ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Fee Structure and Payment via Credit Card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohan76

New Fee Structure and Payment via Credit Card

Post by mohan76 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Friends,
thanks to all of you for ur advise.

Be aware that , it's compulsory to use NEW HSMP FORM and New Fee Structure is 400 pound.

Friends
I need one more help from all of you - My documents are ready and i have filled in the NEW HSMP form too alongwith the credit card details which they have asked.......but I am still confused :roll: when this payment has to be done........i mean after sending the documents or we have to do the payment online in some website and then send the documents or how it is done..........sorry i am totally blank about this and also guideline does not tell much on this.......can anybody share their experience.....

thanks in advance and eagerly awaiting for ur replies since this is the last step for my application.......then i can take breath to normal.

thanks mohan

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Wed May 09, 2007 1:44 pm

i had replied for this but don't where the reply is gone.

Mohan,

HO people will charge your card. u just make sure you have filled all the details correctly.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Wed May 09, 2007 1:46 pm

Mohan,

You have to fill all the details regarding the payment through credit card or cheque or postal order under the payment section on the form and the payment has to be made along with the application and not later. Your application is processed only when your payment go through. I have some weird experience making payment through credit card so I would want to be sure of some things before using credit card (sorry if I am stating the obvious!!)
1. Make sure you sign on the box provided in the Payment Section of the form
2. Make sure that you have enough credit limit on the card you are paying through
3. Make sure you can transact foreign currency transaction on the card you are using.

Hope that helps!!

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Thu May 10, 2007 9:00 am

Hi,

I have one more Query ... which i have asked earlier and also to HSMP ...

just confirming ... can i fill my frnds credit card detail in the HSMP form where payment details need to be filled????

cheers!!!
Twisha

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:48 am

Hi Friends
Thanks a lot for ur suggestions and advise.

I have ICICI Credit Card (VISA) and the credit limit is also very good.

I am aware that VISA cards can be used for foreign currency transaction but for being double sure, does anybody know whether this is valid for foreign currency transaction.

and also one peculiar doubt.....they have asked for Issue No and CVV No of the card. I understood the CVV no which is on the rear side of the card but not very sure about Issue No. Is it the small font number just given before the start of the Valid thro date and given in the front side of the card ONLY.

Help me friends.........thanks in advance
mohan

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Thu May 10, 2007 2:33 pm

Mohan,

I had also used ICICI VISA card. The issue number is not required for you. it is reqd only for UK Maestro card.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu May 10, 2007 2:41 pm

hsmpTry, you can use your friend's credit card to pay for your HSMP Fee. I have done that as well. But I would again say that just make sure there is enough credit and also that it can be used for international transactions. If there is any sort of doubt call up customer care and inquire.

Yes even I have not filled any issue number when I applied for my HSMP.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:17 pm

Thanks a ton dear aprilhsmp and ashekt.

Ya , parallely i checked up with customer care and they also advised the same. But one more thing i learnt was, they charge 3.5% of the total amount as Foreign Currency Transaction Charge. That's again little more then 1000 bucks.

Aprilhsmp.......u used ICICI visa card.......how much they charged?

And friends, any idea about this Country Code asked in the HSMP FORM. I am sure it can't be "D" since that is country band and they have asked that seperately.

can anybody help?

bani

Post by bani » Thu May 10, 2007 4:45 pm

mohan76 wrote:Thanks a ton dear aprilhsmp and ashekt.

Ya , parallely i checked up with customer care and they also advised the same. But one more thing i learnt was, they charge 3.5% of the total amount as Foreign Currency Transaction Charge. That's again little more then 1000 bucks.

Aprilhsmp.......u used ICICI visa card.......how much they charged?

And friends, any idea about this Country Code asked in the HSMP FORM. I am sure it can't be "D" since that is country band and they have asked that seperately.

can anybody help?
You can find your country code here:
http://www.bcpl.net/~j1m5path/isocodes.html

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Thu May 10, 2007 8:07 pm

ICICI card charged me Rs. 34,880.93. That time conversion rate was somewhere between 88 to 86 rs. So I am not sure if it included foreign transaction fees ot not.