ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Topic
Newly Registered

Long Residence Application

Post by Topic » Thu May 10, 2007 11:58 am

I have remaining one year to be eligible for 14 years long residence. If I apply now prematurely, does the time to fullfill 14 years still tick till the moment Home Office makes decision? Or does the time stop the moment of dispatching the application letter?

Thank you

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Long Residence Application

Post by sakura » Thu May 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Topic wrote:I have remaining one year to be eligible for 14 years long residence. If I apply now prematurely, does the time to fullfill 14 years still tick till the moment Home Office makes decision? Or does the time stop the moment of dispatching the application letter?

Thank you
You asked this question before, last year, no? And you were told to wait until year 14, not before.

A simple example...if you were here on a Work Permit, and you are required to fulfill 5 years, would it make sense to apply in the 4th year, before the required 5 years? Or if you came as a student, and you can apply in the 10 year Long Residence, would it make sense to apply in the 9th year, before you clock up 10 years (ok, 5/10 yrs less 28 days to be precise)?

So why assume you can apply earlier than is stated? If every other application requires you to do the time, why not just wait one more year??????

You have to do 14 years BEFORE applying, and you cannot count the year the HO makes a decision as part of your 14 year application. So your 14 years is when you send the application off.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu May 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Nothing has changed! You are re-asking a question you have asked before. Please refer back to your previous postings.

Topic closed.
John