ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit PARTIALLY declined

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

idealstar
Newly Registered

EEA family permit PARTIALLY declined

Post by idealstar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Sorry for double posting:

Hi all,

I am EEA citizen, working in the UK since six months. My wife and (step)kids are coming to live with me, and when applying for EEA family permit (as they are non-EEA citizens), my wife was quickly approved for the permit/visa, but the kids not!

Due to my understanding, that breaks literally every rule in the book:
- the decision is possibly separating kids from their partnes
- the decision hinders my right to free movement in the EEA area
- etc...

Please avise - we have not yet received the paperwork back, but to me it seems totally out of place.

Thanks

J

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Are the children under 21 or dependant on you?

Regulation 7(1)(b) defines children as either yours or your spouse.

idealstar
Newly Registered

Post by idealstar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes, two under 21, all three dependent 100% on me. (Oldest is 22)

Jambo wrote:Are the children under 21 or dependant on you?

Regulation 7(1)(b) defines children as either yours or your spouse.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:33 pm

For the oldest, they have a right to an EEA family permit if they are dependent on you or your wife.

For the other 2, if they are under 18, then permission is required from their dad, or the mother is required to show that she has been their primary career, and the biological father has had no role in their lives.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

idealstar
Newly Registered

Post by idealstar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.

All that have been done. Just confirms my thoughts. I will wait until I get the paperwork back to see what their reasons are and re-apply or appeal.

One would think that a few phone calls or interviews would sort this out instead of creating an extremely stressful situation.
Obie wrote:For the oldest, they have a right to an EEA family permit if they are dependent on you or your wife.

For the other 2, if they are under 18, then permission is required from their dad, or the mother is required to show that she has been their primary career, and the biological father has had no role in their lives.