ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant to ILR (2 year completed)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mat101
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant to ILR (2 year completed)

Post by mat101 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 am

Dear all,

Sorry for possibly repeated message.

I got ILR in November 2012 (via HSMP/Tier-1 route). At that time, wife didn't completed 2 years, so we applied PBS dependant and she got 3 years visa.

Now, her 2 year perioud is completed. Just want to know which form should we use to apply for ILR and what documents are required? Are they the same document list that we used for PBS dependant or they are same to FLR requirement, long list.

If there is anyone recently gone through the same process, kindly do share your experience and suggestions.

Best regards
M@t
Last edited by mat101 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependant to ILR (2 year completed)

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

mat101 wrote:Dear all,

Sorry for possibly repeated message.

I got ILR in November 2012. At that time, wife didn't completed 2 years, so we applied PBS dependant and she got 3 years visa.

Now, her 2 year perioud is completed. Just want to know which form should we use to apply for ILR and what documents are required? Are they the same document list that we used for PBS dependant or they are same to FLR requirement, long list.

If there is anyone recently gone through the same process, kindly do share your experience and suggestions.

Best regards
M@t
If you qualified for settlement as a PBS applicant, your spouse would apply on form set(o).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mat101
Newly Registered

Post by mat101 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:31 am

Dear guru,

Thanks for your reply.

She is now eligible for settlement/ILR. Just to elaborate, I got my ILR after spending 5 years on HSMP/Tier-1.

The only confusion is the document and English test. Can you kindly provide some information about the documents requirement for SET(O) form when applying as PBS dependant.

Cheers
M@t

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 pm

For settlement she would have to satisfy the KOLL requirement, namely the Life in the UK test or equivalent.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 pm

hello can you please give me list of documents you have submitted with your wife ILR application?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:36 pm

mat101 wrote:Dear members,

My wife currently has PBS Dependant Visa. I got my ILR last year (Nov 2012) after 5 years on HSMP/Tier-1. At that time, she didn't completed 2 years, so she was issued PBS Dependant Visa.

The KoLL document mentions that the English test is exempted for PBS Dependant. Please see page 4 () of http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hip/kol-uk.

Can someone please confirm whether my wife can avoid English test for her ILR application (Set(o) form)? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Best regards
M@t

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm

She will need to meet the new KoLL requirements for settlement.