ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:20 am

I am in the same position as you were after I moved to Swindon area I started to live on my own as it V cheap compared to flats/ rent in London However after reading the UKBA guidance document I though Tenancy Agreement would be sufficient as it mention any one of the document.
I took this flat from letting agency last year Dec 2012 and they confirmed that tenancy agreement is between you and landlord obeying the UK law and doesn’t include type or size.
I understand that type and size is necessary for people sharing the accommodation or living in parents’ house or want to accommodate spouse in parent’s house.

This is very stupid and I can’t really understand as I studied UKBA guidance so many time and submitted the documents exactly they it say on the guidance.

If they need what they want they should mention that. Wherever I rented in UK, I never saw Tenancy agreement detailing about the size and type. Yes it include Inventory list of the house but not size and type. Senior mods please could you comment on this
I should have taken letter from Landlord but it’s too late. God save me.
Could I please ask you how much money did you show in your bank account? I know this is personnel.

Thanks
Krishna

mjam
Newly Registered

Post by mjam » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Krishna,

You are right in saying all those .... You could easily appeal against such petty things and get the decision over turned... But a torturous wait of more than 6 months is irritating and nobody wants it.

Don't worry now, probably my first case worker was really picky...
Normal tenancy agreements doesn't include size and type, guess the case workder wanted a detailed brochure of the house (which u might get for a new house not an old one). Even the second time I was very nervous, as some them have mentioned about submitting utiltiy bills, contracts etc etc.

Regarding the amount in the bank account - around 5000£'s during both submissions.

Regards
Mohan.J

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks Mohan for your reply. Mine is 46th day today.....

Hope all depends upon the luck but this wrong as if you submitted all the documents which are mentioned in UKBA guidance documentation you should not worry but in this instance guidance document is so wolly and cant be understandble to layman.....

Let see what will happen as this waiting time is killing me. Cant you please gimme your number if your in UK?

Hope for the best

Thanks
Krishna

preetham
Newly Registered

Can Submit the online application before marraige date

Post by preetham » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi,

Someone please advise, Can I submit the online application for British dependent visa before marriage( A week before the marriage -martial status is still unmarried) and book the date for submission of the application after the marriage date?

Thanks,
Preetham

meetvans

Status on the VFS Tracking Page

Post by meetvans » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:51 am

Hello All,

Had a question around the status that appears on the Tracking Page.

Does it ever change from 'Forwarded to British High Commission' to 'Under Process' or something to update that there's something done with the application.
Or does the status straight gets updated to "Ready for Collection"

Am just being anxious on the status, its been now 30 working days and the status is still Forwarded to BHC...

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:17 am

Yes I does change to under process with British High commission … I think it is technology glitch

RachanaSingh
Newly Registered

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Post by RachanaSingh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi,

Did anybody receive settlement visa applied on and after 1st May 2013 ?

I applied at VFS hyderabad

Application submission : 1st May 2013.

Current Day : 59th Day

Visa Type : Fiance visa

No update received yet, current status is "under process"

Thanks,
Rachana

mjam
Newly Registered

Post by mjam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 pm

krishna6456 wrote:Thanks Mohan for your reply. Mine is 46th day today.....

Hope all depends upon the luck but this wrong as if you submitted all the documents which are mentioned in UKBA guidance documentation you should not worry but in this instance guidance document is so wolly and cant be understandble to layman.....

Let see what will happen as this waiting time is killing me. Cant you please gimme your number if your in UK?

Hope for the best

Thanks
Krishna
Hi Krishna,

Give me your personal email id and I will mail you my contact details.

Regards
Mohan.J

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi Mohan

My email ID is krishna6545@gmail.com. Thank u

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:35 pm

neha78
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Post by neha78 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 am

quote="RachanaSingh"]Hi,

Did anybody receive settlement visa applied on and after 1st May 2013 ?

I applied at VFS hyderabad

Application submission : 1st May 2013.

Current Day : 59th Day

Visa Type : Fiance visa

No update received yet, current status is "under process"

Thanks,
Rachana[/quote].
Last edited by neha78 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi Rachana

My wife has applied spouse visa on 16 May 2013 at VFS Hyderabad and status is still showing “under process with British high commission “

However timelines for Jun 2013 from Hyderabad at pretty bad so hope for best

Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
Settlement 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 50% 50% 50% 2

LondonCalling2012
Newly Registered

Post by LondonCalling2012 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi can anyone please help:

My spouse visa was refused and I had appealed. I have WON my appeal and now waiting for call letter from Delhi, how long does this call letter usually take to arrive? Please if anyone has any experience let me know. the wait is killing me.

Mathy
Newly Registered

Post by Mathy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:24 am

Hi Rachana

Have you got update on spouse visa??

I have applied for my daughters settlement visa on 09 May 2013 @ VFS Cochin..still waiting..

Thanks
Mathy

merpu
Newly Registered

Applied on 14th May - Settlement visa for my daughter

Post by merpu » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 am

Mathy wrote:Hi Rachana

Have you got update on spouse visa??

I have applied for my daughters settlement visa on 09 May 2013 @ VFS Cochin..still waiting..

Thanks
Mathy
I have applied Settlement VISA for my daughter on 14th May, still awaiting.

I have applied at VFS Chennai.

Mathy
Newly Registered

Post by Mathy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi,

I got my daughters visa today

Visa applied on: 09 may 2013
Applied at : VFS Cochin
Collected passport : 30 July 2013
No of working days: 58
[/quote][/list][/list][/url]

samar0001

Re: Can Submit the online application before marraige date

Post by samar0001 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:36 pm

preetham wrote:Hi,

Someone please advise, Can I submit the online application for British dependent visa before marriage( A week before the marriage -martial status is still unmarried) and book the date for submission of the application after the marriage date?

Thanks,
Preetham
As far as I know it doesn't matter as one of friend did the same thing

But Experts can answer this better.

neha78
Newly Registered

Re: Can Submit the online application before marraige date

Post by neha78 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 pm

[quote="samar0001"][quote="preetham"]Hi,

Thanks,
Preetham[/quote]

As far as I know it doesn't matter as one of friend did the same thing

But Experts can answer this better.[/quote]. Hi.... has anyone applied through VFS Delhi on or around the 1st of May? ... It's been 63 working days and I still haven't heard anything. Status shows as "application under process"... I don't know what to do or whom to contact... I sent an email to VFS but nothing came out of it as their reply did not give any answers... Anyone who has any updates regarding the same, kindly let me know. Regards, Neha

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi Neha

Try to contact UKBA.., as they have replied me back saying that according to service level agreement set by British high commission it should take 60 working days to process the application..,

Confirm whether any delays in processing application made from VFS Hyderabad ..,

Don't worry u should be ok ..,

Cheers
Krishna

rrp

Post by rrp » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:01 am

Hope someone can help me, I have raised this issue in another thread(ILR for my Child(Applying from India and UK)) and trying to clarify one point.
I and my wife are both having ILR and currently in UK. We are planning to have our baby in India and after that we will apply child settlement visa from India. I have been told two things, not sure which one is correct.

1)Some people told the child will get ILE visa which is indefinite leave to enter same as ILR.
2) Also some people told that the child will first get Dependent ILR for two years and after spenidng two years in UK the child will be elligible to apply ILR.

Can any one please advise which one is correct.

Dear Moderator - My sincere appologise that I have raised the same issue in two different post.

merpu
Newly Registered

Post by merpu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Mathy wrote:Hi,

I got my daughters visa today

Visa applied on: 09 may 2013
Applied at : VFS Cochin
Collected passport : 30 July 2013
No of working days: 58
[/list][/list][/url][/quote]

Hi Mathy,

I need to have a quick call with you

can you send me your number to my email id premraj.sap@gmail.com

Thanks
Prem

neha78
Newly Registered

Post by neha78 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 pm

[quote="krishna6456"]Hi Neha

Try to contact UKBA.., as they have replied me back saying that according to service level agreement set by British high commission it should take 60 working days to process the application..,

Confirm whether any delays in processing application made from VFS Hyderabad ..,

Don't worry u should be ok ..,

Cheers
Krishna[/quote]. Hi Krishna... I did contact VFS in Delhi itself but I got no answers, in fact I also went to the BHC and they don't let anyone go in so the guard said all we can do is wait as min period is 60 working days and max is 120 days I.e min 3 months or max 6... I'm just disheartened to say the least. This is so not fair :-(

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi Neha

I m really sorry to hear that :( I m really not a expert who can suggest what to do next...

I can understand you as I m in the same boat as you are.., sadly but please share your document list so that forum members can see what's going on? and direct you in right way.....keep faith in God and maintain patience ...,may be me u can .try calling the VFS Delhi and see what they say.., ?

Number on UKBA website ..,

Keep smiling

krishna6456
Newly Registered

Post by krishna6456 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Rachana

Did you get the Visa?

Thanks
Krishna

merpu
Newly Registered

Got VISA for my daughter

Post by merpu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello All

Thanks to this great forum. Which made my life easier and tension free.

I got my settlement visa for my daughter

Applied on 14- May - 2013

Visa received on 02 - August - 2013

No. working days - 59.

Those who are going to apply, please read this forum contents carefully which is super guide to everyone.

Thanks All