or reciepts of phone cards because we used a service called Planet Numbers to credit our phones where we can make calls overseas at cheap rates.

So, I hope I am not penalised because of that. Anyone else who did not provide such documents?
did u provide any bills showing your calls itemized made to your partner ?

i-e time, date, cost. number which u called .

it is a big plus if you have been apart from each other , and a proof of subsisting relation.

similarly skype video and chat screen shots , emails , facebook chats etc ...
She doesn't have the net and such calls are not logged via the Planet Numbers service. On my phone bill all it shows is how I sent an SMS to them not a reference of the call itself.

The way it works you send an SMS to them, you get an acknowledgement and your SIM gets credited and then you ring their number to initiate the service then dial the overseas number.

Sweet786

Post by Sweet786 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm not sure if my husband submitted any Skype calls and emails I hope he did as that would make case stronger.

For instance if u have not submitted those can they refuse the visa just on that bases??

Also does anyone know what ur salary should be??

I only sent 7 months worth of payslips and bank statements I hope that's enough!!!

Inshallah

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Just like smiggy I did not supply any Skype, phone or any chat etc In other words nothing to assist the ECO in trems of convincing him/her of our subsisting relationship. I did not know that it was an important thing to do but now reading this forum I understand I made a mistake I just pray and hope it wont cause a problem.

abidabzhussain do you know or have you heard anyone who has been solely refused on not providing subsisting relationship evidence. I'm now getting very anxious coz my wife had already been refused last year due to my salary falling below the threshold.

could you please also tell me abidabszhussain whether by law BHC has to point out all the refusal reasons for example salary below threshold, not enough evidence of a subsisting relationship etc or do they just have to list out one refusal point and that's it.
I wait for response from anyone on this. Thank you

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 pm

To sweet786...As far as I understood you only had to submit 6 months payslips which is half a year. This will enable the ECO to clearly work out what your spouse's salary is, i.e 1550 a month and six month would be 9300 and therefore 12 months salary would be 18600 which is the minimum threshold if there aren't any children.

Sumera90

Post by Sumera90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:37 pm

zahabiya wrote:people ALHUMDULILAH visa has been granted today :D

Application submitted on Islamabad VAC=20/05/2013
Application under process at BHC = 03/06/2013
Ready for collection= 18/07/2013
Congrats :)
Application submitted on:19/4/2013
Application fwd to BHC:19/4/2013
Under process:3/5/2013
RFC: 2nd August
Visa granted all thanks to all mighty Allah :D

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:41 pm

Smiggy wrote:
abidabzhussain wrote:
Smiggy wrote:I did not supply any Sype conversations or reciepts of phone cards because we used a service called Planet Numbers to credit our phones where we can make calls overseas at cheap rates.

So, I hope I am not penalised because of that. Anyone else who did not provide such documents?
did u provide any bills showing your calls itemized made to your partner ?

i-e time, date, cost. number which u called .

it is a big plus if you have been apart from each other , and a proof of subsisting relation.

similarly skype video and chat screen shots , emails , facebook chats etc ...
She doesn't have the net and such calls are not logged via the Planet Numbers service. On my phone bill all it shows is how I sent an SMS to them not a reference of the call itself.

The way it works you send an SMS to them, you get an acknowledgement and your SIM gets credited and then you ring their number to initiate the service then dial the overseas number.
I didnt supply any calls because on my skyoe they kept deleting so it wudnt show a log...however i supplied 2 months worth of whatsapp transcript... it was like 800 pages long... thts wat me and husband use bcs mst of the time his at uni and nt at hme so cnt use the internet..

arsum1516

Post by arsum1516 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Gettin stressed now.... Is bank statements a big thing I only supplied about 4 months but wage slips I gave 7 months... Allah khair
Applied Islamabad VAC : 15/05/13
Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 15/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC : 29/05/13
RFC and Collection:15/08/13
Outcome: Visa Accepted Mashallah!!!!!
Visa Stamped:13/08/2013

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:55 pm

tallojani wrote:Just like smiggy I did not supply any Skype, phone or any chat etc In other words nothing to assist the ECO in trems of convincing him/her of our subsisting relationship. I did not know that it was an important thing to do but now reading this forum I understand I made a mistake I just pray and hope it wont cause a problem.

abidabzhussain do you know or have you heard anyone who has been solely refused on not providing subsisting relationship evidence. I'm now getting very anxious coz my wife had already been refused last year due to my salary falling below the threshold.

could you please also tell me abidabszhussain whether by law BHC has to point out all the refusal reasons for example salary below threshold, not enough evidence of a subsisting relationship etc or do they just have to list out one refusal point and that's it.
Just some input, did you not provide anything at all to prove your relationship, like not even normal phone calls or bills or whatsapp or texts? A friend of mine was refused solely for not providing enough evidence about the credibility of their relationship but she did appeal and is still waiting to hear back... But if you have given some evidence to show your a couple etc then i am sure they will not refuse you solely on that.. ALTHOUGH it would be best to show calls/whatsapp/mails and make case stronger

Secondly, yes BHD does have to point out all reasons for refusal but may i tell you they are very unclear and vague about the reason they refuse. I have been refused once due to shortage of wage slips and bank statements and they were very unclear in their letter. Another friend of mine was refused for various reasons and they did point out every point of refusal reason in her letter.

Hope this helps.. But have faith in Allah only Allah knows the outcome.
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 pm

arsum1516 wrote:Gettin stressed now.... Is bank statements a big thing I only supplied about 4 months but wage slips I gave 7 months... Allah khair
Personally sis i would say yes.. i was refused before hand due to not having corresponding bank statements with my wages....

But Allah khair kare
Applied online 15/9/15

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 pm

I didnt supply any calls because on my skyoe they kept deleting so it wudnt show a log...however i supplied 2 months worth of whatsapp transcript... it was like 800 pages long... thts wat me and husband use bcs mst of the time his at uni and nt at hme so cnt use the internet..[/quote]

Sameena i am the same my skype calls kept getting deleted but somehow husband managed to get them.. i used alot of whatsapp messages too its one of the most popular methods of communication for abroad now. So it should be fine...
Applied online 15/9/15

zahabiya
Newly Registered

Post by zahabiya » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Smiggy wrote:
zahabiya wrote:
Smiggy wrote:
zahabiya wrote:
yes it was an spouse settlement visa
What do you mean by accommodation papers?

Wow, your application was approved so quickly. My application date is 26/03/2013.

Amazing how the people who applied later had their applications approved so soon.
Accomodation papers mean papers of the property or a house where you and your spouse will live in uk

Good luck for your visa :)
We've covered that.

What's Copy of Orignal CNIC and IELTS certificate(6.5 band)?

The English test?
IELTS(international English Language Testing system) test is the kind of a English test and I have got 6.5 band on that test

and CNIC is national identity card which is not a requirement ukba but I just provided it for a safe side.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:01 pm

HELLO786 wrote:I didnt supply any calls because on my skyoe they kept deleting so it wudnt show a log...however i supplied 2 months worth of whatsapp transcript... it was like 800 pages long... thts wat me and husband use bcs mst of the time his at uni and nt at hme so cnt use the internet..
Sameena i am the same my skype calls kept getting deleted but somehow husband managed to get them.. i used alot of whatsapp messages too its one of the most popular methods of communication for abroad now. So it should be fine...[/quote]

Skype is strange lol..

How long did ur 1st application take??

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:
HELLO786 wrote:I didnt supply any calls because on my skyoe they kept deleting so it wudnt show a log...however i supplied 2 months worth of whatsapp transcript... it was like 800 pages long... thts wat me and husband use bcs mst of the time his at uni and nt at hme so cnt use the internet..
Sameena i am the same my skype calls kept getting deleted but somehow husband managed to get them.. i used alot of whatsapp messages too its one of the most popular methods of communication for abroad now. So it should be fine...
Skype is strange lol..

How long did ur 1st application take??[/quote]

Just 2 n a half months! :( this time taking ages though
But after we had submitted we then instantly had realised our mistake about the wage slips n bank statements but it was too late then, so we were prepared for the refusal
Applied online 15/9/15

zahabiya
Newly Registered

Post by zahabiya » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm

And guys don't worry about contact evidences if u have provided the wedding pictures and the solid proof is your certified nikkah nama so they can't refuse your visa only on the behalf of phone bills and Skype conversations
if you provided Skype calls and phone bills,it can be your plus point and make your case strong but these evidences are not must.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Beshak Allah swt knows best..

No I didn't supply nothing phone bills wud have turned out pointless because I stopped using calling card 2 years ago so phone bills wudnt have shown anything. Skype records i.e screen shots etc I just completely forget to gain..

Similarly in our last attempt I didn't supply nothing in terms of evidence of subsisting relationship and they refuse solely on income threshold, whereas they could have had the decency to tell me look mate yur salary ain't enough and plus yu havnt shown any subsisting evidence but No they just said salary threshold is below our requirements by £571.

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:07 pm

tallojani wrote:Beshak Allah swt knows best..

No I didn't supply nothing phone bills wud have turned out pointless because I stopped using calling card 2 years ago so phone bills wudnt have shown anything. Skype records i.e screen shots etc I just completely forget to gain..

Similarly in our last attempt I didn't supply nothing in terms of evidence of subsisting relationship and they refuse solely on income threshold, whereas they could have had the decency to tell me look mate yur salary ain't enough and plus yu havnt shown any subsisting evidence but No they just said salary threshold is below our requirements by £571.
Well if they didnt say anything last time then i am sure it must not have been a big issue, ofcourse it would be a stronger case if you had but i really dout they will refuse on that reason if they didnt mention it before. As long as you gave photos and nikkah evidence etc.
Applied online 15/9/15

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

tallojani wrote:Just like smiggy I did not supply any Skype, phone or any chat etc In other words nothing to assist the ECO in trems of convincing him/her of our subsisting relationship. I did not know that it was an important thing to do but now reading this forum I understand I made a mistake I just pray and hope it wont cause a problem.

The reason we didn't is because I went to Pakistan, met her and married her three days later. So a real traditional transition minus any pre-engagement juncture.

I believe the Skype conversations and phone card reciepts is to determine you were getting to know your partner prior to marriage as most people submit the application right after the wedding to strengthen their case that it was a genuine marriage. All is readiness to submit right after the Walima.

The key things must that you meet the financial criteria and ensure you convince the officer it was not a marriage of convenience.

aleena1
Newly Registered

Post by aleena1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Congratulations to all who have recieved their visas.

Best of luck to those who have recieved their rfc.

Plz pray for me as well

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:17 pm

submitted all the other documents in order, now just hoping for best.

Has anyone been refused because there salary was slightly less then the criteria?

I think I made a correct decision by not appealing and waited 6 months fulfilled the financial criteria and re submitted a fresh application showing 6 payslips with correspondent bank statements.

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:18 pm

HELLO786 wrote:

Just some input, did you not provide anything at all to prove your relationship, like not even normal phone calls or bills or whatsapp or texts? A friend of mine was refused solely for not providing enough evidence about the credibility of their relationship but she did appeal and is still waiting to hear back... But if you have given some evidence to show your a couple etc then i am sure they will not refuse you solely on that.. ALTHOUGH it would be best to show calls/whatsapp/mails and make case stronger

Secondly, yes BHD does have to point out all reasons for refusal but may i tell you they are very unclear and vague about the reason they refuse. I have been refused once due to shortage of wage slips and bank statements and they were very unclear in their letter. Another friend of mine was refused for various reasons and they did point out every point of refusal reason in her letter.

Hope this helps.. But have faith in Allah only Allah knows the outcome.
If a wedding video is provided along with professional pictures it'd be daft for them to claim the marriage was not genuine.

I wonder if one can still provide evidence even after the application has been submitted?

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:25 pm

[/quote]

If a wedding video is provided along with professional pictures it'd be daft for them to claim the marriage was not genuine.

I wonder if one can still provide evidence even after the application has been submitted?[/quote]

they dont take cds or movies ...

and providing pictures is the best option. showing big family around you helps ...
plus send pictures other then wedding.. like pre-post wedding snaps , honeymoon snaps and casual ones....

any correspondence on skype , video calls screen shots , etc , viber whatsapp , emails , itemized mobile bill history they all help as far as subsisting relationship is concerned.

Last edited by abidabzhussain on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

arsum1516

Post by arsum1516 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:25 pm

They don't accept movies my hubby went to accept n they said take d film back!
Applied Islamabad VAC : 15/05/13
Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 15/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC : 29/05/13
RFC and Collection:15/08/13
Outcome: Visa Accepted Mashallah!!!!!
Visa Stamped:13/08/2013

aleena1
Newly Registered

Post by aleena1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:27 pm

On the ukba website it's states don't add in wedding cd, submit wedding photos and any other photos which has both the couple.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

arsum1516 wrote:Gettin stressed now.... Is bank statements a big thing I only supplied about 4 months but wage slips I gave 7 months... Allah khair
lets hope your ECO is impressed with your paperwork and presentation and he shows flexibility in requirements of 6 statements.

i know a few solicitors/agents who still advise to send only 3 payslips/bank statements.

happened to my cousin too.. the guy was so called family solicitor , all applications before new rules were gone through him , so they did not double check anything other then what he said to include.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes cases have been refused on grounds of lack of evidence in regards to subsisting relationship ( where less proof is provided and couple are away from each other have nothing to show how they kept in touch )

but in your case , if they did not refuse you before on this ground then means they are ok with your relationship side of application and are more focused on financial stuff.

but just to be on safe side its better to provide them with everything you got. they love refusing.

and yes they point out each point on which they are refusing , brief or in detail depends.

some ECOS like to give refusal in Short , i-e from the evidence you give i am not convinced hence refusing you

and some other ECOS would be more detailed like ,

as you are married , i cannot see any evidence of how you kept in touch with each other while in different countries , you have not make any effort to see each other in this much time etc blah blah ,

just like how 2 different people would have different ways of expressing.

Last edited by abidabzhussain on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.