ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arsum1516

Post by arsum1516 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Congrats Mr n Mrs ozzy....

Griddler think u just got a mean eco... Thts so unfair...

Im gettin scared now
Applied Islamabad VAC : 15/05/13
Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 15/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC : 29/05/13
RFC and Collection:15/08/13
Outcome: Visa Accepted Mashallah!!!!!
Visa Stamped:13/08/2013

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:58 pm

griddler wrote:Just recieved the scans from my wife the reason they simply rejected the visa was not enough evidence provided

I had provided them with the wedding photos even the resturant outing bills whilst i was in pakistan
I mean they could have asked for more logs instead of just refusing it

Below the main reason also which really annoys me is that on the form there is a question that says what do u intend to do whilst in the uk

My wife wrote down obviously to be with me and to do masters in biologicial sciences
She did tell them she has a bachelors from Islamic university ISB it did NOT say submit the degree with the form

That really is annoying they dont even ask for the submission of degree and they said thats another reason that didnt make sense to them

No idea what to do thinking of just reapplying instead of appealing
Female gender is much more emotional and my wife is still mourning

Just make sure whoever writes they have a degree submit it with the application

Allah knows best
Afterall after hardship comes ease
My husband is currently in uni his doin a BA degree.. he gave in a letter fron his uni confirming his a student.. he has nt yet completed his course so for obvious reason couldnt submit his cerrificate..

Will this affect his application.?

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:11 pm

i do not understand why declare all these personal details ( what they studying or what they studied ) of a Pakistani applicant which has nothing to do with application?

if the degree qualifies a partner to skip English test then all you need is to send a UK NARC CERTIFICATE , stating that this persons degree was taught in English so he does not need to pass any test.

other then that if you are simply submitting IELTS OR TOIEC OR A1 ENGLISH TEST ... no need to declare what the applicant is doing or which degree he has or which degree he wants to do ?

the vaf4a form does not ask any such thing?

as far as the question what you intend to do in uk ?

answer could be , i will be looking to settle down with my partner and look for job opportunity if need be.
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

HubbyBee
Newly Registered

Post by HubbyBee » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Congratulations to all those who have received a positive outcome this week regarding their visas.

Commiserations Griddler, I think you have been hard done by. Last July the rules changed, it meant that the case workers were to be more robotic regarding the applications, whereas they could previously use their judgement. This was always going to make it difficult. However it was a couple of months ago I read that the UKBA issued a rule change stating that the case worker should get in touch with the applicant or use their judgement. I read this on the following facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan

"Under the Appendix FM-SE (Family Members – Specified Evidence) (see HC1039 para.228) we see something similar to the ‘PBS evidential flexibility’ principle being introduced at paragraph D(f): ‘Before making a decision under Appendix FM or this Appendix, the decision-maker may contact the applicant or their representative in writing or otherwise to request further information or documents. The material requested must be received by the UK Border Agency or Border Force at the address specified in the request within a reasonable timescale specified in the request’. This is a very welcome introduction. One hopes that it is applied consistently but if it is not then there arises a strong ground of appeal."

I thought they would be more flexible regarding evidence and get in touch.

For my wife, it seems another week bites the dust! I had high hopes for this week, but as I have observed from the last few weeks etc... here goes another week and I pray we all receive positive news soon. Still haven't got a reply from the BHC to whom Gerry's forwarded my email.

Allah Khair. Dua for you all.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:19 pm

griddler wrote:Just recieved the scans from my wife the reason they simply rejected the visa was not enough evidence provided

I had provided them with the wedding photos even the resturant outing bills whilst i was in pakistan
I mean they could have asked for more logs instead of just refusing it

Below the main reason also which really annoys me is that on the form there is a question that says what do u intend to do whilst in the uk

My wife wrote down obviously to be with me and to do masters in biologicial sciences
She did tell them she has a bachelors from Islamic university ISB it did NOT say submit the degree with the form

That really is annoying they dont even ask for the submission of degree and they said thats another reason that didnt make sense to them

No idea what to do thinking of just reapplying instead of appealing
Female gender is much more emotional and my wife is still mourning

Just make sure whoever writes they have a degree submit it with the application

Allah knows best
Afterall after hardship comes ease

the question exactly is ,

Do you intend to work in uk ?

yes or no , if yes provide details !!!

your wife wrote here that she wants to do masters in biological sciences... maybe they took the perception she wants to come over as a student and sort her career and you guys gave little evidence of subsisting relationship... so this could be a sham marriage...

some ECO's are really strict .. Allah he khair karey for all applicants ...

0zzyWife

Post by 0zzyWife » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 pm

JAZAK'ALLAH TO ALL FRIENDS!!!

0zzyWife

Post by 0zzyWife » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:37 pm

I have also submitted my University receipt(4 years subject mentioned with marks) because my degree was completely not prepared

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:48 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:i do not understand why declare all these personal details ( what they studying or what they studied ) of a Pakistani applicant which has nothing to do with application?

if the degree qualifies a partner to skip English test then all you need is to send a UK NARC CERTIFICATE , stating that this persons degree was taught in English so he does not need to pass any test.

other then that if you are simply submitting IELTS OR TOIEC OR A1 ENGLISH TEST ... no need to declare what the applicant is doing or which degree he has or which degree he wants to do ?

the vaf4a form does not ask any such thing?

as far as the question what you intend to do in uk ?

answer could be , i will be looking to settle down with my partner and look for job opportunity if need be.
Is the UK Naric Certificate the same as statement of comparison?
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Alltheverybest

Post by Alltheverybest » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 pm

0zzyWife wrote:SALAM!!! TO ALL FRIENDS!!! VISA GRANTED

MashAllah remember the rest of us in ur prayers
Wish u all the best for life ahead
Special request for loads of duaa

Applied on 12/06/13
Under process in BHC on 25/06/13
Rfc 18/09/13
Collected 19/09/13
Visa granted
All bcoz of my mom and ur prayers

0zzyWife

Post by 0zzyWife » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Alltheverybest SURE I KEEP YOU ALL IN MY DUA

griddler

Post by griddler » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Do they even follow the guidelines

Under appendix fmse section f it states

f) Before making a decision under Appendix FM or this Appendix, the decision-maker may contact the applicant or their representative in writing or otherwise to request further information or documents. The material requested must be received by the UK Border Agency or Border Force at the address specified in the request within a reasonable timescale specified in the request

They coule have asked for further documents how can they refuse an application without requesting the information

I dont understand these rules

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:30 pm

griddler wrote:Do they even follow the guidelines

f) Before making a decision under Appendix FM or this Appendix, the decision-maker may contact the applicant or their representative in writing or otherwise to request further information or documents. The material requested must be received by the UK Border Agency or Border Force at the address specified in the request within a reasonable timescale specified in the request

They coule have asked for further documents how can they refuse an application without requesting the information

True, But English is a bit funny language where they put "May Contact" then its up to them.

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:35 pm

I think it's the first time in HISTORY anyone's ever heard of a refusal stating that they want evidence of a DEGREE!!?? SERIOUSLY?? IT'S A SPOUSE VISA FOR GOD'S SAKES NOT A BLOODY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION!??

I think they have broken the law, seriously, they should have asked for the documents, your ECO was an evil evil person. I think you should sue the UKBA for emotional damage.

aanwar786
Newly Registered

Post by aanwar786 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Ozzy - Where did you apply from?

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:23 pm

aanwar786 wrote:Ozzy - Where did you apply from?
My wife applied from Islamabad, my timeline is in my signature
V
v

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:42 pm

congrats to mr n mrs ozzy :D

Sweet786

Post by Sweet786 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Do they send out texts on weekends too??

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:41 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:congrats to mr n mrs ozzy :D
jazakallah khair abid or is it abida?

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:52 pm

0zzy1 wrote:
aanwar786 wrote:Ozzy - Where did you apply from?
My wife applied from Islamabad, my timeline is in my signature
V

Congratulationsssssss der sare mubarkaaa
I cant wait until the day my hubby gets his visa in sha Allah
hope its soon now!!!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Sweet786 wrote:Do they send out texts on weekends too??

Sweet786 am sure they dont
on their website it says they just work mon to friday
Applied online 15/9/15

Sweet786

Post by Sweet786 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Ok lets wait and see on Monday.

arsum1516

Post by arsum1516 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:03 pm

sweet786 I wishhh they did txt n weekeds lol

another week to come and hope of a text lol
Applied Islamabad VAC : 15/05/13
Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 15/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC : 29/05/13
RFC and Collection:15/08/13
Outcome: Visa Accepted Mashallah!!!!!
Visa Stamped:13/08/2013

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Anyone else applied in mirpur?
Applied online 15/9/15

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 pm

0zzy1 wrote:

I think it's the first time in HISTORY anyone's ever heard of a refusal stating that they want evidence of a DEGREE!!?? SERIOUSLY?? IT'S A SPOUSE VISA FOR GOD'S SAKES NOT A BLOODY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION!??

I think they have broken the law, seriously, they should have asked for the documents, your ECO was an evil evil person. I think you should sue the UKBA for emotional damage.
My wife's visa was also refused because we did not provide evidence that the BA she had was equivalent to UK standards so there wasn't enough proof that she was exempt from the English language requirement. My wife has since done the English language test and we are waiting for Naric to issue us a statement of compatibility regarding her BA certificate.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

Sweet786

Post by Sweet786 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:39 pm

arsum1516 wrote:sweet786 I wishhh they did txt n weekeds lol

another week to come and hope of a text lol

I know same here I wait every week thinking Maybe today is the day if zahabiya can get in 42 days there is hope for the rest of us inshallah