ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Criminal conviction

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

EEA4 Criminal conviction

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:32 am

Can someone tell me if HOME office refuse PR because of Criminal records?

Offence: Travelling without Valid train ticket so was summoned in the magistrate court

Fine: £175

If applying for PR before 5 years ( as far as i know you don't need to mention it in the application anymore after 5 years )

Anyone successful with this sort of criminal conviction ?

Ricardo

Re: EEA4 Criminal conviction

Post by Ricardo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 am

askmeplz82 wrote:Can someone tell me if HOME office refuse PR because of Criminal records?

Offence: Travelling without Valid train ticket so was summoned in the magistrate court

If applying for PR before 5 years ( as far as i know you don't need to mention it in the application anymore after 5 years )

This shouldn't be a problem. I was once fined £140 for similar offense by a magistrate court. I did CRB check 6 months later it did't appear, I told my prospective employer she it's not an issue, I declared it when I was applying to my university and I got an offer. So relax, it's in the lowest scare of offenses in this country.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA4 Criminal conviction

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 am

Ricardo wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:Can someone tell me if HOME office refuse PR because of Criminal records?

This shouldn't be a problem. I was once fined £140 for similar offense by a magistrate court. I did CRB check 6 months later it did't appear, I told my prospective employer she it's not an issue, I declared it when I was applying to my university and I got an offer. So relax, it's in the lowest scare of offenses in this country.
oh Thanks... I will check my CRB then this week

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:19 am

I was charged with the sexual assault allegations in 2007,and as all know that this is a recordable serious offence,but declare innocent in the court.So my all applications under EU regulations and BC went fine without any problem.

So don't worry about these minor offences.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Imshzd wrote:I was charged with the sexual assault allegations in 2007,and as all know that this is a recordable serious offence,but declare innocent in the court.So my all applications under EU regulations and BC went fine without any problem.

So don't worry about these minor offences.

Thanks: I received today report from DISCLOSURE SCTOLAND ( BASIC DISCLOSURE )

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/apply-online/

Conviction : NONE

Caution: NONE

so i guess RICARDO is right

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:36 am

In such discussions it helps to see what the directive actually says:
Measures taken on grounds of public policy or public security shall comply with the principle of proportionality and shall be based exclusively on the personal conduct of the individual concerned.
Previous criminal convictions shall not in themselves constitute grounds for taking such measures.
The personal conduct of the individual concerned must represent a genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat affecting one of the fundamental interests of society.
Justifications that are isolated from the particulars of the case or that rely on considerations of general prevention shall not be accepted.
I think it is very hard to justify to take anything into account that did not result in a prison sentence.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 am

Indeed, it can be argued that the 'criminality threshold' for EEA applications is much less restrictive than that of domestic law, particularly with a lack of prescription.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:46 am

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... I27127.pdf is the most recent UKBA policy note on this topic.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... I27127.pdf is the most recent UKBA policy note on this topic.