ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am

yummymummy3j wrote:@ sanny26 and mummytwo where are u guyz and hope u are keeping well? It is well in jesus name.xxx
Good morning, I am here hun,I'm just waiting on the return of my kids passport. On thursday my mp email me to say homeoffice rang them and confirm that they will be sending the passports thursday but I haven't receive it yet,I'm wondering because my application is at the last stage(allocated a caseworker) I'm hoping the caseworker make a decision and send back everyting together and not just my girls passport. They gave me a tracking number but I tried to track it online but it stating I should come back later my delivery information is not available online yet. But I get to realise that u can't tracked recorded delivery until it as delivered. I'm just hoping that I heard something this coming week... Do u know anyone who request return of their kids or spouse passport and instead get a decision?

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 am

sanny26 wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@ sanny26 and mummytwo where are u guyz and hope u are keeping well? It is well in jesus name.xxx
Good morning, I am here hun,I'm just waiting on the return of my kids passport. On thursday my mp email me to say homeoffice rang them and confirm that they will be sending the passports thursday but I haven't receive it yet,I'm wondering because my application is at the last stage(allocated a caseworker) I'm hoping the caseworker make a decision and send back everyting together and not just my girls passport. They gave me a tracking number but I tried to track it online but it stating I should come back later my delivery information is not available online yet. But I get to realise that u can't tracked recorded delivery until it as delivered. I'm just hoping that I heard something this coming week... Do u know anyone who request return of their kids or spouse passport and instead get a decision?
One of my friend who applied for PR waited so long and requested the passports back to visit their country. Even she cancelled the application. But few days ago home office sent all the passports with the visas. That was unbelievable. Maybe inshallah you will receive the same reply...keep your hopes up.... :D

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 am

Nuchi wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
One of my friend who applied for PR waited so long and requested the passports back to visit their country. Even she cancelled the application. But few days ago home office sent all the passports with the visas. That was unbelievable. Maybe inshallah you will receive the same reply...keep your hopes up.... :D
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for hun I'm doing an extension and I'm waiting for 9 and half months.

Ket

Post by Ket » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:38 am

Hello. I am confused on which form to use. I currently have discretionary leave to remain visas valid for 3 years and have to apply for a further extension for another 3 years. I was given these visas because my application for indefinite leave to remain was late and I became an overstayer. Obviously I had to go to tribunal to fight my case and was issued Discretionary Leave To Remain Visas. I will appreciate if someone can please advise what form I have to use for extension of my visas. Thank you. On ukba website they have form DL and FLR(0) but I am confused on which one to use. Thank you

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 am

olapoint101 wrote:
winners wrote:
olapoint101 wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@ola i think you should tell d gp or the midwives to write a letter and also if you can get a mat b1 and d scan pic depending on how far the pregnancy is..if not just tell yr gp to write a letter that she is so so and so weeks pregnant.. yr case is strong my dear,,, just keep praying .... i ws in a simillar situation when i applied and thnk God i ws granted but i ve applied for extension nw since last october waiting over 9months

Thanks yummymummy.

Thanks..I will do just that,our timeline is the same aswel,just mine one is fresh and I pray God will answer us all very soon and at the same time I was thinking the other side because we are not rich..how much do you think the JR will cost,so that I can know how to prepare.

Thanks
DON'T be pessimistic be positive and pray for positive answer
Thanks winners.
Ola
Have you hear from them about your one.
OLA, don't let the home office know your wife is pregnant,you could use against them in court, if there is negative decision on your application

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:04 am

Ket wrote:Hello. I am confused on which form to use. I currently have discretionary leave to remain visas valid for 3 years and have to apply for a further extension for another 3 years. I was given these visas because my application for indefinite leave to remain was late and I became an overstayer. Obviously I had to go to tribunal to fight my case and was issued Discretionary Leave To Remain Visas. I will appreciate if someone can please advise what form I have to use for extension of my visas. Thank you. On ukba website they have form DL and FLR(0) but I am confused on which one to use. Thank you
FLRO

Ket

Post by Ket » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you Daniel97. Why not Form DL?

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:26 am

Hi Guys,

I couldn't agree more with you all on sending more info to strengthen Ola's case HOWEVER, in this instance I totally agree with Daniel97, I think he should not inform the HO of the pregnancy as he can use this as his trump card should a negative decision come his way. The detriment of doing that at this stage whilst a decision is pending is the HO can turn around and say he is trying to circumvent the system by using the pregnancy!! remember keep your cards close to your chest and always think two steps ahead. I am never one to put all my eggs in one basket! So I strongly advise you to wait for a decision and then play your trump card. There is no way you will lose your case if you decide to litigate!

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Ket wrote:Thank you Daniel97. Why not Form DL?
DL is for failed asylum seeker

olapoint101

Post by olapoint101 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks guys for your concern in my issue.i will do just that by not informing them..the reason I was worried is that,I didn't proof the 2 yrs living together..I only proof a yr and half but me and my partner are be together almost 3yrs then but we don't have our name on the house then it was a shared house then and bills on landlord name.

Hope that can't go against me

God bless us all in this coming weeks.

mummytwo

Post by mummytwo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:27 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Yummymummy3j, thanks sis. Am ok and I trust you are too. Glad to know Sanny26 is also keeping the faith:)

It is well with us all, amen. Have a blessed week ahead dear.

Ket

Post by Ket » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:31 pm

[quote="Daniel97"][quote="Ket"]Thank you Daniel97. Why not Form DL?[/quote]
DL is for failed asylum seeker[/quote]

Thanks Daniel97. But form DL says the below:
APPLICATION FOR AN EXTENSION OF STAY IN
THE UK OR SETTLEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE HOME OFFICE POLICY ON DISCRETIONARY
LEAVE BY A PERSON, WHO FOLLOWING REFUSAL
OF ASYLUM, WAS GRANTED IN ONE OF THE
CATEGORIES LISTED IN THIS FORM, AND A
BIOMETRIC IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT

I will be extending my Discretionary Leave To Remain. Does the above not apply to me? Thank you

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:10 pm

olapoint101 wrote:Hi Guys,
Thanks guys for your concern in my issue.i will do just that by not informing them..the reason I was worried is that,I didn't proof the 2 yrs living together..I only proof a yr and half but me and my partner are be together almost 3yrs then but we don't have our name on the house then it was a shared house then and bills on landlord name.

Hope that can't go against me

God bless us all in this coming weeks.
Mr Ola, the best is to wait for the decision. Pls O!
No be small thing O!
Wait till u get the decision, and then if its the other side , then u will use it against them.

Speaking from a friend's experience though
Ale001

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 pm

@ket, again Daniel97 is correct

To make an initial application for discretionary leave, an application Form FLR (O) should be used. If you were previously granted discretionary leave as a result of FLR (O) application, you can then apply for extension of your discretionary leave by using the same form i.e. FLR (O) application Form.

Hope that's useful!

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Ket wrote:
Daniel97 wrote:
Ket wrote:Thank you Daniel97. Why not Form DL?
DL is for failed asylum seeker
Thanks Daniel97. But form DL says the below:
APPLICATION FOR AN EXTENSION OF STAY IN
THE UK OR SETTLEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE HOME OFFICE POLICY ON DISCRETIONARY
LEAVE BY A PERSON, WHO FOLLOWING REFUSAL
OF ASYLUM, WAS GRANTED IN ONE OF THE
CATEGORIES LISTED IN THIS FORM, AND A
BIOMETRIC IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT

I will be extending my Discretionary Leave To Remain. Does the above not apply to me? Thank you

Have you applied or refused asylum in uk before your initial discretionary was granted!!!!! If no, then use FLRO, if yes then use DL,and remember DL is free application for failed asylum seeker

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:51 pm

[quote="Ket"]Hello. I am confused on which form to use. I currently have discretionary leave to remain visas valid for 3 years and have to apply for a further extension for another 3 years. I was given these visas because my application for indefinite leave to remain was late and I became an overstayer. Obviously I had to go to tribunal to fight my case and was issued Discretionary Leave To Remain Visas. I will appreciate if someone can please advise what form I have to use for extension of my visas. Thank you. On ukba website they have form DL and FLR(0) but I am confused on which one to use. Thank you[/quote

FL(o) dear DL is for asylum seekers.

Godstime80
Newly Registered

Post by Godstime80 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Is English test compulsory for Flro new application

SDP

Post by SDP » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Godstime80 wrote:Is English test compulsory for Flro new application
As far as I know you don't need it !

Godstime80
Newly Registered

Post by Godstime80 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:17 pm

SDP wrote:
Godstime80 wrote:Is English test compulsory for Flro new application
As far as I know you don't need it !
Thanks SDP for a quick response,

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:34 pm

maud32 wrote:
Ket wrote:Hello. I am confused on which form to use. I currently have discretionary leave to remain visas valid for 3 years and have to apply for a further extension for another 3 years. I was given these visas because my application for indefinite leave to remain was late and I became an overstayer. Obviously I had to go to tribunal to fight my case and was issued Discretionary Leave To Remain Visas. I will appreciate if someone can please advise what form I have to use for extension of my visas. Thank you. On ukba website they have form DL and FLR(0) but I am confused on which one to use. Thank you[/quote

FL(o) dear DL is for asylum seekers.
hello maud32. Congrats for yr visa.is yr application a fresh or extension ?

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Divine mercy wrote:We shall all receive good news IJN,pls can anyone tell me if the time ones application wiv Ho is added to d 6 yrs altogether before applying for indefinite stay?Now dat application spend nearly a yr or over sometimes for extention.I asked becos HO says ones leave continues as long as u make a valid application for extension.is it dat the six yrs start frm d first 3 yrs wiv those time spend with them for consideration?
Does anyone have answer to this question above?

ali90

Post by ali90 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 pm

:)
Last edited by ali90 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ket

Post by Ket » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:30 am

@Believe 2013 , I did not use FLR(O) previously. I did apply for ILR using Set(M) form but my application did not get to UKBA before my visas expired and I was considered as an overstayer. I then had to go to Tribunal to fight my case and I was issued Discretionary Leave To Remain visas. I am also not an assylum seeker.
Please advise. Thank you.

Ket

Post by Ket » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:33 am

@Daniel97. I am not failed asylum seeker.

Ket

Post by Ket » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:43 am

@Daniel97. Thank you for your advise. If that is the case that I have to use Form FLR(O),, then may be you could also please let me know how many days in total am I allowed to stay out of the country in 1 and 3 years respectively?
And am I allowed to travel to my home country for holiday as I am not an assylum seeker?