ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long Ilr / dependnt flr(m) please please help.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JTF2007

10 year long Ilr / dependnt flr(m) please please help.

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:20 am

Dear members,

I am about to apply my Ilr end of july but I have confusion regarding english language test and maintenance/financial requirment for my spouse, my mrs joined me in august 2007 we have one kid born in UK my quetions are

Q.1 Does my wife come in transitional agreement for 2 year ilr qualyfing period.

Q.2 as I belive it is mandatory to take english test from nov 2010 is she exampt from it or she still need to take that engliah test as we have copule of weeks left to apply for flrm(m).

Q.3 do I need to keep certain amount for maintenance fund before making an application for my wife as we both have same date for our visa to be expired.

Please please help me with this as i am very confused.

Thanks in advance

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:45 am

Any one please ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 year long Ilr / dependnt flr(m) please please help.

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 pm

JTF2007 wrote:Dear members,

I am about to apply my Ilr end of july but I have confusion regarding english language test and maintenance/financial requirment for my spouse, my mrs joined me in august 2007 we have one kid born in UK my quetions are

Q.1 Does my wife come in transitional agreement for 2 year ilr qualyfing period.

Yes if she has had a PBS dep visa since July 2012.

Q.2 as I belive it is mandatory to take english test from nov 2010 is she exampt from it or she still need to take that engliah test as we have copule of weeks left to apply for flrm(m).

Under what category are you applying for settlement, set(o) or set(lr)?

Q.3 do I need to keep certain amount for maintenance fund before making an application for my wife as we both have same date for our visa to be expired.

Please please help me with this as i am very confused.

Thanks in advance
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:51 pm

I am applying on 10 year long residence which I think is set(lr).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm

When does her pbs dep visa expire?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:04 pm

8 september this year dame as me.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 pm

JTF2007 wrote:8 september this year dame as me.
Ok so she'll have to apply for flr(m) before her leave expires, in the application you'll have to ask for the flr(m) decision to be made after your set(lr) decision. Once your wife is granted flr(m) she should be able to apply for settlement - set(m) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d).

For flr(m) she will have to meet the English Language requirement (click) and for set(m) the KOLL requirement (click).

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanx amber for your reply,

Now, my undrestanding is she has to get english certificate but could you please inform what level of english test is required for Flr(m) and
Is there any financial/maintenance requirment is there to to satisfy for flr m application.

Thanx

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Click on the links where it says click above,

vinny

Please help: 10 year ILR/LItuk/spouse/

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:53 pm

JTF2007 wrote:Dear Forum Member,

I am in a dilemma to apply extension of stay for my spouse and Kid, as I will be applying in August 2013 for ILR on 10 year category 6 years student, 2 years PSW and finally Tier 1 General 2 years, I like to mention here my son born in UK and my spouse visa will expired on same date as my Tier 1 general leave.

I would add arrival and extension dates here to give clear picture of her previous stay in United Kingdom
And finally populate questions which are deeply and utterly concern me for her further stay in United Kingdom.

Here are the dates, please note all extension applications are in time.
Student dependent
1st Visa
Visa issue date = 13 June 2007 Valid till 30th September 2009 / Total duration 2 years, 3 months, 18 days
UK Arrival = 08 August 2007

1st Extension PBS Dependent (PSW)
Issue date = 26 October 2009 Valid till 26 October 2011 / Total duration 2 years, 1 day
Travel Absence from UK = 1st March 2010 to 30th April 2010 for 2 months

2nd Extension PBS Dependent (Tier 1 General)
Issue date = 08 December 2011 Valid till 08 September 2013 / Total duration 1 year, 8 months, 21
Travel Absence from UK =30th January 2012 to 18th December 2012 for 10 months, 19 days
Log absence because of illness

My questions are:

Question 1: Is my spouse eligible for FLR (m) first and then SET (m) ILR immediately as she lived with me more than 2 years in one go as a student dependent and repeating almost same duration on Tier 1 PSW dependent for 2 years?
Question 2: Does she need English language test ESOL/ IELTS although she is an old arrival in UK? referring changes last year December
Question 3: Does her long absence affect her SET (m) application after FLR (m), although she was ill back home?
Question 4: what application type shall I use for my son dependent or else?
Question 5: If I take Life in the UK test before 25th of March 2013 will it be valid for ILR application in August 2013?

Finally if some senior members do kind perusal on my quires list documents required for 10 years category for main applicant it will be highly appreciated.

Kindest regards to all members.

Apologies in advance for long question.
senthilkm wrote:I am afraid I can't answer all of your questions however,

Q4. As your Son is born in the UK, Once your ILR is approved you can register the child as a British citizen directly. Get a confirmation from another senior member as well.
Q5. Life in the UK doesn't have any expiry date so you can take it before 25th March.

Warm regards,
Senthil
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

10 year long set (LR) and flr(M) postal address dilemma ?

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:08 pm

JTF2007 wrote:Dear members

Good after noon,

I have got simple question,

I am applying for ILR 10 year long residence with my spouse FLR(M) as a postal application, I am confuse because each application form has different postal address to post Home office Durham now, my question is to post application together on long residence set(LR) postal address or send them on relevant postal addresses.

or shall I write a covering letter and post both application on one address.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.