ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa mistake!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joelmarcus90
Newly Registered

Visa mistake!

Post by joelmarcus90 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey guys,

I should say first off, thanks for everyone who uses this site. I have been reading it on and off for about the last year, but only registered now. All the information put up has been super helpful ... thanks!

Here's my problem:

I am a UK Citizen (NI) and am married to a Russian girl. I have moved south to the Republic of Ireland to exercise my European Treaty Rights. My wife just made an application tonight to join me here, but I afterwards was doing some more reading and realised we applied for the wrong visa!

We applied for a multiple entry visa, instead of a single entry one as advised by the guidance notes (which I read in detail after the application ... DOH!!!).

I read somewhere that we may be granted a single entry visa, even though we have applied for a multiple entry one. Is this true?

I would appreciate anyone's advice on this, should we just cancel that application and start from scratch or should we go ahead and submit our documents in the hope of a single entry visa being granted?

Also, regarding the documents, I see that they require evidence that I am legally in Ireland. What would suffice for this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you have,

Joel and Katya

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Email the embassy, they often reply, although it shouldn't be a worry, but to be super sure , just send them an email, and they will reply. good luck with app

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Every facility must be granted to those applying for the visa. It must be issued free of charge and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.

(Summary, don't take any nonsense).

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 pm

May be wrong but I think you are there legally because you are UK citizen, your passport is ok for 3 months.
Last edited by 357mag on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:39 pm

Russians do not have to apply for a visa to enter Ireland.

She can come here as a tourist, then you can apply for an EU residence card when she has arrived.

joelmarcus90
Newly Registered

Post by joelmarcus90 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Wow,

First off, I am totally amazed at all these quick responses ... thanks!

I think we will ring the embassy as advised there and 'take no nonsense'! I really like the sound of this visa, it seems to be pretty fail safe.

My only issue is that they say on their guidance notes along with the application that multiple entry visas are normally turned down unless you have been in Ireland before. Katya hasn't as yet, so I guess we should reapply as a single entry.

I'll let you all know what happens when we ring the embassy, though I reckon that will be Monday before they are open.

Thanks,
Joel

joelmarcus90
Newly Registered

Post by joelmarcus90 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Also, Thanks Brandy for your comment, but I guess it would be better to apply for this visa first before a tourist one? It's already been submitted online, so I suspect that they would be suspicious of any tourist visa's from now on?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:36 am

brandy79 wrote:Russians do not have to apply for a visa to enter Ireland.

She can come here as a tourist, then you can apply for an EU residence card when she has arrived.
Are you sure?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Apologies my information is incorrect. I read the visa waiver programme information wrong didn't realise you had to be in UK first.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Russian need a visa to enter Ireland unless they have a short-term UK visa which will allow them to come to Ireland without the need for a separate Irish visa.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

joelmarcus90
Newly Registered

Post by joelmarcus90 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:27 pm

No probs Brandy, Thanks for looking into it anyway.