ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:hi shareen24h could you check your inbox please?

Hello Sharma

Just checked, nothing after 16.07.13 from you. plz resend.

Hello Time503

Please check your inbox.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

smatts07 wrote:Hi all, just called the UKBA for an update. The guy said it was still not complete and to just keep waiting. I've been waiting 10 months now. For(o) app based on parent of a child in UK.
App received 10 sept 2012
Bio done 20 Feb 2013
And still waiting.

I know its expensive to ring the UKBA but I've found that using Skype credit is much cheaper. I rang first thing this morning and got thru quickly. I was on for about 5 minutes if that and I used less than. A pound of my Skype credit. Hope this can save some of you some money. The only downside is if you haven't got a good connection.... I was on hold for 30 main once and when I finally got thru the woman said she couldn't hear me and hung up. Talk about frustration.
Oh thank you for this great info!!!! I been trying to find a non-geographical alternative number for them for ages! Skype sounds like a great option!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:40 am

hello @shareen just check it please

astro123

Post by astro123 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:44 am

does anybody knows the outcome of anybody's judicial review or reconsideration letter.
what is the best option to go if you're refused. reconsideration letter, appeal, and re-application? Because I've been refused even though I have British child and British partner. I don't know the reason but I'm going to see my solicitor and I want to make an informed decision. thanks

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:33 am

astro123 wrote:does anybody knows the outcome of anybody's judicial review or reconsideration letter.
what is the best option to go if you're refused. reconsideration letter, appeal, and re-application? Because I've been refused even though I have British child and British partner. I don't know the reason but I'm going to see my solicitor and I want to make an informed decision. thanks

I would not advise you to go for reconsideration unless you have new elements to add to the application such as a new born baby or a very ill partner. Or if the HO offer to reconsider their own decision. It is unlikely to the HO to go against their own decision. They have to be forced to do so.
Therefore, go for an appeal if you are allowed or for a judicial review if you don't have the right to appeal. Sometimes the Court would ask them to reconsider their decision, then they have to obey within a time framework.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:hello @shareen just check it please
hello. I have replied.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 am

Good day to you all. @Chidy brilliantly put. The HO will never undermine it's own officials. Let the courts determine the legality of their decisions!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm

@shareen24h could you check again in your inbox please?

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@shareen24h could you check again in your inbox please?
Hi
Just replied plz check.

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by grenadagirl » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Feeling down and bored today.. how is everyone ? Any good news?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

hi@shareen24h could plz check inbox?

astro123

Post by astro123 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 pm

[quote="Chidy"][quote="astro123"]does anybody knows the outcome of anybody's judicial review or reconsideration letter.
what is the best option to go if you're refused. reconsideration letter, appeal, and re-application? Because I've been refused even though I have British child and British partner. I don't know the reason but I'm going to see my solicitor and I want to make an informed decision. thanks[/quote]

I would not advise you to go for reconsideration unless you have new elements to add to the application such as a new born baby or a very ill partner. Or if the HO offer to reconsider their own decision. It is unlikely to the HO to go against their own decision. They have to be forced to do so.
Therefore, go for an appeal if you are allowed or for a judicial review if you don't have the right to appeal. Sometimes the Court would ask them to reconsider their decision, then they have to obey within a time framework.[/quote]
Hello Chidy, could you check your inbox I have sent you a private message.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi guys, can you advice on this issue for someone. She is a friend to my friend so i don't actually know her, but my friend asked me to advice on it so i decided to bring it here.

A lady was born in the UK in 1983 and was taken back by her parent to her parent home country.

Since then she never return to the UK.

She has been requesting from her parent her birth cert and other evidence of been born in the UK, but they refused to give her.

Now, she lost her parent both mum and dad

She later search the house and found only photocopies of her birth certs and some hospital documents as evidence that she was born in the UK at lambert.

She then applied for a visa at the British High Commission but i don't know what category visa she applied for maybe visit or leave to remain or right of abode i don't know, but the refused her application as they said she not meet up date to qualify for british.. But the lady was born in UK in 1983 and she now have only photocopy of her Birth certificate and some hospital documents and cards.

The point now is, she recently entered the UK illegally and she now want to live in the UK. How do you think she could legalize herself when she only have photocopy of her birth certs and hospital documents as evidence, but not original because she don't know where her late parents keep the original documents. And now she has found her way into the UK illegally.

Your advice will be appreciated
Last edited by ale001 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:06 pm

@ale001 she can take photocopy of her brithcertifcate and chase in the borough birth registry office, pay some fees they will give the new one I think try the best, good luck, if she born before 1983, she qualified for british citizen.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ale001 she can take photocopy of her brithcertifcate and chase in the borough birth registry office, pay some fees they will give the new one I think try the best, good luck, if she born before 1983, she qualified for british citizen.
Sorry, she was born in 1983, not 1982
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm

ale001 wrote:Hi guys, can you advice on this issue for someone. She is a friend to my friend so i don't actually know her, but my friend asked me to advice on it so i decided to bring it here.

A lady was born in the UK in 1982 and was taken back by her parent to her parent home country.

She has been requesting from her parent her birth cert and other evidence of been born in the UK, but they refused to give her.

She later search the house and found only photocopies of her birth certs and some hospital documents as evidence that she was born in the UK at lambert.

She then applied for a visa at the British High Commission but i don't know what category visa she applied for maybe visit or leave to remain or right of abode i don't know, but the refused her application as they said she not meet up date to qualify for british.. But the lady was born in UK in 1982 and she now have only photocopy of her Birth certificate and some hospital documents and cards.

The point now is, she recently entered the UK illegally and she now want to live in the UK. How do you think she could legalize herself when she only have photocopy of her birth certs and hospital documents as evidence, but not original because she don't know where her late parents keep the original documents. And now she has found her way into the UK illegally.

Your advice will be appreciated
I believe if she knows the full details of her parents I.e date of birth country of origin, she can apply for her original birth certificate on she can just apply online using this link

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/cert ... rtificates

Or a birth and death registery office in a chosen local council I.e Westminster or Lambeth. And to apply she would perhaps need a good solicitor cos her time spent in the UK is paramount and you know HO don't like photocopied documentation as they prefer originals. I would advice a good solicitor.

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:17 pm

[quote="ale001"]Hi guys, can you advice on this issue for someone. She is a friend to my friend so i don't actually know her, but my friend asked me to advice on it so i decided to bring it here.

A lady was born in the UK in 1982 and was taken back by her parent to her parent home country.

She then applied for a visa at the British High Commission but i don't know what category visa she applied for maybe visit or leave to remain or right of abode i don't know, but the refused her application as they said she not meet up date to qualify for british.. But the lady was born in UK in 1982 and she now have only photocopy of her Birth certificate and some hospital documents and cards.

Your advice will be appreciated[/quote

She can apply for the original copy of his/her birth certificate, she only needs to go to the Council area where she was born, good she has a copy. I also know that those who were born here before January 1, 1983 are automatically british ( though I stand corrected). She was probably refused visa at the High Commision because she has only a copy of the birth cert, and cannot provide other documents to support her claim. She need to make enquiries from relevant authority to ascertain her true position.

socrates

Post by socrates » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:19 pm

[quote="socrates"][quote="ale001"]Hi guys, can you advice on this issue for someone. She is a friend to my friend so i don't actually know her, but my friend asked me to advice on it so i decided to bring it here.

@ Ale She can apply for the original copy of his/her birth certificate, she only needs to go to the Council area where she was born, good she has a copy. I also know that those who were born here before January 1, 1983 are automatically british ( though I stand corrected). She was probably refused visa at the High Commision because she has only a copy of the birth cert, and cannot provide other documents to support her claim. She need to make enquiries from relevant authority to ascertain her true position.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:20 pm

socrates wrote:
ale001 wrote:Hi guys, can you advice on this issue for someone. She is a friend to my friend so i don't actually know her, but my friend asked me to advice on it so i decided to bring it here.

She can apply for the original copy of his/her birth certificate, she only needs to go to the Council area where she was born, good she has a copy. I also know that those who were born here before January 1, 1983 are automatically british ( though I stand corrected). She was probably refused visa at the High Commision because she has only a copy of the birth cert, and cannot provide other documents to support her claim. She need to make enquiries from relevant authority to ascertain her true position.
I corrected it. she was born 1983 and not 1982
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:25 pm

@ale001 if the parent's are british that time, then shouldn't be a problem, doesn't matter when she born on or after 1983.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:08 pm

astro123 wrote:
Chidy wrote:
astro123 wrote:does anybody knows the outcome of anybody's judicial review or reconsideration letter.

Therefore, go for an appeal if you are allowed or for a judicial review if you don't have the right to appeal. Sometimes the Court would ask them to reconsider their decision, then they have to obey within a time framework.
Hello Chidy, could you check your inbox I have sent you a private message.
Thanks, I have sent back an answer

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:08 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:hi shareen24h could you check your inbox please?

Hello Sharma

Just checked, nothing after 16.07.13 from you. plz resend.

Hello Time503

Please check your inbox.
Hi shareen
Check your inbox

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@ale001 if the parent's are british that time, then shouldn't be a problem, doesn't matter when she born on or after 1983.
Her parent ain't british and just visit and was born in UK during her parent visit
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:47 pm

@ale001 than if she born before jan 1983 then qualify for british citizen otherwise its a problem.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 pm

@time503 could you check your inbox please?