ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier - 2 annual holidays limit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaaru
Newly Registered

Tier - 2 annual holidays limit

Post by kaaru » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello Manci. I am on Tier - 2 Visa and I am planning to go on annual Holidays for a period of 40 odd days outside of the UK. Would I have any problems coming back into the UK or would it affect my current Tier - 2 Visa or any future Tier - 2 applications that I would be making.

I tried to research on the UKBA website but I wasn't able to find any information regarding this. I am not able to find any information on the Immigration board website as well. Could you please help me on this.

Many thanks

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:08 pm

As long as it's paid leave it shouldn't be a problem - you might want to get a letter from your employer should it be queried by an Immigration Officer. They may be suspicious as 40 days is quite long for a holiday, so they may want to check that you still have a job.

kaaru
Newly Registered

Post by kaaru » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks a lot..

reemas
Newly Registered

Re: Tier - 2 annual holidays limit

Post by reemas » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:36 am

Hello kaaru

Did you face any problem - when you return to UK after 40 days holiday? I am also planning to go on annual holiday. I saved all my annual leave throughout the year, so that I can go home for a long time[as I will go home after one year]. After including Christmas holiday and everything the total days i got is 47 days. I also tried search on UKBA website, but didn't get any satisfying answer. I would like to ask- How long, I can stay outside UK in one trip under Tier 2 General visa? Would 47 days out would be fine?

I would appreciate any suggestions/help

Many thanks,
Reema,