ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any advice please...surinder singh law

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kirstysarti123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Any advice please...surinder singh law

Post by kirstysarti123 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Hello all,
i have been reading this forum for a while now and hope someone can help me in my situation,
i am british and my husband of 3 years is morrocan i was living in tenerife for 6 years with him where we were married, he is still there now working for a spanish employer full time contracted, i came back to the uk in nov last year to sort out his visa situation, when i came back i found out these new laws of £18.600 and do not meet this as i am a full time cashier at waitrose supermarket. I also looked into him coming on a visit visa but where i am staying with my mum is housing benefit as my brother has a disabilty so she gets housing benefit..anyway i want to be with him properly rather than just a few weeks or month visit...

so i have found out through this forum about the surinder singh route and i plan to go to ireland prob dublin as i have heard this is where the work is?.. on working in ireland for 6 months what documents and what do i need to do next to get him from tenerife to ireland and then the uk

any help i would be VERY grateful for thanks in advance good luck to all x

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Since you have returned to the UK after excercising your EU treaty rights I believe your husband can enter the UK through the EU (rather than UK) regulations. If you were working or self-employed in Spain and then returned to the UK haven't you effectively taken the Surinder Singh route?

kirstysarti123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kirstysarti123 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 am

i was working in Tenerife for 6 years but it wasnt contracted.When i asked time and time again they always said no i tried to find other work like waitressing etc but that was also not contracted 90% of the work out there isnt contracted unless its for a spanish employer and then you have to speak fluent spanish which i dont my husband does and is working contracted for a spanish employer..

i am plannin on goin to ireland in march when i can have some money behind me once in ireland what do i need to do,

thanks so much for replying! :)

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 am

Your pay slips should be enough evidence, but anyway if you wand to start from scratch.

At the moment you are a UK resident. What you will be doing is becoming an Irish resident and worker.

You go to Ireland and find accomodation. Get it in writing because you will need the evidence later.
Tenancies are registered over there, http://www.prtb.ie/

You register to get a PPS number (equiv NI number) http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Personal ... Apply.aspx

You have to get a job or be self-employed. How many hours and for how long are a matter of dispute. Bottom figure is 5.5 hours a week for 3 months.

You cant stay in Ireland for more than 3 months if you dont have work or cant support yourself.

You collect your evidence of work and residence and return to UK.

Your husband applies for family permit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/ at the British Embassy.

Your husband does not have to join you in Ireland (Metlock case), but life would be nicer for you both if he does.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

kirstysarti123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kirstysarti123 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks so much for your reply it was very kind of you. There was never any wage slips in Tenerife it was all cash in hand thats why i havent got the proof and i have to start all over again!..

Am going to ireland in march and hope for him to come there as soon as i can get him there i plan on working there defiently and will take around 2000euro so i hope this is enough to find work and somewhere to live in that time, after i have got a job wage slips bank statements etc i will then apply for the family permit.
does he need to go to the british consular in tenerife to apply or can i do it from ireland thanks in advance

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:32 pm

He flys into Ireland on a visitor visa or student visa.
Its better if you fly in together but not essential.
Your goal is for him to get "stamp 4", they might do it at port where he lands or you go to GNIB. Stamp 4 is valid for 3 months and will allow him to legally work.
He needs to apply for 4EUfam stamp for continuing after 3 months http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... eland.html

You are then residents and workers in Ireland and you way want to just stay in that beautiful country for 5 years and become fully Irish. But when he has 4EUfam he can apply for EEA2 for British Embassy in Dublin
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 pm

good luck

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:49 pm

357mag - thank you for that information! Are you currently in Ireland?

kirstysarti123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kirstysarti123 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:33 pm

thanks very much for all your advice i know what to do now once in ireland after the 3 or is it 6 months of working there what then is the next step any advice again welcomed thanks so much to all who have messaged me with advice its very kind of you x

raja999

Post by raja999 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:23 pm

thx 357mag v good advice. i want to call my parents and dependent sisters through this route (extended family members non eu). can i use ur advice for
extended family members as well. or different proof or documents required for that.

advance thx