ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born Child in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aarnags

Born Child in UK

Post by aarnags » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi,
I have question on my friend's behalf.
his child and he got ILR in Feb 2012.
They are going to apply for BC naturalization.
Child was born here in 2009 and got Indian passport with ILR

Can he directly apply for British passport without naturalization for his child?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 pm

No, assuming the mother was not settled/British when the child was born, the child would however, be entitled to register as British anytime by virtue of section 1(3), the child never needed to get ilr.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:12 pm

So if I understand correctly, He should'not applied for child's ILR in 2012 with him and later apply for British passport ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm

aarnags wrote:So if I understand correctly, He should'not applied for child's ILR in 2012 with him and later apply for British passport ?
The child is entitled to register as British on form MN1 assuming the other parent wasn't settled or British when the child was born. All I was saying is the child didn't need to get ilr, instead, the child could have been registered as British as soon as one of the parents were granted ilr. The child needs to be registered (not naturalised) before s(he) can get a British passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.