ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Employer for UK ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rroy111
Newly Registered

Letter from Employer for UK ILR

Post by rroy111 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:16 am

All,
The SET O form for ILR application states that I need to furnish a letter from employer stating the following -

1. I am still required in this role
2. My SOC code and that my salary is more than the minimum level stated by UKBA
4. My leaves so far were in line with my allowed annual leave policy (i.e., there was no unauthorised leaves)

My employer has got all the details as they only applied for my BRP last year. However it seems my employer has a standard policy when giving an employee reference.

It pretty much states that it is the policy of the company to standardise information we provide on this matter. It states employee number <> is employed with us since <date> at this position and employee's current address as per company records.

They have a further statement that if you have any queries please mail us at <company mail id>.

DO you think this will be good enough for the UK ILR application?

Really looking forward to hear back from people who have recently done this or have knowledge on this.

Ofcourse I will be carrying all my payslips and company e-mails showing all my holidays were approved and were paid holidays.

selva

Re: Letter from Employer for UK ILR

Post by selva » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 am

rroy111 wrote:All,
The SET O form for ILR application states that I need to furnish a letter from employer stating the following -

4. My leaves so far were in line with my allowed annual leave policy (i.e., there was no unauthorised leaves)

My employer has got all the details as they only applied for my BRP last year. However it seems my employer has a standard policy when giving an employee reference.

It pretty much states that it is the policy of the company to standardise information we provide on this matter. It states employee number <> is employed with us since <date> at this position and employee's current address as per company records.

They have a further statement that if you have any queries please mail us at <company mail id>.

Really looking forward to hear back from people who have recently done this or have knowledge on this.

Ofcourse I will be carrying all my payslips and company e-mails showing all my holidays were approved and were paid holidays.

No. please check the ILR section and look for work permit holder

rroy111
Newly Registered

Post by rroy111 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi Selva,
thanks for the reply but can you please explain? I did see the work permit section and these are the details requested, which I mentioned in my post.

my question is do they strictly need the letter with that information or wll they accept a standard letter from employer- the employer will of course clarify and provide more details if UKBA asks for.

anybody who have gone recently can please share their experiences kindly....

seekar
Newly Registered

Re: Letter from Employer for UK ILR

Post by seekar » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:34 pm

rroy111 wrote:All,

Please advice if you got a resolution to this?

selva

Post by selva » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:41 pm

rroy111 wrote:Hi Selva,
thanks for the reply but can you please explain? I did see the work permit section and these are the details requested, which I mentioned in my post.

my question is do they strictly need the letter with that information or wll they accept a standard letter from employer- the employer will of course clarify and provide more details if UKBA asks for.

anybody who have gone recently can please share their experiences kindly....
see the post below, standard letter is not enough
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413