ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Birmingham delays

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fleabay
Newly Registered

OCI Birmingham delays

Post by fleabay » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi

I am a newbie to this forum.

I had submitted our OCI application in Birmingham on the 9th April and am still waiting to hear (Acknowledged on 09th April 2013). The online update is coming up as 'under process'.

Had anyone applied during this time and heard anything yet please? We are due to travel to India in August and just worried we would now need to apply for visa.

Thanks

vmat
Newly Registered

Post by vmat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:39 am

I had mine acknowledged on 9th April and nothing has changed. As far as I know, they have processed some applications on the 4th of April. It should be anytime now. I would be very nervous if the application is not processed by the end of the week.

fleabay
Newly Registered

Post by fleabay » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am

vmat wrote:I had mine acknowledged on 9th April and nothing has changed. As far as I know, they have processed some applications on the 4th of April. It should be anytime now. I would be very nervous if the application is not processed by the end of the week.
My application status has changed today.
Acknowledged on 9th April 2013 ( applied in person Birmingham)
OCI No: AA*******
Document printing status: Processed on 17th July 2013
Despatched from Delhi: Pending
Received at B'gham: Pending

Hoping it will be ready in 2- 3 weeks, fingers crossed.

vmat
Newly Registered

Post by vmat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Was there a big rush for OCI at that time?

fleabay
Newly Registered

Post by fleabay » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:43 pm

vmat wrote:Was there a big rush for OCI at that time?
When we first went on 8th April (monday), they said the tokens were all given out before 10 am and the next available date for OCI appt was 22nd May. So the next day reached there before 8:30 am and got a token, but it was in the 50's and have to wait for 5-6 hours to give the applications. I was told by other people that this place is always busy

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 am

Looks like it is taking ages from Birmingham.

Applied in person on May 6th and nothing changed. Does anyone know what date they are processing currently

vmat
Newly Registered

Post by vmat » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 pm

As of today, they have processed April 9th applications. For you, the expected date of processing will be b/w may6th to 15th.