ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI submission - TIPs and experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nathan_nathan

OCI submission - TIPs and experience

Post by nathan_nathan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Submitted my OCI application today -

a) I was not aware that it is Cash only or PO only. Was under the impression that credit or debit cards would do. Went out to withdraw the cash after getting my token.

b) Though I had taken copies of my revoked Indian passports, the counter person said was not needed. Surrender certificate, UK naturalisation certificate , British passport - All photocopies self attested, were taken. Original surrender certificate was also returned.

c) Went it in at about 6:15 AM and was number 11. There were 3 counters for OCI so the processing was quick. The counters opened at 9:30 and my number was called at about 9:50 and finished by 9:55.

d) As usual there was a confusion on the right queue to stand - people with miscellaneous , passport renewals were in the same queue.

e) The daunting question was What is the best time to go ? I think in London embassy, you should allow 4 hours atleast and try to be at least by 7. The queue was very long for OCI and would not recommend going late as there is a limit of 175 tokens per day.

Good luck to all

ban.s

Re: OCI submission - TIPs and experience

Post by ban.s » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:29 pm

nathan_nathan wrote:Submitted my OCI application today -

a) I was not aware that it is Cash only or PO only. Was under the impression that credit or debit cards would do. Went out to withdraw the cash after getting my token.

b) Though I had taken copies of my revoked Indian passports, the counter person said was not needed. Surrender certificate, UK naturalisation certificate , British passport - All photocopies self attested, were taken. Original surrender certificate was also returned.
The above two points are very clearly mentioned in the HCI Website

http://hcilondon.in/oci.html

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:49 pm

ban.s. thanks. But it was not clear.
For example :
"Cheques/Drafts/Cash by Post are not accepted. High Commission will not be responsible for any Cash sent by Post. We accept Cash or Postal order only at the counter while submitting the application in person."

It would have been better, if it said

"Cheques /Drafts/Cash by Post are not accepted. High Commission will not be responsible for any Cash sent by Post. Payment can be made in cash or Postal Orders at the counters when submitting the application in person in the embassy. Credit or debit cards are not accepted at the counters "

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:59 pm

nathan_nathan wrote:ban.s. thanks. But it was not clear.
For example :
"Cheques/Drafts/Cash by Post are not accepted. High Commission will not be responsible for any Cash sent by Post. We accept Cash or Postal order only at the counter while submitting the application in person."

It would have been better, if it said

"Cheques /Drafts/Cash by Post are not accepted. High Commission will not be responsible for any Cash sent by Post. Payment can be made in cash or Postal Orders at the counters when submitting the application in person in the embassy. Credit or debit cards are not accepted at the counters "
Agree it could have been clearer. Probably you missed the 'only' part that caused you inconvenience.