ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Navsandeep
Newly Registered

Surrender certificate

Post by Navsandeep » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:43 pm

We live in south wales and have to travel to india urgently. I realised that have not surrender my indian passport since BC in january this year.

Ouch, too late for 90 day rule!

Now could some one help with my query. This forum seems t suggest that going to london personally may be quicker to get the SC.

However, we live in wales, would that be a problem.

The website is quite evasive. It says

"Applications will be accepted on all working days (Monday – Friday except public holidays) from 0830 hrs to 1430 hrs only at any of our India Visa Application Centres"

I know they work according to some form of jurisdiction. But is this for visa or everything. Otherwise our nearest one is cardiff but they may be too slow.

Thank you for your replies, will be grateful

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:39 pm

It appears that for passport surrender you can submit at any VAC. Submitting in Cardiff won't be too slow. Might just add a day or two. But if you are in real rush to get to India then use the Indian passport and pay the penalty.

This is not the correct forum for this kind of questions. Mods will move your thread to correct forum.