ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to register with the police (3 days late).

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lkmlk
Newly Registered

Forgot to register with the police (3 days late).

Post by lkmlk » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi. I changed my address 10 days ago and I forgot to report that change to the police (should be reported within 7 days). My tenancy contract is dated 10 days ago (start of tenancy), which I will need to show as proof of my new address.

What should I do? I have two options:

1). Just tell them that I was ill, and was not able to register earlier (after all 3 days is not a lot). That does put them in a position to give me a warning stamp, although I'm not sure if this will actually happen for a really short period of time.
2). Tell them that although the tenancy contract was signed 10 days ago, I moved in 6 days ago (after all, moving in does take some time). This would mean that the change of address was reported on time, and I think taking time to move is pretty reasonable.

Please help. I'm really worried of getting a warning because I was 3 days late registering.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: Forgot to register with the police (3 days late).

Post by quantum1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:10 am

lkmlk wrote:Hi. I changed my address 10 days ago and I forgot to report that change to the police (should be reported within 7 days). My tenancy contract is dated 10 days ago (start of tenancy), which I will need to show as proof of my new address.

What should I do? I have two options:

1). Just tell them that I was ill, and was not able to register earlier (after all 3 days is not a lot). That does put them in a position to give me a warning stamp, although I'm not sure if this will actually happen for a really short period of time.
2). Tell them that although the tenancy contract was signed 10 days ago, I moved in 6 days ago (after all, moving in does take some time). This would mean that the change of address was reported on time, and I think taking time to move is pretty reasonable.

Please help. I'm really worried of getting a warning because I was 3 days late registering.
You can do either. It's not a big deal.