ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

winners

Re: Thanks for keeping us posted

Post by winners » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:11 pm

ali90 wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Hi All,

Congrats to Maud. wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

@Ali90, thanks for getting back to us. Disappointing as it may sound but all is not lost. Does your sister have any school reports to make up for the unaccounted years?, if not those records are obtainable. Anything you can get hold of be would be helpful to add to your list of supporting documents
At this rate I fear the enforcement team will be inheriting the backlog, "a terrible case of passing the buck on"

Tell your sister not panic, if you can afford a solicitor go and see one, if not the citizens advice bureau is a good starting point they will point you in the right direction.

yes she went school in 2003 aswell we rang the school but they said the school had paper system that time so they are not able to find any proof of anyone if they went to school or not. so its not our fault.

and on top of that sometimes the ukba say to us that how we was able to study we not allowed access to education and then they want us to prove stuff :| how can we prove something if they say we not allowed to use it. either let us access education and other stuff then ask for proofs or dont let us use anything and dont ask for any proof
I think school records and supporting letters is one of the best ways to prove your sister's in uk from what time to what time plus Gp supporting letters details regular visit , Even if you are fortunate to have best solicitor they still need these letter.
Best of luck.
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:11 pm

maud32 wrote:Application sent: 21/06/13
Acknowledgment letter:24/06/13
Biometrics letter : 25/06/13
Biometrics done:4/07/13
Granted: 3 years 18/07/13
Congrats and enjoy your freedom!

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:12 pm

@Ali90, thanks for getting back to us. Disappointing as it may sound but all is not lost. Does your sister have any school reports to make up for the unaccounted years?, if not those records are obtainable. Anything you can get hold of be would be helpful to add to your list of supporting documents
At this rate I fear the enforcement team will be inheriting the backlog, "a terrible case of passing the buck on"

Tell your sister not panic, if you can afford a solicitor go and see one, if not the citizens advice bureau is a good starting point they will point you in the right direction.
Thanx dear.....our God is a good God

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 pm

winners wrote:
ali90 wrote:

yes she went school in 2003 aswell we rang the school but they said the school had paper system that time so they are not able to find any proof of anyone if they went to school or not. so its not our fault.

and on top of that sometimes the ukba say to us that how we was able to study we not allowed access to education and then they want us to prove stuff :| how can we prove something if they say we not allowed to use it. either let us access education and other stuff then ask for proofs or dont let us use anything and dont ask for any proof
I think school records and supporting letters is one of the best ways to prove your sister's in uk from what time to what time plus Gp supporting letters details regular visit , Even if you are fortunate to have best solicitor they still need these letter.
Best of luck.
can get lots of supporting letters to prove she been here and also to prove links in uk . she never used to make visit to gps that much because she hardly had any health problems. even now she hardly goes

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello everyone, I've just got a bad news My application have been refused. I have not receive the reasons from the solicitor . I will go and see her on Tuesday.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:12 pm

astro123 wrote:Hello everyone, I've just got a bad news My application have been refused. I have not receive the reasons from the solicitor . I will go and see her on Tuesday.
.wow.am sorry pal.don't give up pls.i hope they give u appeal right

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 pm

astro123 wrote:Hello everyone, I've just got a bad news My application have been refused. I have not receive the reasons from the solicitor . I will go and see her on Tuesday.
Wow so sorry to hear about your refusal. Pls could you update us on the conditions for refusal? The Good lord above never sleeps. I believe you will be granted by God's eternal grace.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Keep fighting

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Astro123 commiserations dear friend, it's a minor step backward for a giant leap forward. Strange things are going on at the HO, people with British partners and British kids are being refused??? Doesn't make sense something is amiss! I think the senior case workers just endorse these decisions without carefully checking them. They should either be sacked or docked wages for every incorrect decision they endorse!!!!! perhaps it's time we named and shamed them for their bigoted-ness.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:33 pm

ali90 wrote:
winners wrote:
ali90 wrote:

Best of luck.
can get lots of supporting letters to prove she been here and also to prove links in uk . she never used to make visit to gps that much because she hardly had any health problems. even now she hardly goes
To my understanding and research and also testimonies from other forum users, when HO asks for proof, you stand a better chance with letter headed letters from professional bodies. Not friends and family. This makes her existence firm. With the 2 from GP and mosque, that will get you nowhere and also you need to find a suitable solicitor that can point you in the right direction. Seeking advice never hurts at all.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:36 pm

A huge congratulations to you. Seem like God is moving like a wind this week. Welcome to the promise land and enjoy your earned freedom!! :)

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Daniel97 wrote:Flro
Sent 14/06/12
Bio 31/07/12
Granted today
3yrs Extension
British wife
3 British children
I have been following this forum since last year June
Congrats enjoy ur freedom

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Congrts Maud32.

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Sarah06 wrote:
Congrts Maud32.
Thanx dear.... Imagine the whole process was less than a month

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:31 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
A huge congratulations to you. Seem like God is moving like a wind this week. Welcome to the promise land and enjoy your earned freedom!! :)

Thanx dear.......God does wonders . Less than a month luv

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm

maud32 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Thanx dear.......God does wonders . Less than a month luv
hello maud32.is it a fresh application?.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:34 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
ali90 wrote:
winners wrote:
ali90 wrote:

Best of luck.
To my understanding and research and also testimonies from other forum users, when HO asks for proof, you stand a better chance with letter headed letters from professional bodies. Not friends and family. This makes her existence firm. With the 2 from GP and mosque, that will get you nowhere and also you need to find a suitable solicitor that can point you in the right direction. Seeking advice never hurts at all.
well we dont have any other proof for mid 01 till mid 03. the only proof is from letter headed letter from mosque, official letter from gp showing she registered there , dont have school record because that school started school records on computer from 2004 but she went to that school in 2003. but even from mid 03 till now 13 thats 10 years and she isnt 20 yet so it should still be more than half life continious.

munirabid
Member of Standing

asylum

Post by munirabid » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:40 pm

hi all friends

here is my time line
claimed asylum april 2012
asylum interview in May 2012

still waiting for asylum initial decision
aplied for permission to work on 20th june 2013 still no response from Case worker.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello Maud32, could I ask you what was your status before you applied. The reason is I have just been refused even though I have British partner and British child. I do not know the reason because I have not receive it from my solicitor and I am thinking of reapplying. Your responds will be very much appreciated. thanks

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:08 pm

On monday my mp rang homeoffice to ask if they can return the passports of my 2 british daughters,after all homeoffice has their passport for the past 9 and a half months and my kids have a life aswel. Today I got a email from my mp stating that the homeoffice rang them and the passports as been despatch and they gave me a tracking number. I'm just hoping its not only the passport they despatched I hope its good news also. And if they only return the passports alone I'm hoping by next week I hear good news.

I'm the primary carer for all my kids. And I'm sure ukba doesn't wana split my family up 2 british citizen kids,son that was born here is 10,and a 1 year old daughter and I have been in uk since the age of 14.

Does anyone have been in this situation where they request back the sponser or kids passport and instead get a decision. Sometime lastweek when I rang the guy told me a decision wasn't made yet but they are working on it. Application is with a casrworker when I requested back my daughter passports and 2 weeks ago they told ombudsman that they would be doing a urgent consideration on my application, so I don't know if its because my mp contact them hopefully a decision comes soon.

GodsGrace12
Newly Registered

Post by GodsGrace12 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

i've been a guest on this page for a while now checking updates on people's progress and i'd like to say congrats to everyone who's gotten their visas , for those that were refused, don't give up , God will continue to be there for you, and it will be good news by His Grace.

i got refused today for an flr o, i applied last Apr 2012 after being in the country since June 2000 illegally, i was given a 6 months DLR in Dec 2011, on my 1st application and this was for an extension, the reason they gave for my refusal was that i was not between over 18 and 25 at the time of application, i also had a conviction in June 2011 for driving offences, all in all, i have been told with my letter that i have 10 days to appeal the decision, i'm still given right to work while the process goes on,i have my family here in UK with me (Mum, brother, sister and niece all citizens) and my fiancee also a citizen and we've been together for 4 years, i spoke to my solicitor and he said the reasons for refusal in the letter were very vague and the tribunal should likely dismiss it, i'm a little bit deflated but i believe that God will see me through.

astro123

Post by astro123 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:44 pm

I am really sorry for your refusal Godgrace12 for your refusal. I was also refuse today. I do not know how these people are deciding the applications. They have made rules but and requirement but it seems they are not following them. I am very sure that God will make a way where there seems to be no way. As for me I am going to fight till the end. I am not going to leave my kid here and go.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm

sanny26 wrote:On monday my mp rang homeoffice to ask if they can return the passports of my 2 british daughters,after all homeoffice has their passport for the past 9 and a half months and my kids have a life aswel. Today I got a email from my mp stating that the homeoffice rang them and the passports as been despatch and they gave me a tracking number. I'm just hoping its not only the passport they despatched I hope its good news also. And if they only return the passports alone I'm hoping by next week I hear good news.

I'm the primary carer for all my kids. And I'm sure ukba doesn't wana split my family up 2 british citizen kids,son that was born here is 10,and a 1 year old daughter and I have been in uk since the age of 14.

Does anyone have been in this situation where they request back the sponser or kids passport and instead get a decision. Sometime lastweek when I rang the guy told me a decision wasn't made yet but they are working on it. Application is with a casrworker when I requested back my daughter passports and 2 weeks ago they told ombudsman that they would be doing a urgent consideration on my application, so I don't know if its because my mp contact them hopefully a decision comes soon.
I guess someone who was granted said when they make decisions they don't update their system straight away. I believe your answer to your prayers is on the way. So you got a few hours till you make that postman a wonderful cup of ice tea :)

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:54 pm

GodsGrace12 wrote:Hi Everyone,

i've been a guest on this page for a while now checking updates on people's progress and i'd like to say congrats to everyone who's gotten their visas , for those that were refused, don't give up , God will continue to be there for you, and it will be good news by His Grace.

i got refused today for an flr o, i applied last Apr 2012 after being in the country since June 2000 illegally, i was given a 6 months DLR in Dec 2011, on my 1st application and this was for an extension, the reason they gave for my refusal was that i was not between over 18 and 25 at the time of application, i also had a conviction in June 2011 for driving offences, all in all, i have been told with my letter that i have 10 days to appeal the decision, i'm still given right to work while the process goes on,i have my family here in UK with me (Mum, brother, sister and niece all citizens) and my fiancee also a citizen and we've been together for 4 years, i spoke to my solicitor and he said the reasons for refusal in the letter were very vague and the tribunal should likely dismiss it, i'm a little bit deflated but i believe that God will see me through.
Welcome to the forum Godgrace and sorry for the refusal. I don't understand why you were refused when you had discretional leave in the first place.
Well thank God you were giving a right to appeal.
That decision will be overturned surely.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Was the refusal just based on the age and the driving offence or any other outlined reason. I guess the new law on non-declaration of offences did not apply to you when you applied?

GodsGrace12
Newly Registered

Post by GodsGrace12 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Time503 wrote:

Welcome to the forum Godgrace and sorry for the refusal. I don't understand why you were refused when you had discretional leave in the first place.
Well thank God you were giving a right to appeal.
That decision will be overturned surely.
Thank you so much Time503, i believe God is in control and He will bring good news by His Grace