ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K_Karan

Re: Will they issue Biometric card?

Post by K_Karan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:14 pm

Nope, the visa is stamped directly on the passport.
rockstar2k4 wrote:Once the spouse visa granted will they issue Biometric card for them? who applying from India?

pp1
Newly Registered

Post by pp1 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Just to let thank everyone on this forum as it has helped us in our application...i have been a silent member but i am so happy as my wife just got her visa today within 60 working days from india

Country applying from: India
Type of visa applied for: Spouse/Settlement
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: 24th April 2013
Office location processing your visa: Mumbai
Projected timeline given: 60 working days
Email announcing that decision had been reached mumbai: 3rd July
Documents plus visa arrived: 4th July

ssdhar_k
Newly Registered

Need information regarding settlement visa

Post by ssdhar_k » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi, I just found this website. I am in the process of applying for settlement visa for my wife and two kids. Is it a one application or do I need to apply seperately for my wife and kids? Please advise me. many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sreedhar

pr123
Newly Registered

Congrats!!!

Post by pr123 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Congrats.. That was quick (in terms of BHC timelines for such visa processing).
It appears that the Chennai BHC takes longer time compared to others. All others seem to be processing earlier than 60 working days

pp1 wrote:Just to let thank everyone on this forum as it has helped us in our application...i have been a silent member but i am so happy as my wife just got her visa today within 60 working days from india

Country applying from: India
Type of visa applied for: Spouse/Settlement
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: 24th April 2013
Office location processing your visa: Mumbai
Projected timeline given: 60 working days
Email announcing that decision had been reached mumbai: 3rd July
Documents plus visa arrived: 4th July

silver2012
Newly Registered

Re: Need information regarding settlement visa

Post by silver2012 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi,

Yes you need to fill separate applications for each applicant; in your case that would be 3(wife n 2 kids).

ssdhar_k wrote:Hi, I just found this website. I am in the process of applying for settlement visa for my wife and two kids. Is it a one application or do I need to apply seperately for my wife and kids? Please advise me. many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sreedhar

ssdhar_k
Newly Registered

Post by ssdhar_k » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you very much for your reply

ssdhar_k
Newly Registered

Re: Need information regarding settlement visa

Post by ssdhar_k » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

silver2012 wrote:Hi,

Yes you need to fill separate applications for each applicant; in your case that would be 3(wife n 2 kids).

ssdhar_k wrote:Hi, I just found this website. I am in the process of applying for settlement visa for my wife and two kids. Is it a one application or do I need to apply seperately for my wife and kids? Please advise me. many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sreedhar

Thank you very much for your reply

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 am

After a long wait , my daughter got visa and below are the timelines :

19/04/2013 - Application submitted as a child of settled person(s) @ VFS Hyderabad

22/04/2013 - Application Forwarded to BHC

09/07/2013 - Text message received and Status changed to Processed application send to Blue dart.

10/07/2013 - Documents received

Total Days - 83

Total Working Days - 58 Days

Visa Granted until the expiry of the passport until March 2018

I would like to thank everyone who had helped me in the process and all who provided support .

Thanks
Firefly

pr123
Newly Registered

Congrats!!!

Post by pr123 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Congrats Cf_firefly.
My wife and kid applied on 15th Apr 2013 and their visa was processed on similar timescale as yours. The end date on their visa is around 33 months from the date of issue. Sorry to ask, I am wondering about the reason why your daughter's visa ends on March 2018 and not after 33 months as mentioned in the UK BA website.
Cf_firefly wrote:After a long wait , my daughter got visa and below are the timelines :

19/04/2013 - Application submitted as a child of settled person(s) @ VFS Hyderabad

22/04/2013 - Application Forwarded to BHC

09/07/2013 - Text message received and Status changed to Processed application send to Blue dart.

Total Days - 83

Total Working Days - 58 Days

Visa Granted until the expiry of the passport until March 2018

I would like to thank everyone who had helped me in the process and all who provided support .

Thanks
Firefly

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Re: Congrats!!!

Post by Cf_firefly » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi pr123 ,

I can only think of below reason :

Both me and My wife have already got ILR when we applied for our daughter Visa .So we have applied for visa as a child of settled persons .

From statement of intent doc i see below points which reflect both of our cases :
  • On the five year family route, a migrant partner joining, accompanied by or joined by a migrant child will remain subject to the relevant higher level of financial requirement (income threshold) at every stage until the migrant partner has qualified for indefinite leave to remain. The child will continue to get limited leave in line with the parent until they can qualify for indefinite leave to remain once the parent has done so.

A child joining parents who both have settled status in the UK will not be subject to the financial requirement (income threshold) and will continue to get settlement on arrival (indefinite leave to enter).
Thanks
Firefly

suraj4utd
Newly Registered

Post by suraj4utd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:18 pm

here is our timeline:
My wife applied for spouse visa today

12/07/13 - application submmited and biometrics taken vfs jalandhar.

we've been told it will take 56 working days

ssdhar_k
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa for settled person in UK

Post by ssdhar_k » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi

Can any one help me which visa is appropriate in my case? I have settlement visa in UK. My wife and two kids are in India. Can we apply for depandant visa with limited leave to remain? Or we should only able to apply for settlement visa? My wife was in UK for 5 years and unfortunately they had moved to India before getting settlement visa?

Any advice would be greately appreciated.

Thanks, Sreedhar

rockstar2k4

Info needed for spouse application

Post by rockstar2k4 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 pm

Can you please advise on the following query.

- We will be applying for British citizen dependent (Spouse dependent) from India. Currently my partner is working for an IT company, India and I live in UK and all the application is sponsored by me.

To submit the application re For the following criteria

Evidence of your current employment / studies This could include: a letter from your employer on company headed paper – detailing your salary and the length of your employment, confirming that you have been given time off work, and stating whether this time off is paid or unpaid

Do we need to take any letter from my partner’s employer as stated above? Because I’m in confusion whether this would require or not as I will be sponsoring the application.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Rocky

neha78
Newly Registered

spouse visa application

Post by neha78 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:49 am

19eggs wrote:Congrats...Sigh of relief now....:lol: :lol: 8)
waitnwatch wrote:A quick update folks. The hideous wait for my wife and me is finally over :) :)

Following are my timelines.

Application Submitted: 21/03/2013 @ VFS Pune
Status Changed to "Forwarded to BHC Mumbai": 26/03/2013
Status Changed to "Handed to Blue Dart": 19/06/2013
Courier Received: 20/06/2013
Visa Stamped On: 18/06/2013
Working Days: 62
Total Days: 92
:arrow: :? :?
Last edited by neha78 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for wife – evidence of accommodation

Post by krishna6456 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 pm

My wife applied her visa on 16 May 2013 at VFS Hyderabad… If possible could you please share your list of documents. As I have only submitted original tenancy agreement and wondering if that is enough? My bank statements , payslips and my Full UK driving license reflect the same address

As per UKBA guidance document – evidence of accommodation it say you may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.

This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there

Your reply would be much appreciated

Thanks

mjam
Newly Registered

Post by mjam » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:15 pm

I have been one of the silent observers of this thread

After a long wait , my wife got visa and below are the timelines :

First Application: Refused

18/12/2012 - Application submitted as spouse of settled person(s) @ VFS Chennai

15/03/2013 - Text message received and Status changed to Processed application send to Blue dart.

16/03/2013 - Documents received . Visa refused due to multiple reasons. I was not a follower of this thread, and hence missed out on some of the details (Bank statements and payslips were older than 28 days, Employment letter missing type of employment wording- permanent, Tenancy agreement does not describe the house in detail, Just the degree certificates of spouse does not satisfy the English language requirements). Hence decided to re-apply instead of appealing.

Second Application
17/04/2013 - Application submitted as spouse of settled person(s) @ VFS Bangalore

Visa granted - valid until 05/04/2016

I would like to thank the many posts in this forum which has helped me in obtaining the visa

Thanks
Mjam

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi Congratulation; could you please expand bit on Tenancy agreement does not describe the house in detail? Could you please post exact wording in your refusal letter please ?

mjam
Newly Registered

Post by mjam » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks....

Refusal reason relating to Tenancy Agreement
- You have submitted your sponsor's tenancy agreement; however this does not give any information as to the type and size of the proposed accommodation or the current level of occupancy. I am therefore not satisfied that there will be adequate accommodation without recourse to public funds.

During the second time we only addressed the failings listed in our refusal letter. Hence we were anxious the second time around as well.

It is better to submit additional documents like any utility, phone bills / contracts. Some of the previous posts have listed a comprehensive set of documents which has been very useful.

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks for your reply .., hey I only applied with original tenancy agreement .., it on my name and I went through details and no where in the document mention about the size.., please could you provide details of tenancy agreement you have provided .., is it on ur name or it was shared accommadation or u were living with parents ..,

Please reply me as I m really scarred and worried now

kirana
Newly Registered

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Post by kirana » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:48 am

Hi,

I'm a British citizen and preparing the document for the spouse visa. I live in a shared house and do not have council and other utility statement. Can someone please advise what are the other evidence can be provided to meet the accommodation requirement apart from .
1.Tenancy Agreement & 2. Clearance letter from landlord?

Thanks,
Kirana

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 am

I suggest you to get the "Property inspection report"

rockstar2k4

Post by rockstar2k4 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 am

I dont think we need property inspection report unless we dont have any evidence to show... that's only for to show for over crowding i believe..... Experts, pls correct me if am worng.

Also if the person staying in shared accomdation - as long as room is suffice accomdate for couple - for this permission from Landlord and tenancy copy should meet the requirement in my opinion.

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:06 pm

You may be right but UKBA guidance is so complication that it v hard to understand and satisfy the specific requirement .., it may lack of training to UKBA staff following the caseworker guidance and assess the application or people in the forum don't reveal the extract refusal cause ..,

meetvans

Mumbai Processing Times for Settlement

Post by meetvans » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Processing times seem to have improved a bit - 40 working days by the Mumbai visa service team

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ai-process

mjam
Newly Registered

Post by mjam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 am

krishna6456 wrote:Thanks for your reply .., hey I only applied with original tenancy agreement .., it on my name and I went through details and no where in the document mention about the size.., please could you provide details of tenancy agreement you have provided .., is it on ur name or it was shared accommadation or u were living with parents ..,

Please reply me as I m really scarred and worried now
Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.... I have not lived in shared accommodation for more than 5 years now and the tenancy agreement was there only in my name ( i have submitted similar formats of tenancy agreements for my parents visitor visas so many times before)... but the case worker had doubts in his mind I guess...

Second time I have asked my builiding care taker to add the dimensions of the house, max occupancy level etc... the care taker also added a note saying the flats use electricity tokens and council tax bill is included within the rent... So guess all these helped... I could have still submitted TV licence, Broadband, home line bills as additional bits (but I did not submit any additional house docs)