ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current naturalisation processing times?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AlexCh

Current naturalisation processing times?

Post by AlexCh » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 am

My wife sent her naturalisation application on the 29th of March via NCS by special delivery mail and it was delivered to the Home Office on the 30th of March (we double checked it on the Royal Mail website). Since then - nothing - no confirmation letter received, no money taken from her credit card. Looks like the application letter has not been open yet - should we start panic already? It is exactly 1 month already... :(

SK1

Re: Current naturalisation processing times?

Post by SK1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:47 pm

AlexCh wrote:My wife sent her naturalisation application on the 29th of March via NCS by special delivery mail and it was delivered to the Home Office on the 30th of March (we double checked it on the Royal Mail website). Since then - nothing - no confirmation letter received, no money taken from her credit card. Looks like the application letter has not been open yet - should we start panic already? It is exactly 1 month already... :(

AlexCh,

Your wife's not the only one that applied during Feb/March and haven't heard back from the BIA. Check out this thread on this forum where timelines have been posted http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=740

I applied 20 Feb and they have only taken my money, but I haven't heard anything yet. Just hang in there and be patient. The BIA are swamped at the moment because of all the applications they received just before April.

Regards

SK1

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat May 05, 2007 6:21 pm

AlexCh,

did the NCS give you a special delivery number which enabled you to determine if the application had been received by the Immigration people?

what is BIA?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 am

In my case, Camden NCS didn't. I called them after the application had been sent and they assured me that they would give me a call back and let me know the number, but I never heard from them.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:24 am

rogerroger wrote:AlexCh,

did the NCS give you a special delivery number which enabled you to determine if the application had been received by the Immigration people?

what is BIA?
Border and Immigration Agency (BIA)....new name since the HO split in two. It used to be IND.

SK1

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon May 07, 2007 12:29 pm

If you the read the link to the post above, you will see that it seems to be pot luck as to how long your naturalisation application takes. Some people have had their applications processed in 2 weeks, 3 weeks (in my case), 1 month and anywhere up to 6 months, although very few seem to have waited longer than 6 months.

There's some speculation and circumstantial evidence that your current nationality (and consequently the level of security checks required) may play a major role in how long your application takes, but of course as there is no way to conclusively prove this.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Tue May 08, 2007 12:48 pm

rogerroger wrote:AlexCh,

what is BIA?
Yes, NCS gave us the number, but only on our explicit request - I called them later and asked for the number. Royal Mail site confirms that the application was delivered on the 30th of March and they even have an image of the signature with date.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Tue May 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Dawie wrote: There's some speculation and circumstantial evidence that your current nationality (and consequently the level of security checks required) may play a major role in how long your application takes, but of course as there is no way to conclusively prove this.
We are talking here about taking the money, which is the first step of the processing - before any other checks. In my case the money was taken from my account on the next day, but wife has been waiting already 40 days - no money yet taken, which means no any processing yet started.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:17 pm

In my case the money was taken three days after I'd got the acknowledgement letter (which confirmed that the fees had been paid in full). Despite what the Royal Mail website says, have you tried calling the Home Office helpline and asking them if they have received it, quoting the reference number?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Can people add their nationality to the time it has taken to receipt and payment taken?

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Tue May 08, 2007 5:18 pm

Marco 72 wrote:In my case the money was taken three days after I'd got the acknowledgement letter (which confirmed that the fees had been paid in full). Despite what the Royal Mail website says, have you tried calling the Home Office helpline and asking them if they have received it, quoting the reference number?
I have not tried to call them yet - just wanted to check if other people on this forum had the same problem.

tdpff3

Post by tdpff3 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:27 pm

From BIA website as of end of February:

Current Nationality application waiting times for Naturalisation is 2.45 months

champion

Post by champion » Thu May 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Dear Moderators,
this thread should be merged with Timeline thread(sticky)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5575
All,
here you can get an idea of response time for different people.
it took 5 weeks to BIA to deduct money from my card
I posted on 29th march