ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O) + DEPENDANT Success @ CROYDON 16/07/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dene

ILR SET (O) + DEPENDANT Success @ CROYDON 16/07/2013

Post by Dene » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Hello All,

Thank you for all your help and contributions to this forum.

I got my ILR on 16th July as Tier 1 (3+2) 5 years route.

1- Security checks at 08:10 am
2- Appointment check at counter
3- Fee payment at 08:21 am
4- Case Registration at 08:25 (Handed my docs and photocopies)
5- Biometric at 08:45 for both
6- Sat in cafe watching screen for case progress
7-Case went from Biometric confirmation to under consideration at 09:01
8-Ready for collection at 09:25

Docs attached.
Form,12 payslips and bank statements, one P60 for last year, Current Employer's letter, Co hab docs (Medical cards, Tenancy agreements joint name, Voter registration, bank statements joint name, rent payment reciepts and bank statements individuals).
Only was away for 75 days during 5 years.

Couple of points of concerns I had:
1- Traffic fines in 2010: My friends drove my car and parked randomly some times in double yellow line and some times in the middle of the street. So got tickets. I paid them and communicated with local authorities that it was not me. It was my friends. Also sent letters from my friends that they were driving at the time of offence. It was a big mess and F**k up. My friends tried to F**k me up but I survived. Any way got my ext in 2011 as i PROVIDED all the letters to HO.
With ILR app I only attached a cover note.
2- Economic activity issue: Was unemployed for few months during 2011. as I was made redundant. My bosses filled their pockets and disappeared:))))....
Checked with few solicitors and they said it is not a big issue. As far as you worked and tried to get some work.
So no questions were asked. Though I kept all my P60s.

Any questions about Tier1 ext, ILR or any other please feel free to ask. As I went through all this process thoroughly and cleared all doubts before hands.

Cheerio for now.

Munna Ji

pavan_fb

Post by pavan_fb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi Munna,

Congratulations, Is it required to declare your parking tickets? where did you declare this? Also do you think one needs to declare any thing which dint go to court for example council tax delay notices etc.

Which section in Set-o did you mention this?

Thanks,
Pav

Dene

Post by Dene » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:46 pm

pavan_fb wrote:Hi Munna,

Congratulations, Is it required to declare your parking tickets? where did you declare this? Also do you think one needs to declare any thing which dint go to court for example council tax delay notices etc.

Which section in Set-o did you mention this?

Thanks,
Pav
PAV,

I clicked no all criminal/civil judgments. Then wrote please see a separate note after civil judgments note.
Parking tickets: No you do not need to. If it went to court and paid in there then yes please mention that in the cover letter with communications/proofs.
Council tax: was you convicted in the court or your fine was increased? I think if it went to court then you must mention this as well in civil judgement area. May be seniors add some more info on this?

I hope this answers your questions.

Munna Ji

Pratikshah2008

Post by Pratikshah2008 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Many Congrats Munna !!!

would you be able to provide me cover note as I need to apply on 1st Aug and not sure how it shoud be ?

Dene

Post by Dene » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Pratikshah2008 wrote:Many Congrats Munna !!!

would you be able to provide me cover note as I need to apply on 1st Aug and not sure how it shoud be ?
What was your situation about traffic offences? You need to tell/Explain.
This one is mine. It was all about car parking tickets.

I have been quite unfortunate in respect of being penalized for the offences that someone else did while driving my car. One of my “friends” accumulated fines for the traffic violations and did not bother to pay or even tell me about the fines. It was too late when I noticed fines on my name from the relevant authorities for traffic violations. I did my best to explain to the relevant authorities about the fact that i myself did not do anything wrong and it was my friend who should be named in the fixed penalty notices but the authorities could not remove my name due to procedural technicalities. Relevant docs attached.

mah

tickets

Post by mah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi I had compay car and received two fines which I paid straight away. One for entering the yellow box and one for U-turn. I didn't get any points for them

Should I mention them in the form? If so where?

How can they find if it was me who did it?

It was long ago and I do not work for that company anymore and do not have access to the penalty records as it was communicated through my company by emails.

Dene

Re: tickets

Post by Dene » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 pm

mah wrote:Hi I had compay car and received two fines which I paid straight away. One for entering the yellow box and one for U-turn. I didn't get any points for them

Should I mention them in the form? If so where?

How can they find if it was me who did it?

It was long ago and I do not work for that company anymore and do not have access to the penalty records as it was communicated through my company by emails.
If that car was not on your name and more specifically those fines were not issued on your name then you fine.

Siromalai
Newly Registered

Court fine

Post by Siromalai » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Is it an automatic refusal if you get a fined in court for speeding?